Chapter 1: Stolen Goods

Jul 24, 2018 4:15 pm
You enter the shop of the smith and see that the shelves and racks are much more bare than usual. The shop's attendant, an annoyed-looking woman with slightly graying brown hair, is walking around the place with a piece of parchment, inspecting what is on the shelves and occasionally taking notes or scratching something out. You can hear hammering from the back, where the smith's forge is located, punctuated by the sound of loud cursing.

It takes a moment for the woman to notice you. When she does, the annoyed look only partially leaves her face as she turns to greet you, "Welcome to Vard's Armory, what can I do for you today?"
Jul 24, 2018 4:56 pm
Krogir-Vaam squints at the woman, his face a strange expression as though he is trying to make sense of... everything. "Need this," he finally says, pulling at the gaping tear in his hide armor.
Jul 24, 2018 5:24 pm
"You... need your armor patched?" the woman asks, confused, "Seems like a seamstress would be better for that."
Jul 24, 2018 5:31 pm
"Need more. Better," says the goliath. He points at the shelves, oddly at a dagger. "Harder."
Jul 24, 2018 7:07 pm
"Don't ya understand Common, lady? He's looking for a new set of armour. Chainmail, triple extra large."
Jul 24, 2018 7:50 pm
The woman sits in confusion for a second until Seraphina speaks up, "Oh! You need better armor!" she says, then her expression turns dour, "Well, I'm afraid we don't have any for you. Just last night, there was a break-in. They cleaned us up pretty good, too. Took some of our best work."

She looks slightly sad and mutters under her breath, "I hope they bring it back safe and sound..."
Jul 24, 2018 8:14 pm
Krogir-Vaam nods, almost exaggeratedly in understanding.

"I get it," he says, turning to Seraphina. "You told me about this, yeah? She's playing game. Wants to make things not-cheap 'cause they have nothing."

The goliath returns his attention to the dour woman. "Now you s'posed to tell me you want more coin, but you still give me metal, yeah? Fine, how much?"
Jul 24, 2018 11:28 pm
Seraphina opens her mouth to clarify the situation for KV but the promise of a bargain makes her think twice. Maybe he's right! She turns to the lady, looking expectantly at her.
Jul 25, 2018 1:43 am
The woman looks at Krogir-Vaam, her mouth slightly agape before anger takes the place of confusion, "I'm not trying to get more money, our stock was stolen! The Bailey boys stole them, I'm thinking. Their baby sister was taken and they've been talking about going to see if they can rescue her."
Jul 25, 2018 5:51 am
"And how much did you say the reward is for returning the merchandise was?"
Jul 26, 2018 2:13 pm
The woman winces, "To be honest, we don't have much coin to spare at the moment, but I'm sure we could work out some discounts if you're able to get our goods back. How does that sound?"
Jul 26, 2018 3:48 pm
Krogir-Vaam interrupts the negotiations. "I thought you had armor, but they stealing sisters? We in the wrong store."
Jul 26, 2018 8:37 pm
Thinking about KV's comment makes Seraphina suddenly realize the gravity of what the smith had said. With anger in her voice, she says:

"Wait. Did you just say somebody stole their sister?"
Jul 27, 2018 3:57 pm
Feldty scratches his nose but looks startled at the mention of purloined siblings. It seems that way! We've a bit of a conundrum now, don't we? Is it still a crime to steal that which is required to do good? Either way, it seems the best way to right both wrongs is to help these Bailey boys recover their sister that they may return the goods.
Jul 27, 2018 7:02 pm
"Yes, their sister was kidnapped," she says sadly, "Two nights ago, it was. They live just outside town and when they woke up, their sister was gone. All that they found was some footprints heading toward the mountains."
Jul 27, 2018 7:43 pm
"So we find the brothers, and we get the armor," says Krogir-Vaam. "Do I pay them, or you?"
Jul 27, 2018 10:43 pm
Seraphina is already out the door, asking on her way for directions to the Bailey Boys' house.
Aug 3, 2018 1:18 am
Englefeldt follows along dutifully.
Aug 7, 2018 2:58 pm
The home of the Bailey's is a modest dwelling; plenty for the four children and their parents, but nothing too fancy. Through the open window, you see Mrs. Bailey tidying up the home. Mr. Bailey is nowhere to be seen.
Aug 7, 2018 3:17 pm
Seraphina strides up the front steps full of fire and then waits impatiently for KV and Englefeldt because she can't reach the door knocker.
Aug 7, 2018 3:40 pm
Krogir-Vaam, following Seraphina like an obedient wolfhound, and without breaking stride he moves past the halfling and plants a boot into the door.

Rolls

Strength - (1d20+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Aug 7, 2018 5:50 pm
Englefeldt struggles to repress a smile at Seraphina's tiny indignation. He made a move to go to the door knocker, only to be surpassed by the skillfully booted KV.
Last edited August 7, 2018 5:50 pm
Aug 9, 2018 3:39 am
Krogir raises his booted foot and prepares to kick the door in. As his foot connects on the hinged side of the door, there's a dull thud, but no damage.

The woman inside stops moving and looks out the window, "Um... Is there something that I can help you with?"

Her brow is furrowed slightly and she looks suspicious of your motives.
Aug 9, 2018 6:48 am
"Can she help us?" Krogir-Vaam asks, turning to Seraphina.
Aug 9, 2018 3:11 pm
"Yes I can!" Seraphina proudly announces, nodding to KV for the excellent introduction.

"We understand that a person you love dearly has been STOLEN from you! Let's get cracking. This is Krogir-Vaam, the toughest Goliath in the wide circle of the world!"

Look tough! she mentally projects to Krogir-Vaam.

And this is Englefeldt Hartman. Yes, THE Englefeldt Hartman, the keeper of the Frosty Grip spell!

Look magical! she mentally projects to Englefeldt.

"And I am Seraphina Hollysharp, bane to slavers everywhere! Don't worry ma'am, we'll get your girl back..."

With her eyes full of murder, she finishes the sentence in the woman's mind:

... and make the PAY for what they have done!

Her face abruptly changes into a half-moon eyes smile as she extends her hand in partnership.

"And who might you be?"
OOC:
Apparently you can't use greater-than and less-than in a post! probably to do with html tags and whatnot. whoops, recreating it now. okay, done!
Last edited August 9, 2018 3:19 pm
Aug 9, 2018 4:07 pm
Krogir-Vaam blinks once. Usually when he's supposed to look tough, the person who is the looker is about to get squashed. He doesn't quite understand how the farm-woman is going to get him his armor if she's squashed, but Seraphina knows what she's doing. He unslings his maul and puffs out his chest, holding his breath to maintain the pose.
Aug 11, 2018 8:27 pm
Feldty smiles as Seraphina whispers into his mind. He quirks a smile across his face and snaps his fingers, sending a dizzying array of blue and white sparks into the air along with a light mist like ice in a warm room.

Casting prestidigitation.
12/12 HP | 10 AC
1st 2/2
Aug 14, 2018 11:13 pm
The woman's eyes turn sadder than anything you've ever seen when you mention her missing daughter, and she jumps in fear when her mind is spoken into and the large goliath draws his weapon.

Her mind finally seems to catch up to your words and a small glint of hope enters her eyes, "Get her back, you said?" she asks desperately, not answering the question of who she is, "You have a plan, then?"
Aug 15, 2018 12:24 am
"Find her," says Krogir-Vaam as an answer. "Get her back."
Aug 18, 2018 12:28 am
The woman gives Krogir-Vaam a skeptical look and turns to look once more at Seraphina, "Is your large friend... okay?" she asks, giving KV another odd look.
Aug 18, 2018 1:25 am
Krogir-Vaam nods. "I am in the pineapple of health," he says.
Aug 19, 2018 5:01 am
Seraphina watches KV's interactions with pride. He's come a long way since when they first met!

"Now, about that plan," she beings. "We need to know all the details about what happened, then we can get things moving. Can we come in?"

Seraphina is already past the door frame as she speaks the last sentence.
Aug 28, 2018 8:01 pm
The woman steps aside to let you all into her home. It's a small place consisting of a small dining area, a kitchen, several chairs, and just three other rooms off the main living space.

