The Old Guard OOC Thread

load previous
Sep 12, 2015 1:20 am
Go ahead and do the checks if it's something I ask about rather than just doing. It'll speed things up.
Sep 12, 2015 4:11 pm
Are you going to post IC Ed or are you waiting for whipstache?
Sep 12, 2015 6:09 pm
Sorry to hear about your daughter whipstache, hope you and her are doing okay. And yeah Albi I'll wait a little bit
Sep 14, 2015 2:50 pm
How does Psi communication work? I know I have no Psi rank but fluff wise I used to. Would Pudge be able to communicate with me/us telepathically?

Because we could plan what to do here. I think it makes sense for Serana to keep the barkeep distracted while Pudge hijacks the drone and uses it to... I don't know. Plug into the basement mainframe or something.
Sep 14, 2015 4:04 pm
Well, with the aforementioned music etc I'm sure you could pull together and have a whispered convo that no one else can overhear, but that's a good question all the same.

Maybe to have a party-wide telepathic conversation you/the psion have to part with 1HP, as if it was an Empower ability? Just so there's some sort of investment or cost, otherwise there'd be no reason not to use it constantly. And in turn removing that cost and/or greatly increasing broadcast range would be good fodder for a passive aspect ability, haha

But for parity I imagine Tech can allow for the same thing: that is, long range communication that eavesdroppers aren't made privy to
Sep 14, 2015 8:10 pm
Appropos of nothing, been working on a few bonus aspects for the party's consideration when it's time to level-up! The character names are just suggestions by the way: if you could think of good flavour for an aspect, it can be yours regardless of whose PC is listed next to it
Sep 16, 2015 3:03 pm
Somehow I miss this post. Over thinking tactical abilities is my raison d'etre.

Cleave is Wilhelm's better DPS or rather damage per round choice but Opportunist has excellent synergy with my Miring Field power.

Celerity is an interesting power but I think Block would better benefit the party and Demolish would better benefit me. Would be nice situational steroid, although annoyingly Smash only applies Knockdown for one round so I can't Smash > Demolish.

Both of Pudge's powers seem good. Especially for pisisng off bosses.

Darghibous's Blindside sounds ridiculously powerful but I'd have to suggest Captive Audience, if only so I can use Demolish on some unlucky Pinned enemies. I assume Pinned counts as immobile.

And the rest are ok but seem outclassed. Although I'm not 100 per cent sure what inspiration is as far as status effects go. Ridicule is a funny one though.
Sep 16, 2015 10:29 pm
how do enemies become priority?
Sep 17, 2015 7:32 am
It's something you can force by spending a minor action and attempting a skill roll, just like trying to gain Advantage, but usually it's as a side effect of something risky they attempt (for example, most full actions apply Priority to the user unless otherwise stated) or it's been applied by one of the party's abilities
Sep 22, 2015 9:24 am
Ed. You sneaky.. can I overhear the woman talking about Graves-Burton?
Sep 22, 2015 2:23 pm
I imagine Darghibous is about to tell you! For the record you're welcome to roll +FOC +Insight any time to try and overhear things, but generally we can just assume that you'll end up sharing information when you get the chance to compare notes
Oct 2, 2015 10:47 am
Should I just bust through the elevator/the trap door? I honestly wonder if a smash, grab, run on the mainframe is an option.
Oct 2, 2015 7:53 pm
not if we want to plug in and watch what's happening in the council meeting.
Oct 4, 2015 3:16 pm
Maybe not if we wanted to watch it live, but would it be recorded -- We could make off with it afterwards?
Oct 4, 2015 3:22 pm
Not a bad idea.

Although, thinking as a character who would prefer to avoid conflict, I'm not sure how that plays out given we are in the mercs base of operations.

We might also be able to create a huge distraction, get everyone moving around, and head downstairs unnoticed in the midst of the chaos...? What do you think? Hopefully that would keep Pudge from getting shot.
Oct 4, 2015 4:00 pm
A distraction is a good idea. A couple of us could fake a fight while the others go down? I was going to say we could fake a fire alarm, but then I realised that would just lead to the meeting being cancelled or postponed.
Oct 11, 2015 12:26 pm
Ed, thoughts on the mechanics of hijacking the droid? Is it something I can do remotely?

I'd like to try to hack the droid, send it down to the mainframe and try to use it to gain access. Help me out here.
Oct 11, 2015 3:14 pm
Doing it remotely sounds like a reasonable use of the Tech talent, yeah. Let's say a single check, DC14 (Tech + KNO) to hijack the drone via wireless transmission and to have it interface with the mainframe. If you roll under, you still succeed, but you realise you've triggered some kind of alarm and have mere minutes before your incursion is detected.
Oct 17, 2015 5:00 pm
Two things. I think I might retcon Serana and say she has little or no psi power left. Maybe refluff her Miring Field as something intimidating, if thats allowed?

Also, is there a hunter organisation for Wilhelm in the same way there's the Merc League for mercenaries? I just have an idea for how to tie all this into my char's backstory you see.
Oct 18, 2015 4:56 am
I don't think there is an organization of hunters. Wilhelm basically just collects bounties on witches from the Council because he's built up a reputation worthy of being on their radar and so they work with him.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.