Chapter 2: The Skinsaw Murders

load previous
May 22, 2019 2:40 pm
OOC:
Would it have been possible for the sobbing to have come from the 3rd floor or do we get the feeling that it was something closer than that and we just haven't found it on the second floor?
May 22, 2019 2:42 pm
OOC:
It was just a faint sound that was heard, so it could have been from either floor.
May 23, 2019 12:57 pm
Big house, lots of nooks and crannies to search. Let's get to it, Viktor says with a sigh as he starts up the stairs, weapon ready.
May 23, 2019 3:07 pm
You ascend the stairs, which creak loudly under your feet. When you reach the top, you find yourselves in another hallway. Now that you're up the stairs, you can once again hear the sound of a woman sobbing somewhere further down the hallway.

Map
May 23, 2019 4:34 pm
So many doors... We should open but not enter the rooms to make sure we won't be attacked then investigate them once we know there isn't anything to swing a sword at us.
May 23, 2019 6:08 pm
I second your opinion, Gongar, Viktor says as he rubs the magically closed wound on his gut. But then again, I wouldn't count on us being able to detect these things that seem to want us dead.
May 23, 2019 8:36 pm
That is why I want to identify the things we can see that want to kill us before we go poking at things that we can't see. Surveying the rest of his companions Gongar looks to see if anyone has any objections before they move through the long winding hallway.
OOC:
My idea is to move down the hallway opening the doors in succession, looking in from the doorway for anything that might attack us or need our assistance. If none of those are in a room I would move on to the next door. After we have opened up all the door I would suggest going into each room as a group after the smarties have had a chance to identify anything that might be a haunt or other arcane sources.

We could roll 9 perceptions checks or one for looking through the doors and then any knowledge/arcana checks you want Nat.
May 24, 2019 10:45 am
OOC:
sounds like a good idea to me
May 24, 2019 5:04 pm
That sounds like an excellent plan. Anything to keep us from killing ourselves. Hetris says.
OOC:
Agreed.
May 28, 2019 2:33 am
OOC:
Yeah, someone give me some perception checks
May 28, 2019 8:24 am
"I'm beginning to think the sobbing is merely a ruse. A lure." Urthask growls. "I do not enjoy being toyed with. By the living or the dead."

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+8)

(13) + 8 = 21

May 28, 2019 2:35 pm
I agree that I would rather have something to smash with my hammer than something attacking my mind. Gongar shudders at the thought of loosing control of himself.
OOC:
I like Urthasks roll better.
Last edited May 28, 2019 2:36 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

May 28, 2019 4:54 pm
You open a few doors in the hallway:

B19 - A large number of wooden planks, rope, and other repair supplies are stored here. The ceiling above sags noticeably; in several areas patches of the sky above are visible.

B20 - Each of these rooms is stacked with old furniture, sheets and linens, boxes and crates, and other bits.

B21 - The ceiling of this room angles down steeply, leaving only four feet of headroom to the southeast. A low cot and a dresser are the room’s only furnishings.

As you open the corner door, you hear a shriek of pain from the furthest door on the right (B24).

Map
May 29, 2019 8:23 pm
Viktor flinches terribly upon hearing the shriek but immediately readies his flail. There, quickly! he says with a voice shaken by the sudden cry. Shield up and afraid, he moves quickly to open the door and confront the thing, unless someone stops him.
May 30, 2019 12:48 pm
Gongar reacts in much the same way. Growling through his fear he is side by side with Viktor as he opens the door.
OOC:
Perception to identify what screamed if its not obvious when we open the door.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(13) + 2 = 15

May 30, 2019 1:08 pm
Hetris moves quickly with the others, her silver dagger flashing into her hands.
May 30, 2019 2:55 pm
Following close behind the others, Skriz brings to mind several incantations and begins running through mind focusing techniques.
May 31, 2019 4:32 am
Urthask, uncharactersitically, and only because his player is slow to post, brings up the rear.
Last edited May 31, 2019 4:32 am
May 31, 2019 2:09 pm
You rush down the hall and reach the last door on the right and find that it's locked. You can hear the sobbing much louder now and it's clear that the source is just on the other side of this door.

Map
May 31, 2019 3:31 pm
Can anyone open this lock? Gongar looks to his companions questioningly. He raises his hammer with the intent to bash the door in if no one answers in the affirmative.

Yelling to the person inside, We are here to help you, unlock the door so we can help you!
OOC:
I don't have persuasion. I could roll intimidate or persuasion untrained.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.