She has you sit down and then takes a seat herself, nervously drying her hands on a rag tucked into her apron, "Well..." she says, and then stops to take a deep breath before continuing, "A couple of nights ago, my daughter Briela was taken. She was safe when we put her to bed, but she was gone when we woke up in the morning. Fergus, my husband, and my boys tried to follow the trail, but they lost it in the foothills and had to turn back..."
Aug 30, 2018 3:07 am
"Always find it in the last place you look," says Krogir-Vaam. "Where would be the last place you leave a trail? That's where it is."
Aug 30, 2018 6:08 am
Seraphina will get the full rundown, including:

* Where they last had the slavers' trail
* Detailed description of Briela, including some piece of personal info that only her family would know.
* Information on the current whereabouts of her husband and sons, and whether not they intend to return that armour they 'borrowed' from the blacksmith. If they haven't done so, she will request to borrow it from them as well
* Regarding rewards, she insists on none. However, she lays claim to all salvage rights for the belongings of the slavers.
Sep 4, 2018 6:48 pm
Quote:
* Where they last had the slavers' trail
"It was out somewhere in the foothills," the woman, Delilah, says, "I wasn't there during the search. They wanted me to stay here in case anyone came across any information."
Quote:
* Detailed description of Briela, including some piece of personal info that only her family would know.
"Briela (Gabriela), is seven, with short brown hair, brown eyes, and missing her two front teeth," Delilah says, describing her daughter

"Personal information?" she asks, thinking deeply, "Ask her the story about how she lost her stuffed bear, Tigs. On our way back from the market one day, she dropper her bear from the front seat and climbed down to get it. She... got her arm stuck in the wagon wheel. By the time we got her out, we thought the arm was lost. Miraculously, a priest of Ilmater happened to wander by, a man named Father Tiberius healed her up in a moment and then went on his way. We never saw him again, but Briela hasn't ever forgotten him."
Quote:
* Information on the current whereabouts of her husband and sons, and whether not they intend to return that armour they 'borrowed' from the blacksmith. If they haven't done so, she will request to borrow it from them as well
Delilah blanches, "They stole armor from the smith? Sweet Helm protect them..." she whispers, shaking her head. You can see her hands have started shaking and she looks on the verge of tears, "I don't know where the trail was, but they headed to the field this morning. You may be able to pick up their trail from there. Please... please save my family..." she finishes in a whisper, voice cracking as she turns away.
Sep 4, 2018 7:05 pm
"Maybe the last field," Krogir-Vaam says to himself. "Which way is the last field?"
Sep 6, 2018 3:15 pm
We will do all we can! Point us to the fields and we shall get on it immediately! Feldty says, trying to not sound too excited at the prospect of adventure.
Sep 6, 2018 3:17 pm
Without any hesitation, realizing her family may be in danger, she gives you directions to the field.
OOC:
I'm going to need Perception and Survival checks to see if you can find the trail and also if you can follow it
Sep 6, 2018 4:04 pm
Feldty looks about.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+1)

(19) + 1 = 20

Survival - (1d20+1)

(14) + 1 = 15

Sep 6, 2018 4:13 pm
Krogir-Vaam shoulders his maul and follows the others, pointing out the obvious to their eyes. "Yep, lots of tracks," he says. "Got some big boots here, with some medium ones, and some little ones. They go right from the door out to town. Maybe three bears, walking backwards?"
OOC:
"Assisting" the roller to try and provide advantage.
Sep 7, 2018 12:57 pm
Seraphina hunts for the tracks with zeal.

"Three bears that got jumped by a pack of wolves,"
Last edited September 7, 2018 1:10 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(10) + 3 = 13

Survival - (1d20+3)

(13) + 3 = 16

Advantage dic if applicable - (1d20, 1d20)

1d20 : (14) = 14

1d20 : (4) = 4

Sep 11, 2018 5:40 pm
You don't have much difficulty picking up the trail after about 20 minutes of looking. You spot an older trail and then a fresh one, both heading toward the foothills.

Following the newer trail, it's quite clear that there are four man-sized creatures a few hours ahead (presumably the Bailey boys and their father).
OOC:
If you want to move quickly, you'll catch up faster, but you'll have disadvantage on your survival check to track them and might get lost. Otherwise, you'll catch up very slowly.
Sep 11, 2018 5:50 pm
"Wolves with boots," says Krogir-Vaam, pausing only slightly to assess the trail. "Nobody said they was werewolves."
OOC:
I'll assist again to either provide advantage, or to cancel out disadvantage if the party chooses to rush. KV's unspoken vote is to hurry up, but only because he's impatient.
Sep 14, 2018 3:44 am
"Worse than werewolves, I bet. Probably humans - no offence, Feldty."

"Let's keep moving! We ain't gonna catch 'em just standing around!"
OOC:
Unless Feldty wants to be the voice of reason and slow us down, Seraphina will want to charge ahead at full speed.
Last edited September 14, 2018 3:45 am
Sep 15, 2018 6:40 pm
OOC:
He is trying to find strange and weird magical things to occupy his time... voice of reason he ain't!
No offence taken Seraphina and right you are, let's get moving!
Sep 19, 2018 6:53 pm
Continuing to follow the trail, you move along swiftly for near to two hours. Eventually, as you see that the tracks are probably just minutes old, you hear shouting, screams, and metal clanging not too far ahead into the foothills.
Sep 19, 2018 7:07 pm
"I think they're breaking the armor," says Krogir-Vaam with a growl. "That's just not right!" He readies his maul and charges forward, eager to dispense justice upon those that would treat precious equipment that way.
Sep 19, 2018 10:35 pm
Seraphina furls her brow as she pulls out her sling and shield.

"You are absolutely correct, KV. Let's get dangerous!" she calls out, trying to keep up with the huge man despite her short legs.

"Feldty, get ready for some Frosty Gripping!"
Sep 20, 2018 1:03 am
Hah, always ready Seraphina!

12/12 HP | 10 AC
1st 2/2
Sep 25, 2018 3:38 pm
Rushing forward, you come over a hill to see four men in new-looking armor fighting a group of nine goblins. The men look awkward in their armor and are clear novices to combat. It's quite clear that they'll lose if left alone.
OOC:
The men are about 40 feet away, the goblins range from 45-60 feet away.
Sep 25, 2018 3:55 pm
Krogir-Vaam lifts his maul in a battle cry, then charges forward. He bounds from side to side, mindful of ranged attacks as he closes in.
OOC:
KV's getting into the thick of things, but he'll only move 30 feet and take the Dodge action.

I'll add an initiative roll if we're using them!
[ +- ] [url=https://gamersplane.com/characters/dnd5/7046/

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20-1)

(10) - 1 = 9

Sep 25, 2018 5:28 pm
Seraphina charges forward, adrenaline pumping.

Fucking goblins, almost as bad as slavers. Nine of them? This will be tough!

But something occurs to her though, as she sees the men struggle with the armour. She voices her doubts out loud: "Wait, are those the slavers or the missing kid's brothers?"

She yells out to the four men in the human tongue: "HEY! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?"

Then, to KV and Feldty, telepathically *** Kill the goblins first. ***

She will move her full 25 feet in a direction to line up a clear shot on a goblin within range of her sling (30 feet), preferably one that is closest to engaging with the humans.

Rolls

Sling attack on goblin - (1d20+3, 1d4+1)

1d20+3 : (8) + 3 = 11

1d4+1 : (3) + 1 = 4

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Sep 25, 2018 5:36 pm
OOC:
I'm going to give you guys a free round at this point before we jump into real initiative
Sep 27, 2018 2:00 am
Englefeldt nods as Seraphina's words flood his head. Watching her sling stone sail through the air, he raises a hand and clutches it tightly as his arcane words pour forth.

Casting chill touch. If it hits, it does necrotic damage and the target can't regain HP until the next turn.
12/12 HP | 10 AC
1st 2/2

Rolls

Chill Touch - (1d20+4, 1d8)

1d20+4 : (13) + 4 = 17

1d8 : (3) = 3

Sep 27, 2018 4:47 pm
Free Round: Party
Krogir-Vaam rushes forward to engage the enemy, but can't make it there just yet. He prepares himself to avoid any stray strikes.

Sera's sling bullet flies by the ear of one of the goblins, skipping across the scraggly grass beyond.

Englefeldt's frosty attack catches G3, draining the strength of the diminutive humanoid and causing it's knees to shake.
[ +- ] Enemies
OOC:
Another post resolving the attacks will come later!

