The Old Guard OOC Thread

load previous
Dec 6, 2016 2:32 am
they have to succeed on a KNO check, then spend a turn repairing it.
Dec 7, 2016 2:15 am
I don't know if I posted these before (I think I did?) but talking about the aspects reminded me. On these KNO is referred to as MND which is... well, not necessarily a change that'll be made, but it was what I was thinking at the time.

Note that those additional effects on aspects aren't set in stone, it was just an idea I had so that every aspect has a passive effect and a spend effect (or a HP and EP effect in the case of Empower abilities). It means that not spending an encounter power has some sort of benefit too!

http://i.imgur.com/Y7ecaBy.png
Dec 7, 2016 2:24 pm
Well it must be old because my avatar isn't in it :P

Considering I haven't used my HP ability ever can I ask- what is priority anyway. I'm thinking it might be useful to stick it on one of the enemy squads next turn.
Dec 7, 2016 8:24 pm
Priority is a negative status effect that's spent to power certain special attacks. If an NPC has Priority, any PC interacting with them can add +2 to one roll per turn, be that an attack or some kind of defensive save. It's basically a generic debuff that can be used to represent various different things

In turn if a PC has Priority, enemies will (appropriately enough) prioritise attacking them over anyone else.
Dec 19, 2016 1:39 pm
I'm only playing here so I won't bother with the absences thread but I'm likely to not be around for the rest of December and possibly good part of January. Christmas, yknow!
Dec 20, 2016 2:33 pm
can willy get to the other squad in a single turn and attack?
Dec 21, 2016 7:10 am
He'd have to spend 1 Hit Point in order to move the additional tile, but yeah, he can reach them and attack in one turn.

In hindsight I should have really made a "Charge" aspect for PCs. Or perhaps it should be some sort of free ability made available at a certain rank of Melee, hmm.
Dec 21, 2016 7:32 pm
So if I'm reading the image right does that mean my sunder abspect has encounter power component now? Because I'm thinking like to spend that power so everyone can damage the major litle easier.

(sorry on phone)
Dec 21, 2016 10:11 pm
If you want to go with that, sure. Remember that those were just suggestions so you're welcome to come up with your own tweaks to the aspects.
Jan 1, 2017 5:02 pm
And I'm back. Happy New Year!
Jan 17, 2017 11:40 am
So I had a thought: instead of having Reave and Lyra as GMPCs like in the last battle I could let the PCs control them. That is, instead of getting their own turn separate from the party, Reave and Lyra team up with a given PC and grant them bonuses: almost like Resources, if you will. And the tram could be similar, meaning that every player gets to pick some kind of bonus for the finale. You have to move and act with these allies however, you can't send them off to do something by themselves.
[ +- ] Reave
[ +- ] Lyra
[ +- ] The Tram
What do people think?
Jan 17, 2017 1:35 pm
That seems like a super cool idea. I'm definitely down.
Jan 17, 2017 1:39 pm
Hm. Who are we thinking gets what? Seems obvious Pudge should be the tram driver but I'm not sure about the others. I guess Serana wouldn't really be penalised by Reave's mobility penalty but TBH any of us would benefit from those buffs.

Serana does want to find out what the hell is going on before she stabs people, of course.
Jan 17, 2017 8:10 pm
Wilhelm already spotted the snipers correct? He's going to start moving around to take them out pretty soon. He doesn't appreciate having guns pointed at him. Lyra would work great for what he's doing if Serana wants Reave.
Last edited January 17, 2017 8:11 pm
Jan 17, 2017 8:23 pm
Yeah, Wilhelm knows there're enemies on the grey walkway directly adjacent to the tram's tile.
Jan 18, 2017 1:11 am
Let's go with Serana/Reave and Wilhelm/Lyra then. In meantme I'm going to try to talk to my sister but Serana's not one for going easy.
Jan 31, 2017 1:33 am
Wilhelm's natural reaction is to keep going, but I don't want to screw up another character's go at diplomacy. He'll probably hold in cover for a second.
Feb 5, 2017 1:01 pm
Alright this is my PC's sister and all but I don't want to dominate the endgame... what do people want to do?

I'm torn. In-character there's no way Serana will let her fire that cannon even if it means fighting her own sister. She'd definitely try to talk her down before anything else but we've been trying that for a while and there's no guarantee it'll work out in the end. And if it doesn't we squandered the opening round bonus.
Feb 5, 2017 1:11 pm
Pudge is likely to make the decision for the group at this point. Her bringing up Pudge's dad was the wrong play if she wanted to avoid conflict. He's going to try to hack the startup sequence. And, since he's pissed, he probably wouldn't think to warn y'all. 😁
Last edited February 5, 2017 1:11 pm
Feb 5, 2017 4:22 pm
Oh believe me, Wilhelm is beyond pissed that she brought up Erdain.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.