Character Creation

load previous
Aug 29, 2015 5:35 pm
szemely says:
Moofsalot says:
I'm so glad we're all getting our single digit rolls out of the way now- ha!
That's what we get for having the attribute rolls we had. :-)
So that means all of my rolls should be amazing right? ;)

Edit: Yep, sure looks that way
Last edited August 29, 2015 5:35 pm

Rolls

Amazing roll!!! - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Aug 29, 2015 7:54 pm
Now if only we could roll like that in the adventure. I think we've established so far you are not good at investigating crimes, or remembering things from the past. :)
Aug 29, 2015 8:02 pm
Sure seems that way lol, I never roll well for things that actually matter
Aug 29, 2015 8:52 pm
Naat, you should check what killed the people on the ground. I would, however, Crolwell is much more interested in the result of the pin...
Aug 30, 2015 2:56 am
Ütés (I'm regretting picking a name that's so hard to type) sometimes forgets that the others around her aren't under her command. I expect that she'll be barking out orders that the rest of you will promptly ignore. :-)
Aug 30, 2015 4:52 am
szemely says:
Ütés (I'm regretting picking a name that's so hard to type) sometimes forgets that the others around her aren't under her command. I expect that she'll be barking out orders that the rest of you will promptly ignore. :-)
No problem, Crolwell would be more then happy to comply (he's simple like that).
Sep 9, 2015 2:18 pm
Character making, just to be prepared!

Going for a Human Paladin

Good stats, bad health roll

WOW! I'm super short... Gonna tweak that a bit... Don't like that at all lol
Last edited September 9, 2015 4:19 pm

Rolls

Stat Roll - (4d6)

(5132) = 11

Stat Roll - (4d6)

(6145) = 16

Stat Roll - (4d6)

(4145) = 14

Stat Roll - (4d6)

(5334) = 15

Stat Roll - (4d6)

(2165) = 14

Stat Roll - (4d6)

(3562) = 16

Level 2 Health Roll *Cross fingers* - (1d10+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

Height - (2d10)

(21) = 3

Weight - (2d4)

(32) = 5

Age! - (1d6+15)

(5) + 15 = 20

Height/Weight - (2d10, 2d4)

2d10 : (46) = 10

2d4 : (12) = 3

Sep 9, 2015 5:23 pm
Character complete! Human Paladin of Tyr, Gareth Everett :)

Probably won't need to use him, but it was fun to make him.
May 17, 2016 5:45 pm
Will try rolling stats and other things.

EDIT: I think I will roll a Cleric or Druid, since the current party doesn't have one.

EDIT EDIT: Actually, let me read up on the story thus far and what the Daggers are. Might help to tailor a character along those lines.
Last edited May 17, 2016 6:03 pm

Rolls

Attributes - (4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6)

4d6 : (4423) = 13

4d6 : (3241) = 10

4d6 : (6553) = 19

4d6 : (5163) = 15

4d6 : (5454) = 18

4d6 : (1511) = 8

HP levels 2-4 - (1d8+3, 1d8+3, 1d8+3)

1d8+3 : (2) + 3 = 5

1d8+3 : (1) + 3 = 4

1d8+3 : (1) + 3 = 4

Trinket - (1d100)

(41) = 41

May 17, 2016 5:59 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
Alright, brought in two new people. Jabes and cancerman. If they want they can either be members of the Daggers, or additional adventurers. Once they make their characters' I'll work to bring them into the game and we can start this thing up again.

We are on the final arc I had planned in here, so prepare yourselves!

Also the new characters coming in can start at 4 so they are even up with the current players.
Hi everyone! Thanks for having us! Any class requests? What are the Daggers? Should I read the previous chapters first?

Stat roll results: 12, 9, 9, 12, 10, 16. Hmmm...not the worst results I've ever gotten ... Can I point buy instead? LOL!
Last edited May 17, 2016 6:02 pm

Rolls

Stat rolls - (4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6)

4d6 : (2264) = 14

4d6 : (3124) = 10

4d6 : (1315) = 10

4d6 : (1345) = 13

4d6 : (3433) = 13

4d6 : (5565) = 21

May 17, 2016 6:12 pm
Here is the high level synopsis so far. The four members that were here recieved a summons to bring them to this tavern in a small town to the east of Neverwinter. They all had different things that brought them there, but they all blacked out at the tavern and awoke in a massacre that apparently had been committed at their own hand. They escaped with the help of a cloaked figure who turned out to be a member of The Daggers.

The Daggers are a shadowy organization who actually work for the good of Faerun. Many don't believe they actually exist, but it turns out they have eyes and ears everywhere. They have been tracking a big baddy known only as The Bard and didn't have much more information on him. The group also had flashes of remembering that they were drugged with some sort of black liquid.

Upon hooking up with The Daggers the group ascertained the location of two parties. Utes' Prince that she was supposed to be in charge of. And the traveling troupe of Aelar.