Rolls

Enemy initiative (vs 10) - (1d20+3)

(9) + 3 = 12

Goblin Attack #1 - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (16) + 4 = 20

1d6+2 : (3) + 2 = 5

Goblin Attack #2 - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (18) + 4 = 22

1d6+2 : (1) + 2 = 3

Goblin Attack #3 - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (10) + 4 = 14

1d6+2 : (4) + 2 = 6

Goblin Attack #4 - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (2) + 4 = 6

Goblin Attack #5 - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (13) + 4 = 17

Goblin Attack #6 - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (7) + 4 = 11

Goblin Attack #7 - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (9) + 4 = 13

Goblin Attack #8 - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (8) + 4 = 12

Goblin Attack #9 - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (17) + 4 = 21

1d6+2 : (2) + 2 = 4

Sep 28, 2018 3:09 pm
Round One: Goblins
The goblins, so intent on the armored men, haven't noticed your approach yet and continue their attacks.

The armor seems to help the men, but they are still quickly being overwhelmed. One of them goes down and each of the others takes a nasty hit even through the armor that they are wearing.
[ +- ] Armored Men
[ +- ] Goblins
OOC:
KV is 10-15 ft away
Sera is 30 ft away
Feldty is 40 ft away

Armored men turn!

Rolls

Armored Man 1 - (1d20, 1d8)

1d20 : (19) = 19

1d8 : (3) = 3

Armored Man 2 - (1d20, 1d8)

1d20 : (16) = 16

1d8 : (4) = 4

Armored Man 3 - (1d20, 1d8)

1d20 : (5) = 5

1d8 : (1) = 1

Sep 28, 2018 3:12 pm
Round One: Armored Men
The armored men fight back, shouting loudly to "protect pa!" as they move to stand over the downed man. Two of the men score hits on the goblins, but none of them go down. It's not looking good for the men.
[ +- ] Armored Men
[ +- ] Goblins
OOC:
KV is 10-15 ft away
Sera is 30 ft away
Feldty is 40 ft away

Your turn!
Sep 28, 2018 7:07 pm
Krogir-Vaam curses in Giant, something about a pebble jammed up into an unmentionable body part, and leaps past the armored men to bring his maul crushing down upon the nearest goblin.
Last edited September 28, 2018 7:08 pm

Rolls

Fell-Handed Maul, Bludgeoning Damage - (1d20+4, 2d6+1)

1d20+4 : (11) + 4 = 15

2d6+1 : (43) + 1 = 8

Sep 29, 2018 12:33 am
Seraphina squints extra hard before she lets her stone fly.
OOC:
Targeting a wounded one if possible.

Rolls

Sling! - (1d20+3, 1d4+1)

1d20+3 : (17) + 3 = 20

1d4+1 : (1) + 1 = 2

Oct 1, 2018 1:05 pm
Feldty looks at the downed man and sees the pair that the armored men just hit. Two missiles towards the angriest looking one, and a single towards the other.

Casting magic missile. 2 for Goblin 5, 1 for goblin 6.
12/12 HP | 10 AC
1st 1/2

Rolls

Missiles for gobbo 5 - (2d4+2)

(14) + 2 = 7

Missile for gobbo 6 - (1d4+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Oct 5, 2018 1:32 am
Round One: Party
Krogir-Vaam rushes forward and raises his maul up and brings it straight down, crushing the goblin nearly flat.

Seraphina's sling bullet slams into G3's head, staggering, but not dropping, him

Englefeldt's missiles slam into the ranks of goblins, dropping two of them instantly.
[ +- ] Armored Men
[ +- ] Goblins
OOC:
KV is in melee
Sera is 30 ft away
Feldty is 40 ft away

Goblin turn!

Rolls

Goblin Attack 1 - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (1) + 4 = 5

1d6+2 : (6) + 2 = 8

Goblin Attack 2 - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (9) + 4 = 13

Goblin Attack 3 - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (19) + 4 = 23

1d6+2 : (6) + 2 = 8

Goblin Attack 4 - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (10) + 4 = 14

1d6+2 : (1) + 2 = 3

Goblin Attack 5 - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (11) + 4 = 15

Goblin Attack 6 - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (4) + 4 = 8

Oct 5, 2018 1:42 am
Round Two: Goblins
Goblins 1 and 3 turn their attention to the massive warrior who crushed poor Sprick into goo and begin slashing wildly at him. G3 scores a nasty hit across KV's forearm (13 vs AC. Damage: 5 slashing)

The rest of the goblins continue their attacks on the armored men. Only one of them scores a hit through the armor of man 3 (23 vs AC. Damage 8). He falls to the ground, unmoving.
[ +- ] Armored Men
[ +- ] Goblins
OOC:
KV is in melee
Sera is 30 ft away
Feldty is 40 ft away

Armored Men turn!

Rolls

Armored Man attack 1 - (1d20, 1d8)

1d20 : (19) = 19

1d8 : (7) = 7

Armored Man attack 2 - (1d20, 1d8)

1d20 : (20) = 20

1d8 : (5) = 5

Man 2 Crit - (1d8)

(5) = 5

Oct 5, 2018 1:44 am
Round Two: Armored Men
Taking full advantage of your sudden arrival, both of the armored men score vicious wounds on their foes, laying two of the goblins low.
[ +- ] Armored Men
[ +- ] Goblins
OOC:
KV is in melee
Sera is 30 ft away
Feldty is 40 ft away

Your turn!
Oct 5, 2018 5:46 am
Krogir-Vaam snarls as his own blood is drawn, swinging his maul horizontally at Goblin1 in retaliation. The goliath either mistakenly believes Goblin1 was the culprit, or he just doesn't care.

Rolls

Maul vs Goblin1, Bludgeoning Damage - (1d20+4, 2d6+1)

1d20+4 : (20) + 4 = 24

2d6+1 : (33) + 1 = 7

Critical damage for the fun of it - (2d6)

(11) = 2

Great Weapon Fighting reroll for the fun of it - (2d6)

(62) = 8

Oct 5, 2018 6:17 am
Seeing KV take that nasty hit sends her blood boiling. She pours every ounce of strength into her sling!
OOC:
Attacking goblin 3

Rolls

Sling! - (1d20+3, 1d4+1)

1d20+3 : (4) + 3 = 7

1d4+1 : (1) + 1 = 2

Oct 5, 2018 3:13 pm
Not eager for these creatures to remain alive any longer, Feldty chooses to loose another trio of magical bolts.

Casting magic missile. 1 for Goblin 3, 1 for goblin 4, and 1 for goblin 9.
12/12 HP | 10 AC
1st 0/2

Rolls

Magic Missile goblin 3 - (1d4+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

Magic Missile goblin 4 - (1d4+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Magic Missile goblin 9 - (1d4+1)

(1) + 1 = 2

Oct 5, 2018 3:19 pm
OOC:
Inspiration to Englefeldt. He's burning all of his power in an attempt to save these poor weaklings!
Round Two: Players
KV swings his maul once more, turning G1 into pulp. His blow, so powerful, continues on and crushes G3 as well. (Cleaving rules!)

Sera's sling bullet is aimed too low and strikes the ground, skipping past the combatants' feet.

Englefeldt fires another volley of missiles, striking down G4 and wounding G9.
[ +- ] Armored Men
[ +- ] Goblins
OOC:
Combat over!
Oct 5, 2018 3:24 pm
The goblin force nearly obliterated, the last remaining goblin turns to flee into the hills.

With two of their number wounded and on the ground, the armored men let the goblin go, turning their attention to their companions, trying to remove their armor to look at the wounds.

"Pa! No!" one of them says, crouching over the wounded form of the first man that fell.

"Hold on, Elmer," the other calls, bending low over the other fallen man.
Oct 5, 2018 4:13 pm
Watching the last goblin flee and mentally calculating the rate of speed required to catch up to it, Krogir-Vaam stands there impotently angry at the sudden lack of available targets. He turns as the men cry out over their fallen companions, and steps towards them to look over their shoulders at the condition of Pa and Elmer.

"Maybe they need some dirt rubbed in it?" offers the goliath, using the full extent of his medicinal knowledge.
Oct 5, 2018 5:16 pm
Seraphina runs after the fleeing goblin and fires a final stone before giving up, her legs not long enough to keep up. She screams halfling curses into the wind, lamenting her short legs and that wishing horrible death to the goblin that escaped alive. Disappointed with her contribution to the fight, she tries to make up for it with extra bluster.

She returns to the human family and sees if she can be of assistance.

