Chapter 1: Stolen Goods

Jul 24, 2018 4:15 pm
You enter the shop of the smith and see that the shelves and racks are much more bare than usual. The shop's attendant, an annoyed-looking woman with slightly graying brown hair, is walking around the place with a piece of parchment, inspecting what is on the shelves and occasionally taking notes or scratching something out. You can hear hammering from the back, where the smith's forge is located, punctuated by the sound of loud cursing.

It takes a moment for the woman to notice you. When she does, the annoyed look only partially leaves her face as she turns to greet you, "Welcome to Vard's Armory, what can I do for you today?"
Jul 24, 2018 4:56 pm
Krogir-Vaam squints at the woman, his face a strange expression as though he is trying to make sense of... everything. "Need this," he finally says, pulling at the gaping tear in his hide armor.
Jul 24, 2018 5:24 pm
"You... need your armor patched?" the woman asks, confused, "Seems like a seamstress would be better for that."
Jul 24, 2018 5:31 pm
"Need more. Better," says the goliath. He points at the shelves, oddly at a dagger. "Harder."
Jul 24, 2018 7:07 pm
"Don't ya understand Common, lady? He's looking for a new set of armour. Chainmail, triple extra large."
Jul 24, 2018 7:50 pm
The woman sits in confusion for a second until Seraphina speaks up, "Oh! You need better armor!" she says, then her expression turns dour, "Well, I'm afraid we don't have any for you. Just last night, there was a break-in. They cleaned us up pretty good, too. Took some of our best work."

She looks slightly sad and mutters under her breath, "I hope they bring it back safe and sound..."
Jul 24, 2018 8:14 pm
Krogir-Vaam nods, almost exaggeratedly in understanding.

"I get it," he says, turning to Seraphina. "You told me about this, yeah? She's playing game. Wants to make things not-cheap 'cause they have nothing."

The goliath returns his attention to the dour woman. "Now you s'posed to tell me you want more coin, but you still give me metal, yeah? Fine, how much?"
Jul 24, 2018 11:28 pm
Seraphina opens her mouth to clarify the situation for KV but the promise of a bargain makes her think twice. Maybe he's right! She turns to the lady, looking expectantly at her.
Jul 25, 2018 1:43 am
The woman looks at Krogir-Vaam, her mouth slightly agape before anger takes the place of confusion, "I'm not trying to get more money, our stock was stolen! The Bailey boys stole them, I'm thinking. Their baby sister was taken and they've been talking about going to see if they can rescue her."
Jul 25, 2018 5:51 am
"And how much did you say the reward is for returning the merchandise was?"
Jul 26, 2018 2:13 pm
The woman winces, "To be honest, we don't have much coin to spare at the moment, but I'm sure we could work out some discounts if you're able to get our goods back. How does that sound?"
Jul 26, 2018 3:48 pm
Krogir-Vaam interrupts the negotiations. "I thought you had armor, but they stealing sisters? We in the wrong store."
Jul 26, 2018 8:37 pm
Thinking about KV's comment makes Seraphina suddenly realize the gravity of what the smith had said. With anger in her voice, she says:

"Wait. Did you just say somebody stole their sister?"
Jul 27, 2018 3:57 pm
Feldty scratches his nose but looks startled at the mention of purloined siblings. It seems that way! We've a bit of a conundrum now, don't we? Is it still a crime to steal that which is required to do good? Either way, it seems the best way to right both wrongs is to help these Bailey boys recover their sister that they may return the goods.
Jul 27, 2018 7:02 pm
"Yes, their sister was kidnapped," she says sadly, "Two nights ago, it was. They live just outside town and when they woke up, their sister was gone. All that they found was some footprints heading toward the mountains."
Jul 27, 2018 7:43 pm
"So we find the brothers, and we get the armor," says Krogir-Vaam. "Do I pay them, or you?"
Jul 27, 2018 10:43 pm
Seraphina is already out the door, asking on her way for directions to the Bailey Boys' house.
Aug 3, 2018 1:18 am
Englefeldt follows along dutifully.
Aug 7, 2018 2:58 pm
The home of the Bailey's is a modest dwelling; plenty for the four children and their parents, but nothing too fancy. Through the open window, you see Mrs. Bailey tidying up the home. Mr. Bailey is nowhere to be seen.
Aug 7, 2018 3:17 pm
Seraphina strides up the front steps full of fire and then waits impatiently for KV and Englefeldt because she can't reach the door knocker.
load next

Thread locked