Most recently the group had set sail and arrived on an island with a hidden moutainside Keep that held the troupe of Aelar. They also discovered that this drug they were given has been used at many taverns across Faerun, and any and all bards, or those with knowledge of instruments were being abducted and shipped to this keep. Hundreds and hundreds of people, all stealthly taken, and covered up by these massacres that are showing up.

After a lengthy infiltration and battle the team managed to free the troupe, and a mysterious stranger named Bill S. Preston, Esquire. He is an odd traveler with stranger mannerisms, but he was able to resurrect a fallen member of the troupe from the dead. He seems to know much about this Bard character, and the team brought him, and the freed troupe, back to Neverwinter to The Daggers.

There is still the matter of Utes' captured Prince, who The Daggers had found was being held prisoner by The Bard himself. So the group still needs to rescue the prince, and hopefully best the baddy.

I think that is everything so far, at least the high level stuff.
May 17, 2016 6:32 pm
If I were to be a member of the Daggers, would I need to know more about the organization, or would I be an independent contractor of sorts? Trying to figure out a backstory to mesh with your adventure.
May 17, 2016 6:34 pm
If you belonged to the Daggers it depends on how long you have been with them. Most of their 'agents' are adventurers with particular skills. Knowledge, fighting, stealth. There is a core command group to the organization, and a group dedicated to keeping deadly magical artifacts under lock and key, but these are more internal divisions, so you would probably be more in line with one of the field agents.

It's essentially what the other adventurers have become. They are honorary members. You also get a sweet pin that will do different things depending on how long you have been with them and your level of service. Given that we are all about level 4 adventurers, I can't imagine anyone having been with them for more than a few months.
May 17, 2016 6:56 pm
I think I'll work the Land Druid angle, and be a field agent for the Daggers. I have a general idea of being a Wood Elf tasked with scouting and maintaining a patch of forest.

Scratch that. I'll need a bit more time to consider this. :)
Last edited May 17, 2016 6:58 pm
May 17, 2016 7:14 pm
I'd like to play a Mystic. Haven't decided on race, but probably human. Is there a place for someone like this among the Daggers?

Oh, and may I discard my rolled stats and use point buy instead?
May 17, 2016 7:22 pm
Mystics are fun!

I think I will play as a Water Genasi Druid. Like my previous idea, he's a field agent for the Daggers along the Sword Coast who showed up in Neverwinter either because he was called in, or he had something to report.

Or maybe he hitched a ride on the boat back in?
May 17, 2016 7:38 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
I'd like to play a Mystic. Haven't decided on race, but probably human. Is there a place for someone like this among the Daggers?

Oh, and may I discard my rolled stats and use point buy instead?
Of course. The dagger takes all kinds. They have already run into one Changling and a Half orc I believe. If you have skills that would be useful to the daggers you are welcome. They usually will recruit you, it's not often those trying to find the Daggers will find anything if the Daggers do not allow it.

Feel free to point buy instead if you would like.
May 17, 2016 7:39 pm
CancerMan says:
Mystics are fun!

I think I will play as a Water Genasi Druid. Like my previous idea, he's a field agent for the Daggers along the Sword Coast who showed up in Neverwinter either because he was called in, or he had something to report.

Or maybe he hitched a ride on the boat back in?
That should work just fine. The boat came directly from the island they were on back to Neverwinter, but it would make sense you are brought in to aid our heroes. No doubt your Druidic nature and track record with the Daggers thus far may earn you a better assignment.
May 18, 2016 4:47 pm
Firn Vapore is a part of a small circle that pays tribute to Istishia, King of Water Elementals. This group does not have a true temple (though some do exist), and its members scatter along the coast and inland wherever there are sources of water that ought to be preserved and protected. They gather mostly on special occasions to confer and maintain their worship.

The water genasi himself is neutral to the politics of the world, much like the nature of water itself. However, he understands that evil often seeks to bend nature to its will with purposeful action, while good tends to do so with noble intentions. In this regard, Firn is one of the few of his circle to actively oppose evil, and seeks to guide others about the proper balance of water usage. This charity eventually brought him to the attention of a secretive group called The Daggers, who recruited Firn to be one of their field agents. The druid felt that the group's goals aligned closely with his, and agreed to this arrangement.

Firn pays close attention to the natural environment around him. Much can be gleaned from the movement of the ocean's currents, the frequency and power of the waves, and the condition of the flora and fauna within; through such clues can one divine Istishia's messages and act accordingly.

Obviously, water holds a special place in Firn's heart, and the druid will do everything in his power to prevent its exploitation and misuse. He also holds The Daggers in high regard and seeks to protect this valuable support system, ready to lend his aid should it be required. If there is one flaw, it's that he places a lot of faith and trust in those who wield power in his organizations, whether it be the Circle of Istishia or The Daggers.
May 18, 2016 8:31 pm
I like it. This water based character is giving me a few fun ideas to tweak my plans for this last arc. :)

I am just waiting on Jabes to make his character and submit it, and we should be golden. As far as where we find Firn, I assume he is arriving in Neverwinter around the time that our existing team is coming in. I may have you bump into each other there, but I'm still thinking it out. I may have another fun idea, but I want to see how Jabes is going to come in to all of this as well.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.