Rolls

medicine check - (1d20+1)

(3) + 1 = 4

Oct 5, 2018 5:24 pm
Krogir-Vaam watches Seraphina's work and suggests, "Maybe different dirt?"
Oct 5, 2018 6:20 pm
Seraphina nods at KV's suggestion. I mean, maybe that's how humans work?

"Like salt, maybe? Hey Feldty, got any salt?"
Last edited October 5, 2018 6:21 pm
Oct 5, 2018 6:53 pm
I don't, but I do have some medical experience, plus this! he says, pulling out a kit with bandages and serums and such.

Stabilizing him without having to check using my Healer's Kit. 9/10 uses left. Medicine check in case you want it for something.
Last edited October 5, 2018 6:54 pm

Rolls

Medicine - (1d20+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

Oct 5, 2018 7:04 pm
Dramasailor says:
I don't, but I do have some medical experience, plus this! he says, pulling out a kit with bandages and serums and such.

Stabilizing him without having to check using my Healer's Kit. 9/10 uses left. Medicine check in case you want it for something.
OOC:
There are two downed men. Do you want to stabilize both with the kit?
Oct 5, 2018 7:22 pm
Once Pa is stabilized, Feldty turns to the other man and quickly bandages him.

8/10.

Len

Oct 5, 2018 10:17 pm
Seraphina watches as Feldty bandages the human up.

She whispers into KV's mind:

I don't think dirt fixes humans after all. He just used bandages!
Oct 5, 2018 10:22 pm
Krogir-Vaam watches impassively, head of his maul on the ground while he rests his hands upon the end of the grip. He just gives a small nod.
Oct 5, 2018 11:27 pm
When you approach, the men allow you space to work and smiles spread across their faces as they realize that their kin are going to be ok. Now that you have a moment, you see that one of the downed men (Pa) is older, with salt-and-pepper hair and a slight bald spot atop his head. The other men are all younger, with sandy brown hair and blue eyes. The oldest is probably only 17 years old, while the youngest is probably 14.

"Thank you!" the oldest says with a wide smile as he looks over his family, "I don't think we'd have survived that if you'd not come upon us."
Oct 6, 2018 12:07 am
Krogir-Vaam looks at the oldest, his eyes moving from the lad's face to the armor that's worn. The goliath reaches out to pull on the collar of the chest piece, seeing how well the armor fits.
Oct 6, 2018 12:15 am
On the eldest boy, the armor actually fits decently well. It's clear to see that he's well-muscled from the years of work on the farm. It's also clear that the others don't fit quite as well, and there's a lot of extra space within the armor.

The boy stands still, unsure of what he's supposed to do.
Oct 6, 2018 1:16 am
"Hey! Are you the Bailey Boys?"
Oct 9, 2018 2:08 am
The eldest nods his head, "I'm Xander Bailey. These are my brothers, Elmer and Vargas, and that's Pa. His name's Fergus. Who might you be?"
Oct 9, 2018 2:15 am
"You stole this armor," says Krogir-Vaam, letting go of the piece on Xander. "What do you have to say for yourselves?"
Oct 9, 2018 4:37 pm
Englefeldt. Feldty says, sitting down to breath a little heavily, having tapped into the deepest part of his magical stores.
Oct 9, 2018 10:33 pm
Seraphina is genuinely furious with these humans.

"Yeah!" she declares on the heels of KV's admonishment, not bothering to name herself.

"You took that from the armourer's shop in town! And you didn't even use 'em very well! It's like you've never been in a fight before! And now we had to come to your rescue when we're trying to rescue your children! And now my Wizard's wasted all his frosty missiles - " she reaches over and massage's Feldty's shoulders the way a boxing coach might energize their prize fighter - "And lookit KV's arm! That goes right to the bone!" She pats him on the kneecap since she can't reach his arm.

She pauses to take deep, measured breaths.

"So. You're gonna give the biggest suit of armour to KV. You're gonna take the rest of 'em back to the shop in town. Tell them you ran into Seraphina, and she set you straight. Don't leave that part out! I'll find out, you know I will. And then, you're gonna wait at home and stay outta trouble! What good is rescuing kids if they come home and their families got themselves chopped up into a goblin stew?"

"You just leave this rescuing business to us. We're professionals!"

She looks around to see if her message has sunk in.
Oct 9, 2018 11:17 pm
"Oh right," says Krogir-Vaam, looking up at the sky. "There's a missing sister."
Oct 10, 2018 12:43 am
Just as Xander is getting ready to answer KV, he's interrupted by Sera's tirade. The boys slowly seem to get smaller as they cower before the three foot powerhouse giving them a lecture. Once it's all over, they look ashamed of themselves.

They all look to Xander, even Pa, who's just begun to wake up. He nods, "Pa, can the big guy gave yer armor? I think they'll have better luck rescuin' Briela..."

Pa reluctantly agrees and, five minutes later, a suit of chain mail is handed over to KV to put on.
Oct 10, 2018 5:19 am
Krogir-Vaam tries the fit of the chain mail, before remembering to take off his hide armor first.

"It's heavy," says the goliath, grunting under the weight.
OOC:
KV's speed is reduced to 20!
Last edited October 10, 2018 5:21 am
Oct 10, 2018 10:55 pm
Once the Bailey Boys depart, Seraphina rolls up her sleeves and gets back to tracking the slavers.

"KV, you good enough to find the slavers' trail?" she says, gesturing to his wound. "We'll let Feldty recover his strength."
OOC:
Hoping for the aid action on a survival check!
Last edited October 10, 2018 10:57 pm

Rolls

Survival (aided?) - (1d20+3, 1d20+3)

1d20+3 : (12) + 3 = 15

1d20+3 : (9) + 3 = 12

Oct 10, 2018 11:00 pm
Krogir-Vaam nods and looks for an appropriate trail to follow.
OOC:
Lending the help action.

Len

Oct 11, 2018 12:16 am
OOC:
Oh, as it turns out I have advantage anyway because of humanoid favoured enemy, but I like the idea of the Krogir-Vaam & Seraphina team up.
Seraphina mentions to KV and Feldty "We should probably avoid fighting the slavers until we rest, but we can track them and keep a safe distance until we're ready to strike."

"But hey, I think we have to agree we're really starting to gel as a team! That was some awesome work against those goblins you guys! KV, you totally made that goblin's head explode! And Feldty, those frosty missiles were like *pew* *pew* *pew* ! Combined with my leadership, we can really go places! "
Oct 11, 2018 12:33 am
"Like where?" asks Krogir-Vaam as the group tries to pick up the trail.
Oct 15, 2018 8:27 pm
A few hours later, after following the goblin tracks, you come over a hill and spot a cave. It looks like whoever lives their tried to camouflage it, but didn't do a good job of it.
Oct 15, 2018 8:38 pm
"Do we knock? I don't see a door," says Krogir-Vaam, shouldering his maul as he stands tall and gazes upon the entrance to the cave.
Oct 15, 2018 10:57 pm
"Hey, thanks for asking first big guy! As much as I like the idea of kicking down the door and running them slavers through one by one, I think we should hold back. Or maybe one of us could sneak in there and check things out first."

"Hey Feldty, how ya doing there? You got back any of magic back yet? Maybe you could turn me into a mouse or something and I could sneak inside. But not a spider or a bug, that would be yech!"

"And hey, what do you guys think? I'm starting to think these goblins are the slavers, not Humans after all! Or maybe they just work for the humans. I mean, I don't think I see any human tracks..."
OOC:
Do I see any human tracks?
Last edited October 15, 2018 10:58 pm

Rolls

Survival check for human tracks - (1d20+3)

(12) + 3 = 15

Oct 15, 2018 11:14 pm
Sera sees some small booted tracks, which she recognizes as goblin tracks. Mixed among those are several large dog-like tracks. though they appear to bear the gait of a two-legged creature rather than a four-legged dog.
Oct 16, 2018 2:40 am
OOC:
How long have I been resting at this point while they hunted for stuff?
Oct 16, 2018 2:53 am
Dramasailor says:
OOC:
How long have I been resting at this point while they hunted for stuff?
OOC:
You could fit in a short rest if you'd like
Oct 16, 2018 3:26 am
OOC:
Short rest it is! One level 1 spell slot recovered!
I'm good Seraphina, a bit of magical power is coming back to me now. Not much, but enough to do some hurting if need be. he says, hopping up to his feet. I don't really have those kinds of abilities yet, but perhaps one day. But I am definitely ready to go with you wherever! he says, flipping through his book trying to find a spell to turn Seraphina into a smaller creature.
Oct 22, 2018 10:19 pm
"Now what?" asks Krogir-Vaam.
Oct 24, 2018 6:16 am
OOC:
Whoops, thought I had posted. I guess it didn't take.
Seraphina checks over her comrades. They are looking alright. Right? KV's gash has dried up, looks clean. Feldty's got some frost powers back. Why wait?

