Roll - (3d6)

(131) = 5

Roll - (3d6)

(244) = 10

Roll - (3d6)

(632) = 11

Aug 28, 2015 5:44 pm
Well, at least I tried to help. :)

Seems like everyone is almost ready with character creation soon, so I'll start penning up the first adventure post tonight. The first post round will probably just be an overview of what characters remember before waking in the tavern, and how you perceive the others you see awaken.
Aug 28, 2015 5:54 pm
Oh I definitely appreciate it, and that jump in strength is pretty nice :)
Aug 28, 2015 10:31 pm
Ütés Arc is a Illuskan (1/16th elven, with barely noticeable physical elven traits, and no race bonuses) female fighter. She speaks Common and Elvish (Elven?) and carries a shield she uses to protect those that fight by her side (Protection fighting style). Have a peek at the character sheet, Phantom, and let me know if there's anything else that needs to be done.
Last edited August 28, 2015 10:31 pm
Aug 29, 2015 1:23 am
szemely says:
Ütés Arc is a Illuskan (1/16th elven, with barely noticeable physical elven traits, and no race bonuses) female fighter. She speaks Common and Elvish (Elven?) and carries a shield she uses to protect those that fight by her side (Protection fighting style). Have a peek at the character sheet, Phantom, and let me know if there's anything else that needs to be done.
Looks good. I briefly looked over it. Your character should present some interesting situations. Does she try to identify as elven, or aspire to be one or like one?
Aug 29, 2015 1:37 am
PhantomNimbus says:
Looks good. I briefly looked over it. Your character should present some interesting situations. Does she try to identify as elven, or aspire to be one or like one?
Her elven features are slight enough that very few people notice (although the half-elven bard may pick up on them). She does not identify or aspire to be elven, but will not hide the fact that she has elven blood if asked about it.

http://i.imgur.com/DtiXALw.jpg
Last edited August 29, 2015 2:35 am
Aug 29, 2015 1:39 am
Awesome, thanks for the clarification.
Aug 29, 2015 2:36 am
Xadria just joined the fight, but Moofsalot, could you fill out the names of your spells? Or are you still in process? Wasn't sure, most other things looked good. Also for wizard just track what spells you have prepared in the notes, then your spell section can consist of all your known spells.
Aug 29, 2015 3:30 am
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t198/WickedQueenAvice/portrait-of-an-elf-female-with-tattoos-on-face-and-earring-and-necklace.jpg

She's wearing long, meticulously clean dark purple robes.

All spell info is added! I've also included details under notes.

If I'm a High Elf and a Sage, does that mean I know 4 languages in addition to common?? Just want to make sure I'm reading that correctly. I also get a 4th cantrip for being an elf, correct?
Last edited August 29, 2015 4:03 am
Aug 29, 2015 4:06 am
Yes, you should know Common, Elven, one more language for being high-elf, and two more languages for sage.

Also, you are correct, since you are an high-elf wizard you do get 4 cantrips. One for the high-elf, and 3 for wizard. They're all from the wizard spell list anyway so no big difference or anything.

Edit: One quick note though, you can have up to 5 spells prepared. Your number of prepared spells is your INT modifier (+4) plus your Wizard level (1).
Aug 29, 2015 4:33 am
Ok, so, I'm loving all these characters so far. I just finished mine and... well, he is a "character" ;). Just to offset the Wizard I went with a Barbarian. I dropped my INT by a couple points, so I hope you are all right with that (making my character a little weaker....).
Aug 29, 2015 4:46 am
Somewhere along the 60 years of his life, it is generally believed that "Old Man" Crolwell lost it. He came back to his home town one day, stark raving mad. He had a strange instrument (which appeared to be some mix of a flugal and a tuba) and claimed he was given it by a 'fairy'. He earns a coin here and there by "entertaining" in taverns (which is mostly telling absurd stories).
He is known to be a ladies man... not that he's that great at it. And he is always in mood for good food, drink, and an absurd story, especially if he paid for it.
(He is also an amazing Fluba player, however, it is not the most popular instrument as of late).
Last edited August 29, 2015 7:57 am
Aug 29, 2015 5:08 am
I was looking through the sheet and had to take a moment to take in what I was seeing. A highly charismatic barbarian that is an entertainer. I love it. You could also use the Feat/Abilities area to put your Barbarian abilities. Either way I love the diversity in the cast here. I'm going to start up the first adventure post.
Aug 29, 2015 11:42 am
Ok so dumb question, how do "spell slots" work? Are they like saved spells?
Aug 29, 2015 2:22 pm
Moofsalot says:
Ok so dumb question, how do "spell slots" work? Are they like saved spells?
So, I believe (so anyone correct me if I'm wrong), that when you use a spell, it expends a spell slot. So if you have five spell slots you can only use five spells before resting (not counting Cantrips).

But, there are spell slots at different levels (level 2 spell slot, level 3, and so forth). The higher level spell slots allow you to cast higher level spells OR increase the power of a lower level spell! however, you cannot use higher level spells in lower level spell slots.

Example: You can cast a level 2 spell "Break Wind" in higher spell slots (level 3 slots, level 4... Etc), but can't cast it in a level 1 spell slot. When you cast said level 2 spell you use up a level 2 spell slot.

Cantrips are Level 0 you can use the infinite amount of time, expending no spell slots (Yay!).
I hope that made sense. In the end it could've just been confusing :).
Last edited August 29, 2015 2:24 pm
Aug 29, 2015 2:36 pm
Yes. That's right. Spell slots are how many of your prepared spells you can cast. Prepared spells are like the current spells, out of the entirety of your spellbook, that you have committed to remembering. So all spells that aren't in your prepared list you can't cast even if you have a slot of that level available.

Spell slots are spent when used to cast a spell, even if the spell fails. You need to rest to recover slots. Long rests get all of them back, short rests only a certain amount.

If we long rest you also can change the spells on your prepared list.

Also out of your prepared list you can cast a spell as many times as you have slots for. So thunder wave is a first level spell. So if it's prepared you can cast it one or more times as long as you have one or more first level spell slots left.

So it's very important to track your used and unused spell slots because they are like ammunition, when they're gone, you can't cast until you rest.
Aug 29, 2015 2:47 pm
Great! I think I got it. Can cantrips also be switched out after a long (or in my case 4 hour) rest?
Aug 29, 2015 2:55 pm
Cantrips are not quite like other spells. They are always in memory and always castable. All of them. So all of your cantrips are usable anytime.

They also do not use spell slots so you can keep casting them every round of combat if you want. (Assuming you don't cast some other spell for your action instead)
Aug 29, 2015 2:56 pm
I'm so glad we're all getting our single digit rolls out of the way now- ha!
Aug 29, 2015 4:20 pm
Moofsalot says:
I'm so glad we're all getting our single digit rolls out of the way now- ha!
That's what we get for having the attribute rolls we had. :-)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.