The Old Guard OOC Thread

load previous
Sep 1, 2015 7:27 pm
I'd go as far as saying he's defenceless and can't provide any opposition: wouldn't need a roll
Sep 2, 2015 7:57 am
Where to next? This seems as good an opportunity as any for a scene change, especially if we have a new joiner.

PS from now on I am picturing Serana with a slight French accent.
Sep 2, 2015 8:22 am
We'll wait a little bit until I've been able to work something out with spaceseeker, if people don't mind? Can just as easily declare you meet his PC at the next location, or have him appear at the bottom of the alley
Sep 2, 2015 9:21 am
Oh no problem. I just wasn't sure where we were planning to go next.
Sep 3, 2015 12:29 pm
What do I need to do in order to determine if he's who he says he is?

Also, I don't know if this is within my ability or not (although it seems like it would be, given enough time), but I'd like to do some kind of scan or something to see if I can determine if he has any specialized tech on him that would make him a threat.
Sep 3, 2015 1:46 pm
PM'd whipstache about this so this question is more for spaceseeker's benefit: I think Pudge would be able to detect the nature of the bag of tricks (and be suitably shocked and/or impressed) but would you disagree?
Sep 3, 2015 3:26 pm
Absolutely agree: he should be able to tell with his scanning. Upon careful inspection, I'm sure Pudge could tell Darghibous a lot he doesn't know about his own equipment!
Last edited September 3, 2015 3:27 pm
Sep 5, 2015 5:30 pm
Okay, if people want I can skip us ahead to investigating the Diamond Cavern, unless there's another location you'd rather visit?
Sep 5, 2015 6:01 pm
Seems good to me. How do we travel?
Sep 5, 2015 9:18 pm
Trudging on foot, or can we attempt some sort of Underground Contacts check to see if we can get a lift? Or could it be that there are still some crazy, daredevil cab drivers onworld despite the faction warfare?

Also, would it be possible for me to roll to see if Darghibous saw/overheard anything to do with the interaction between Garlen and his employer's contact, or was I not at the Diamond Cavern long enough to catch anything useful?
Sep 6, 2015 1:59 pm
I was thinking walking or using the automated subway (although it'll only be able to take you part way) but NPC cab drivers so desperate for fares that they still brave the streets sounds like something that should exist! If you want to call in a lift, that sounds like a viable use of Social and/or an associated Resource

And lets say that seeing/overhearing something pertinent is a DC15 FOC+Insight check. If you pass, Darghibous overheard something about a meeting between Garlen and a visitor, and knows exactly which security camera he should be checking at the club. Otherwise, you'll have to ask around when you get there...
Sep 7, 2015 1:54 pm
So could I roll WIL to harass some old Council contacts into sending us a lift?
Sep 7, 2015 2:39 pm
Hmm, sure, but if you're using your ex-Councillor background as a hook I'll say it can't also grant +1 WIL, so 1d20+3 at DC10.

REMINDER: using a Resource in that fashion is encouraged, but every time you do it I'm more likely to Compromise it
Sep 9, 2015 9:03 am
Anyway, onward to the Diamond Cavern! If anyone wants to announce/do anything prior to disembarking just say the word and I'll delete that area transition and repost it later
Sep 10, 2015 9:50 pm
I'd like to intimidate the mercs into backing off of the Arbiter. I think d20+8 for Will (4), social (1), and the harder they fall (2) b/c there are 3 of them, and my hunter rep resource (1)
Sep 11, 2015 8:41 am
Does this system have any kind of 'aid another' action? I can't beat Kenny's roll but surely I could give it a +2 somehow.
Sep 11, 2015 12:39 pm
That's pretty much what happens yes: you can grant him Advantage, meaning he can add +2 to one roll in his turn and keep it for future related rolls or spend it for +1d6.

And sure, roll 1d20+8: quick question for future ref, should I be rolling on PC's behalf in situations like this? I know different parties have different tastes: in this instance the game would move on quicker if I rolled it myself and made an IC update (i.e., we don't have to wait for me to reply to Kenny and for Kenny to get a chance to respond) but some have a preference for rolling every check themselves so that it's their luck, not the GM's
Sep 11, 2015 1:56 pm
Ha. You tell me! I have no idea what is considered standard in PBP. Now do I need to roll the 1d6 or can Kenny roll it himself? (And for record, I am happy for you to roll my dice when I'm not around to do it myself.)
Sep 11, 2015 5:47 pm
I'm fine with you doing the player checks. Hell, I feel like you're more likely to get the rolls right anyway. There have been times already that I've left off bonuses. :)
Sep 12, 2015 1:10 am
Sorry I've been out of pocket lately. Daughter's been sick. I'll try to post on the game thread sometime tomorrow.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.