"We knock," Seraphina replies to KV, gesturing to his maul and grinning mischievously.
Oct 24, 2018 3:34 pm
OOC:
If we all gained the benefits of a short rest, I'd like to spend my HD.
Krogir-Vaam hefts his maul and strides purposefully towards the entrance to the cave.
Last edited October 24, 2018 3:36 pm

Rolls

Short Rest HD - (1d10+1)

(5) + 1 = 6

Oct 24, 2018 11:17 pm
Seraphina readies her shield and sling, picking up a few choice stones along the way.
Nov 1, 2018 3:48 pm
As he approaches the cave, Krogir-Vaam has a sudden burst of inspiration and remembers to check his surroundings.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+1)

(11) + 1 = 12

Nov 1, 2018 11:22 pm
As KV approaches the cave entrance, he sees plenty of footprints on the ground, most of them appear to be goblin-sized, but there are several that are quite a bit larger. Either a very large man or something else man-shaped.
Nov 4, 2018 6:48 am
"Nice work, KV," Seraphina commends. She whistles in awe. "Those are big tracks! Good thing you're here, KV. Maybe we shouldn't knock the door down after all, but go in stealthy-like."

She walks her fingers across her forearm in a tip-toe like fashion to demonstrate.

"Hey you guys! I'll go in first while you guys wait here. I'll take a look around and keep you two ... "

... in the loop! she finishes the sentence in their brains.

She opens the door and goes for a stealthy entrance

Rolls

stealth! - (1d20+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Nov 4, 2018 1:19 pm
Feldty lets Seraphina take point, not eager to find himself on the receiving end of a surprise whalloping from something large enough to leave those kinds of prints.
Nov 4, 2018 4:37 pm
Krogir-Vaam waits on one side of the cave entrance.
Nov 5, 2018 4:19 pm
Seraphina moves up to the entrance and pulls the clumsy camouflage away from the door and peers inside. She sees a chamber littered food and excrement, but it's currently unoccupied. At the back of the chamber is a wide tunnel leading deeper into the cave.
Nov 6, 2018 10:53 pm
All clear she projects.

She continues deeper into the cave, shield and shortsword drawn for close fighting.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+3)

(17) + 3 = 20

Perception - (1d20+3)

(18) + 3 = 21

Nov 6, 2018 11:05 pm
Krogir-Vaam detaches from his shadow and ducks through the doorway, following Seraphina.
Nov 7, 2018 2:26 am
As Sera moves through the tunnel, she hears what sounds like sobbing ahead, followed shortly by a very deep laugh and a guttural voice not too far ahead.
Nov 7, 2018 6:02 pm
OOC:
If KV hears it, too...
"Sounds like a bad joke," says Krogir-Vaam, moving with determination towards the noise. "I hate bad jokes."
Nov 8, 2018 7:29 am
Seraphina grips her sword so hard her knuckles turn white. Hearing the slaver torment that little girl is too fucking much for her to handle, sending her back in time to when she endured beatings in the slave pits.

KV, whatever is hurting that girl in there, we're going to kill it. Just like back in the pits. Come forward.

Feldty, get your biggest spell ready and get over here. We're killing this monster right now.

She switches to her sling. Once everyone is in position, she leads the charges in slings blazing! She fires as soon as she has a clear shot.
Nov 8, 2018 2:47 pm
Turning the bend in the tunnel, you see a large bugbear sitting on the ground. Next to him is a small, shaking figure on the ground in tattered clothing.
OOC:
Go ahead and roll initiative. If you match or beat the bugbear, you can go immediately!

Rolls

Bugbear Initiative! - (1d20+2)

(16) + 2 = 18

Nov 8, 2018 3:02 pm
"DIE, MONSTER, DIE!!!"

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(14) + 1 = 15

Nov 8, 2018 3:48 pm
Krogir-Vaam follows, maul at the ready.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20-1)

(9) - 1 = 8

Len

Nov 8, 2018 6:49 pm
OOC:
We're dead haha!
Nov 8, 2018 6:50 pm
lenpelletier says:
OOC:
We're dead haha!
OOC:
I plan on making you guys earn those sweet, sweet levels! Taking 'Trial by Fire' seriously, here!

Len

Nov 8, 2018 9:15 pm
OOC:
Love it. I like playing to my character's flaws, and if she survives she might grow.
Nov 9, 2018 2:53 pm
OOC:
Initiative?
Feldty nods, thinking on what spell he wants to use.

12/12 HP | 10 AC
1st 1/2
OOC:
Whelp. Feldty recognizes that he does, in fact, have toes.
Last edited November 9, 2018 2:53 pm

Rolls

Init - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Nov 9, 2018 3:34 pm
Round One: Bugbear
As KV rounds the corner, the bugbear looks over and smiles wickedly, "Ahh, fresh meat!" he says in a deep, growling voice. He grabs what looks like a huge butcher's cleaver and moves up to KV and takes a swing.

Initiative Order
Bugbear
Seraphina, Krogir-Vaam, Englefeldt
OOC:
Your turns!

Rolls

Cleaver attack - (1d20+5, 2d12+3)

1d20+5 : (8) + 5 = 13

2d12+3 : (108) + 3 = 21

Nov 9, 2018 4:21 pm
Seraphina runs over to the girl and interposes herself between her and the monster.

"Your Mama sent us her to save you! WE WILL NOT FAIL! "

Although her hands are shaking with rage, she loads up a stone and lets it fly. She lets out a surprised cheer when it actually hits the monster.
OOC:
Oh God, the Butcher! So, we have to run around the crypts a lot and guzzle a dozen health pots. I wish we had a TP open...
Last edited November 9, 2018 4:22 pm

Rolls

NNNNNNGGGHHHHHHH! - (1d20+4, 1d4+1)

1d20+4 : (14) + 4 = 18

1d4+1 : (2) + 1 = 3

Nov 9, 2018 4:29 pm
Feldty feels an icy blast start to form in his hand, but the proximity of his friends causes him to rethink slightly before reaching out and having another three flickering missiles streak out from his hands, slamming into the creature unerringly.

Casting magic missile. All on the bugbear.
12/12 HP | 10 AC
1st 0/2

Rolls

Magic Missile - (3d4+3)

(122) + 3 = 8

Nov 9, 2018 4:44 pm
"I don't get it!" says Krogir-Vaam, chastising the bugbear's poor comedic skills. In retaliation, he swings his maul for the bugbear's ribs.

Rolls

Maul, Bludgeoning Damage - (1d20+4, 2d6+1)

1d20+4 : (2) + 4 = 6

2d6+1 : (31) + 1 = 5

Nov 9, 2018 7:21 pm
Round One: Players
Sera places herself between the young girl and the monstrous 'bugbear' (for you now suspect it may not be what it appears) and launches a stone from her sling which slams into the side of the creature's head. It draws blood, but doesn't seem to do much real damage.

Englefeldt's magic missiles strike the creature, causing what looked to be a wince of pain cross its face.

KV's maul swings in hard, but the creature uses its bare hand to push the weapon aside.

Initiative Order
Bugbear (11 damage)
Nov 9, 2018 7:22 pm
Round Two: Bugbear
The 'bugbear' growls, eyes glowing briefly red, before it swings once more at KV. Its cleaver is buried right in KV's chest (Critical Hit. Damage: 19)

Initiative Order
Bugbear (11 damage)
OOC:
Your turn!

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+5, 2d12+3)

1d20+5 : (20) + 5 = 25

2d12+3 : (12) + 3 = 6

Crit Damage - (2d12)

(76) = 13

Nov 9, 2018 7:46 pm
"KV!"

Watching her giant friend get impaled that way sends shockwaves through Seraphina. Her sling falls to the ground as her knees weaken and her stomach feels the urge to vomit. But in that moment of weakness, she reaches down into her soul and draws upon her hatred to keep herself standing.

Shrieking like a banshee, she charges at the Bugbear with her shortsword drawn, hack and slashing at with wild abandon.
OOC:
HP: 18/18
AC: 16
Last edited November 9, 2018 7:49 pm

Rolls

ATTACK! - (1d20+3, 1d6+1)

1d20+3 : (19) + 3 = 22

1d6+1 : (4) + 1 = 5

Nov 10, 2018 1:34 am
Krogir-Vaam summons the strength of the rock and stone as the cleaver sinks deep into his body. In retaliation, he swings his maul once more, this time for the bugbear's head.
OOC:
Should be 12 bludgeoning damage after rerolls
Last edited November 10, 2018 1:37 am

Rolls

Reaction: Stone's Endurance to reduce damage - (1d12+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Action: Maul, Bludgeoning Damage - (1d20+4, 2d6+1)

1d20+4 : (20) + 4 = 24

2d6+1 : (23) + 1 = 6

Great Weapon Fighting reroll - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Critical Hit - (2d6)

(24) = 6

Great Weapon Fighting reroll - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Bonus Action: Second Wind HP - (1d10+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

Nov 13, 2018 12:27 am
OOC:
Bump for Englefeldt!
Nov 13, 2018 1:26 am
OOC:
D'oh! Thought I replied already.
Englefeldt's eyes glimmer with a pale blue light as he raises one hand up in a gripping claw, sending a swirling misty hand around the creature.

Casting chill touch on the Bugbear. If it hits, it cannot regain HP until my next turn.
12/12 HP | 10 AC
1st 0/2

Rolls

Chill Touch (Necrotic) - (1d20+4, 1d8)

1d20+4 : (8) + 4 = 12

1d8 : (6) = 6

Nov 13, 2018 8:29 pm
Round Two
Seraphina's sword slashes into the thigh of the creature, taking a little chunk of its leg away.

KV's maul slams into the side of the bugbear's head with a sickening crack. The monster wobbles on its feet before dropping to the ground.

Initiative Order
Bugbear (28 damage)
Nov 13, 2018 11:53 pm
"DIE DIE DIE!"

Seraphina is straddled on the wretched thing, stabbing it repeatedly.
OOC:
7 or zero damage depending on whether it was prone.
Last edited November 13, 2018 11:54 pm

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+3, 1d6+1)

1d20+3 : (6) + 3 = 9

1d6+1 : (1) + 1 = 2

Advantage prone? - (1d20+3)

(20) + 3 = 23

Crit? - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Nov 14, 2018 12:01 am
OOC:
Is it our turn, or is combat over?
Nov 14, 2018 12:02 am
As Sera hacks at the horrible beast, the little girl crawls around the edge of the room and tries to slip past KV and Englefeldt, obviously terrified of what's going on.
Nov 14, 2018 12:02 am
OOC:
Combat is over
Nov 14, 2018 12:19 am
Krogir-Vaam makes no move to stop the girl, but he does say, "Briela?"
Nov 14, 2018 12:22 am
When the name is spoken, the little girl stops and glances up at KV, "H-How do y-you know my n-ame?" she asks, voice shaking.
Nov 14, 2018 12:39 am
"No idea," says Krogir-Vaam, planting the head of his maul on the ground at rest. "You look like a Briela."
Nov 14, 2018 4:02 am
Content that the creature is dead, Seraphina drops her sword and rolls off of the Bugbear's body. She lies on the cool stone ground facing the black stone ceiling, breathing hard and dripping sweat.

She hears KV calling out to Briela, reminding her of long ago how the giant man made her feel safe, how she cried herself to sleep in his arms.

She feels the urge to cry now, but there's no sense to it. She had decided she was done crying. She rolls into her knees, picks up her sword and sling, and listens with gratitude as KV comforts Briela with his simple ways.
Last edited November 14, 2018 4:03 am
Nov 15, 2018 10:03 pm
Briela looks at KV and releases a radiant smile, "You think so? That's what my daddy always tells me!"
Nov 15, 2018 10:16 pm
"He's Pa, ain't he? Looks like a Pa," Krogir-Vaam continues. "Anyway, I think we was supposed to find you?"

The goliath thinks about it. "Do we tag you now, or later?"
Nov 23, 2018 4:26 pm
"You saw my pa?" Briela asks, eyes wide, "Where's he at? Is everyone ok?"
Nov 25, 2018 3:07 pm
OOC:
What's the temperature like in here? Does Briela look dirty? I'd like to use Prestidigitation to make her feel better in some fashion, just need to know what it is. :)
Nov 26, 2018 7:35 pm
OOC:
The temperature isn't too cold, though it is slightly chilly, but she looks absolutely filthy and she isn't wearing any shoes.
After a few quick spells, Briela is cleaned up and looks much better, "Hey, thanks mister!" she says, before turning back, "Is my daddy ok?"
Nov 27, 2018 4:00 am
"Yeah, your Daddy's okay kid. Him and your brothers were out searching for you. He helped us find you. You want to go back to your home now?"
Nov 29, 2018 2:34 am
Briela nods her head, "Yes, please."
Nov 29, 2018 3:32 am
Seraphina gives the kid a smile as they exit the cave.

"You want KV to give you a ride? The world looks different from way up there. Safer."
OOC:
Let's head back and get this girl back to her family!
Nov 29, 2018 7:05 am
Krogir-Vaam grunts as the child finds purchase upon his shoulders (assuming Briela accepts the offer). While the heavy armor slows his pace, the additional weight is not an inconvenience for the goliath's large build.
Nov 30, 2018 2:07 am
Briela is more than happy to climb onto Krogir-Vaam's shoulder, "Thanks, mister!" she says as you begin the trek back to town.

It is late evening by the time you get back into town and Briela is in much better spirits, spending her time chatting away in KV's ear as only a young girl can.
OOC:
You can advance to level 2!
Nov 30, 2018 4:51 am
OOC:
Did anybody search the bugbear's room?
Krogir-Vaam responds appropriately to Briela's stories, pausing on occasion to ask a clarifying question such as, "But how does Elmer do his chores if he spends all day behind the shed? Don' make sense."
Nov 30, 2018 7:07 am
OOC:
We have INTs of 7 and 8 respectively, so I'm not surprised we failed to search! Maybe Feldty will remember to search before we leave :)

Leveled Seraphina up to 2. +1 DEX brings her to 14, +6 HP, archery fighting style, cure wounds and hunter's mark plus 2 spell slots.
Nov 30, 2018 1:46 pm
OOC:
It's fair to say that Feldty would have investigated a bit. Never know when special fun magic words will show up!
Dec 6, 2018 1:52 am
OOC:
Searching the cave, you found:

A +1 sling with the name "David" on the outside of it
A potion of Fire Breath
A signet ring
[ +- ] Signet Ring
Dec 6, 2018 1:53 am
"Elmer never does his chores!" Briela says with a laugh, "At least not until pa finds him and hits him with the belt!"
Dec 7, 2018 1:23 am
Krogir-Vaam continues to be a riding horse, carrying Briela all the way home.
Dec 7, 2018 2:55 am
So we found some interesting things on that lot. Feldty says as they head towards the farm. Seraphina, this sling seems like it may be really really good. Just look at the stitching on it! Simply beautiful. he intones as he hands the +1 sling to the small face of their group. And KV, I think this ring would look really good on you. Something about the strong fist just doesn't seem my kind of attire, you know? But this potion I wanna study some more. See if I can figure out exactly how it was made.
Dec 7, 2018 3:27 am
"Ooo, explody-fist," says Krogir-Vaam, trying on the ring. To test it out, he gives both Seraphina and Briela the cool fist-bumps with the exploding fingers.
Dec 9, 2018 5:10 pm
"Wow ... Thank you!" Seraphina fawns over the stitching, the feel of the strap in her palm, the smell of the leather cord. Most humans she knew would have pocketed that and sold it for their own personal profit. But Feldty had given it to her freely.

I guess humans are people too.

She played "betcha can't hit that" with Briela all the way back to the farm.
Dec 10, 2018 8:10 pm
"Nice sling," says Krogir-Vaam, showing his appreciation with another exploding fist-bump.
Dec 10, 2018 10:43 pm
Seraphina accompanies KV's fist bump with explosion sound effects.

"What does your ring do, KV? I've heard tales of magic rings that give their wearer all sorts of powers! Can you, like, turn invisible? Or what?"
Dec 10, 2018 10:45 pm
Krogir-Vaam shrugs. "Don't know. Feldty said something, but I stopped listening. Explody-fist bumps seem extra 'splody, though."
Dec 11, 2018 12:29 am
Seraphina considers that for a moment. The ring does look totally badass just the way it is, and she had been enjoying the 'splody fist bumps. But, she had heard tales of wildly powerful magic rings and wasn't about to give up on the hope that this was one of them.

"Feldty! Come on over here! What's this 'splody ring do again?"
Dec 11, 2018 1:29 am
Oh! Right. Well. If you think really hard, about the same.amount of time it takes you to figure out where to hit someone, the ring should keep you from being scared and may even make you feel a tiny little bit healthier than normal, at least for a little bit. he says, trying to explain what he understands of the ring.
Dec 11, 2018 3:29 pm
"So..." begins Krogir-Vaam, parsing the words, "... I hit you, and I don't get scared? And maybe I lose a tummy-ache?"
Dec 11, 2018 3:40 pm
Kind of, yeah. Even if something is using magic to try and make you afraid, it won't work. And don't think of it so much like a tummy-ache, but more like someone could stab you under your armor with a little knife once and you wouldn't even really notice it! Really it's pretty cool. You just have to think hard on it for a few seconds in order for it to work. Feldty says, trying an approach that may make more sense.
OOC:
Describing temporary hit points in non-meta terms is definitely an interesting challenge!
Dec 11, 2018 3:56 pm
Krogir-Vaam nods in understanding. "But I gotta punch you first? Seems reasonable."
Dec 11, 2018 4:07 pm
Perhaps not punching me first. Try it punching the bad people first. Feldty says, trying to imagine the image of KV gut punching him in order to make the bigger man feel healthier. It almost was enough to make him laugh out loud.
Dec 11, 2018 4:13 pm
"Well that's a waste," says the goliath, continuing on the journey to return Briela home. "I mean, it ain't like I can get the bad folk to sit still for a sec."
Dec 12, 2018 4:50 pm
Briela seems to really enjoy listening to the interplay among the party and spends a lot of time on KV's shoulder laughing hysterically. When you finally reach her home, her parents and brothers are all waiting outside. When they spot you, the all jump to their feet and rush over. Briela's father takes her from KV and holds her tight.

The whole family has tears running down their faces by the end of the reunion and you are thanked for your help over and over again.
Dec 12, 2018 5:24 pm
"You welcome, you welcome," says Krogir-Vaam in response to every gesture of gratitude. To the eldest boy, KV places a fist on the man's chest and adds, "Honor in battle. No stealin'."
Dec 13, 2018 7:20 am
"Yep, yep, no worries. Now, it's important you spread the word about this good deed. See, we're trying to move up in the ranks of the adventurer's guild, and a little publicity sure would go a long way. Feel free to recommend us to your friends and family if they get into trouble too! You can find us at old Mr. Woodward's Farm, which we should probably rename - how does Seraphina Ranch sound? - because he's dead now. Oh don't worry, we killed him on purpose! Because he was monster, silly!"
Dec 13, 2018 4:46 pm
Pssh, Seraphina Ranch just doesn't have a ring to it. I was thinking something more like Monsterfall Manor! Englefeldt says happily as the family is reunited.
Dec 13, 2018 6:21 pm
"I think we have to go to the smithy now," says Krogir-Vaam, though he seems uncertain if that's truly their next destination.
Dec 24, 2018 3:16 pm
The oldest boy, Xander, nods solemnly, eyes cloudy with tears, as he waves goodbye to your group.
OOC:
You heading back to the smithy?
Dec 24, 2018 3:51 pm
Krogir-Vaam attempts to retrace their steps back to the smithy.

Rolls

Survival - (1d20+1)

(20) + 1 = 21

Dec 26, 2018 6:19 am
Seraphina happily follows after KV, her heart still warm from the teary reunion at the Bailey's home.

"Monsterfall Manor, that's brilliant Feldty!" she says finally, her mind having been working the title over this whole time.

"Now we just need to build a manor there. The old farmhouse'll do for now I suppose. But one day, guys! It'll be the biggest house in Teley! KV, hurry up let's get going to Vard's Armory. Remember, they were going to offer us discounts!" She says the word as if it were a sacred word, with much reverence. "I'll bet it's gonna be good because we already had discounts for being Ebongarde members."

"Oh hey, we should probably stop by Ebongarde's Tower too sometime. Gotta spread the word of our good deeds. Maybe Drek's got some more work for us."
Dec 26, 2018 1:50 pm
Feldty beams as Seraphina seems to like his suggestion for their stronghold's name. More work from Drek would be a good thing. Great way to build our legacy.
Dec 26, 2018 3:58 pm
"Thought we wanted to build a manor," Krogir-Vaam says idly, striding towards the smithy.
Jan 6, 2019 7:43 pm
Not build KV, rename. The old man's house where we killed that weird wolf-creature thingy. That place! Feldty says as they continue towards the smithy.
Jan 7, 2019 1:18 am
This brings the question, "Why's a barn gonna be named a legacy instead of building a manor?"
Jan 8, 2019 6:14 pm
Arriving at the smith's shop, the same woman is at the counter, doodling idly on the edge of a piece of parchment. As the bell rings when you open the door, she looks up and sees you lugging all of the armor in. Her mouth drops open, "You're back! And you brought our stock, too!" she exclaims, stepping out from behind the counter to approach you, "Was it the Baileys?"
Jan 8, 2019 6:38 pm
Aye it was them, but for good cause. I would caution being too harsh with them. Their kid was taken and they were desperate. We did get their child returned as well, safe and sound. Feldty says, voice as calm as possible.
Jan 8, 2019 8:49 pm
"I believe the discount has been earned. Tell us more!"
Jan 14, 2019 7:23 pm
"I suppose you have earned it," the woman says with a smile, "On top of the 10% you get for being part of the Ebongarde, you will also get an additional 20% off. How's that sound?"
Jan 14, 2019 7:44 pm
Krogir-Vaam nods. "That sounds good," he says, readily accepting the big numbers.
Jan 15, 2019 5:37 pm
It is very much appreciated! Feldty says excitedly.
Jan 16, 2019 12:53 am
"If we're talking lifetime discount, I'm in! "
Jan 16, 2019 1:01 am
Krogir-Vaam tilts his head. "Is that more than ten?" he asks, mentally calculating how much something would be with a lifetime off.
Jan 16, 2019 6:02 am
"No KV, it means we get the discount for as long as we live. Once we die, we have to pay full price again."
Jan 16, 2019 6:30 am
Krogir-Vaam nods. "Seems fair."
Jan 17, 2019 12:32 am
"To Ebongarde Tower next!"

Seraphina marches right over with a spring in her step.
Jan 17, 2019 12:44 am
"Wait, so how much is this?" Krogir-Vaam says, tugging on the collar of his chain mail.
Jan 17, 2019 7:31 pm
The woman thinks for a moment, "That'll be 52 gold pieces and 5 silver."
Jan 17, 2019 7:39 pm
Krogir-Vaam nods. "I'm s'posed to bargain now. How's about no silver, but I'll give you 55 gold?"
Jan 18, 2019 2:24 pm
Feldty drops his head to his hands and struggles to keep a laugh from erupting. Seraphina wait! We need to let KV the great negotiator bargain himself some armor.

He casts a glance at the woman and smiles, shaking his head slightly.
Jan 18, 2019 2:44 pm
The woman smiles, "How's about we make it an even 50? Ask the little one, it's a good deal." She appears to find KV's simple-mindedness charming.
Jan 18, 2019 4:38 pm
Krogir-Vaam puffs out his chest and says to Englefeldt, "You could learn something here, you know." Quickly turning to the armorer, KV adds, "Yep, deal. Pleasure doing business with you!"

The goliath begins the slow process of counting out each piece of coin, one by one. Aloud. He stumbles after 15 by skipping 16, but with minor corrections along the way he eventually gets to 50.
Jan 19, 2019 6:20 am
Seraphina gets as far as she could sling a rock before she realizes nobody's following her. She returns and pokes in her head inside.

"Hey slow pokes, let's go!"
Jan 19, 2019 7:40 am
"Yep! Just topping off this trans-action," says Krogir-Vaam, stretching the multiple syllabic words. He returns his coin pouch to its place at his belt, now significantly lighter. To the merchant, he says, "You can be sure I will reckon-mend this place to the Ebongarde. 5-star service, I will say."
Jan 30, 2019 4:53 pm
When you return to the Ebongarde tower, you find Drek sitting once more at his desk, scratching his beard. When you enter he looks up, "Fits ye much better than those old rags," he says to KV, nodding in approval, "What can I do for ye?"
Jan 30, 2019 6:30 pm
Krogir-Vaam screws his face inward in thought. "Um, what did we come here for?" he seems to ask himself. Lacking an answer, the goliath says, "The Bard's Arm-u-ary. Top notch service. Five star, be sure to tell your friends."
Jan 31, 2019 2:38 am
"And we came to tell you we finished another job!"

She recounts the details about latest mission, omitting no details (except those about her accuracy)
Jan 31, 2019 5:52 pm
Krogir-Vaam nods along.
Feb 13, 2019 7:30 pm
Drek smiles, "Excellent," he says, "What did ye do?"
Feb 14, 2019 12:35 am
Krogir-Vaam says, "Helped the Baileys. Their girl Briela was taken by goblins. Taught 'em what-for."
Feb 14, 2019 3:16 am
Indeed. KV did us all proud. Managed to rescue the Baileys and their girls without any of them succumbing to the horrors of those green skinned pests. Feldty says with a smile.
Feb 14, 2019 3:19 am
Seraphina interject whenever she can, hopping up from below the desk.

... And return fled that armor that they borrowed!

... Not to mention nipped a young slaver ring in the bud!

... Them goblins were lead by a bugbear, nasty one at that.

... Left his corpse to rot in his cave, we did!
Last edited February 14, 2019 3:20 am
Feb 15, 2019 3:12 pm
"Well, I'm glad ye were there to help," Drek says, "That bugbear I'm sure would've killed 'em all."
Feb 15, 2019 4:03 pm
"Alright! So, you gotta 'nother mission for us? We're on a roll here! "
Last edited February 15, 2019 4:04 pm
Feb 15, 2019 6:39 pm
"He kinda didn't look like a bugbear," Krogir-Vaam says to himself. "Eh, he's dead, though. So we can call him a bugbear and he can't argue."
Feb 15, 2019 7:00 pm
Seraphina thinks on that bit of wisdom. "Too bad you didn't think of that sooner KV, we could have called him a dragon and become famous!"
Feb 18, 2019 9:52 pm
Drek begins looking through some papers on his desk, "Lemme see here..." he mutters. After several moments, he pulls out a sheet of parchment and nods, "This looks about right," he says, "Been some mutilated cows out at some o' the farms to the east. I want ye to go check it out and see what's wrong."
Feb 19, 2019 1:54 am
Krogir-Vaam asks, "Didn't we already do that one? Thought it turned out the farmer was eating everything, including the farmer."
Feb 19, 2019 2:13 am
"Maybe Mr. Woodward rose from the grave?"
Feb 19, 2019 8:07 pm
"Well, fine, let me keep lookin' then if ye don't like that one!" he says, pushing that paper aside. He eventually pulls out another, "This one might be more to yer interest. Got reports of a 'two-headed' giant out near the mountains. Some hunters seen it a few weeks ago and again three days ago."
Feb 19, 2019 8:20 pm
OOC:
FYI, KV is okay with investigating the farm. He's just confused that this is a second job, since it sounds so similar to the first.
"Ooo, giant," says Krogir-Vaam. "What about it?"
Feb 19, 2019 8:25 pm
"We're on the case, Drek! Slaying a giant is just what our brand needs to make it to the next level. 'Bugbear Slayers' just doesn't sound as cool as 'Giant Slayers' you know what I mean? You do want this thing dead, right? What kinda proof you need? "
Feb 19, 2019 8:40 pm
"Usually a head is good proof... or maybe both in this case?" he says, slightly unsure, "Bah, just bring back what ye can!"
Feb 19, 2019 11:19 pm
"So ... what's the reward?"
Feb 21, 2019 6:29 pm
"A total of 300 pieces of gold," Drek says, "But that's only as long as the stories are true. If they're not totally right, then it'll be less."
Feb 21, 2019 6:33 pm
Krogir-Vaam perks up. "Oh, that's a lot of money. Which mountains do we find them hunters what seen giants?"
Feb 21, 2019 6:39 pm
Drek pulls out a map and points to the general area, "Should be right about here," he says, "If them hunters were reliable."
Feb 21, 2019 6:47 pm
The goliath nods. "These hunters have names?" asks Krogir-Vaam.
OOC:
That's all the questions KV has, and he's ready to head out!
Feb 21, 2019 6:48 pm
"Yeah, they're brothers. Sam and Dean Wandchester," he says, "They usually hunt out of their cabin here." he finishes, pointing to a spot on the map not far away from the place the giant was spotted.
Feb 22, 2019 2:42 am
Intrepid hunters? That are brothers? I wonder what other advice they'd have on hunting! My book would be so much better with more notes in it! he says holding up his spellbook.
OOC:
I snorted right out loud yes I did.
Feb 22, 2019 4:50 am
OOC:
Too good! Is this terrain foressted by any chance?
Last edited February 22, 2019 4:50 am
Feb 22, 2019 3:22 pm
lenpelletier says:
OOC:
Too good! Is this terrain foressted by any chance?
OOC:
It is now!

Len

Feb 22, 2019 5:30 pm
OOC:
What time is it? Should we take a long rest and start fresh the next day?
Feb 22, 2019 6:27 pm
I imagine it's probably getting a bit late
Feb 22, 2019 6:34 pm
OOC:
Let's get a fresh start on the new adventure.
Feb 22, 2019 8:43 pm
"Kay, we'll get to that in the morning. No use chasing giants at night. Hey, let's go back to our manor and have a well-deserved night's rest."

Seraphina will find a decent-sized cupboard and set up her bed roll in that. She will whisper good-night to both of her friends telepathically before nodding off.
Feb 22, 2019 9:00 pm
Krogir-Vaam sets up to watch over the area while the others sleep.
Feb 23, 2019 5:11 am
The night goes by and you all wake up feeling refreshed the following morning.
Feb 23, 2019 6:11 am
"Hey K-V!" Seraphina says with her mouth full of breakfast rations. "That was a great job you did of asking Drek questions last night. Got us some solid leads! I figure I can track that giant pretty well in the woods. I mean, how hard is it to track a giant? Their feet must leave huge footprints! Probably knocks down trees and stuff in its path."

"Feldty, you got any giant-slaying spells?"
Feb 23, 2019 6:38 am
"If they got two heads, are they twice as smart?" Krogir-Vaam wonders aloud.
Feb 23, 2019 6:26 pm
"Probably. And twice the eyes, noses and ears! I bet they can probably see twice as far, smell twice as strong, and hear twice as good too."
Feb 23, 2019 6:28 pm
Krogir-Vaam nods. "We'll have to be careful," he says, voice weighted by gravity.
Feb 23, 2019 6:29 pm
"So should we look for these hunters first? Their footprints are probably way smaller so no guarantees there... but somebody might know where to find them in town! What do you think K-V? Feldty?"
Last edited February 23, 2019 6:32 pm
Feb 24, 2019 6:12 am
Krogir-Vaam nods. "Sure. Maybe Drek knows where they are."
Feb 24, 2019 6:36 am
"Ugh, why didn't he tell us!" Seraphina marches up the hill to Ebonguarde Tower. She pokes her head in, and yells: "Hey Hammerfist! Where them Wandchester boys be at?"
Feb 25, 2019 3:45 pm
Drek looks extremely confused, "Uh..." he says, pointing back at where there cabin is on the map, "At their cabin. Right here. Like I said before."
Feb 25, 2019 11:42 pm
Seraphina squints at the map.

"That's a map? I thought it was a child's drawing! I'll draft ya up a better one, Drek."

Seraphina returns to the group and shares this new information with the group.

"It's this way! Follow me."

Rolls

Following the map to the cabin (survival adv. from favoured terrain) - (1d20+3, 1d20+3)

1d20+3 : (17) + 3 = 20

1d20+3 : (4) + 3 = 7

Feb 26, 2019 2:35 am
Feldty smiles at Seraphina's exuberance. Yes, let's go find the brothers Wandchester. See if they can point us towards this ugly giant.
Feb 26, 2019 8:32 pm
The cabin isn't hard to find, but it is a long way out from town and it takes you until nearly the evening to get there. It's a simple wooden building with one window on each side and a door facing the mountains.
Feb 26, 2019 8:46 pm
The goliath strides around the cabin, walking up to the threshold to thump his fist twice upon the door.
Feb 26, 2019 11:35 pm
Seraphina has her shield donned and checks her sword slides clean from the scabbard, just in case. These are humans, after all.

Thread locked