General Discussion

load previous
Sep 4, 2015 3:26 pm
Naatkinson says:
You have a strength of 22?
Holy! Your right! So much for my math... -2 to both the attack and damage!... Real sorry about that.
To explain: I didn't relize Gamers Plane automatically adds your proficiency bonus. In short, I saw the +6 and thought that was my value. Nope.
Sep 4, 2015 3:34 pm
Ahhh! That makes sense then. Would be pretty awesome if you had a 22 strength though lol
Sep 4, 2015 3:47 pm
Advantage is granted because they can't see you so you always have surprise against them. It's more roleplay than strict rule. They have disadvantage against you because they are not in the bubble, but they know the general area it exists in, they could throw something in and just hope it hits.

Even with reduced numbers Crolwell straight murdered the frogman and destroyed the dagger. He specifically mentioned coming down on where the dagger was stuck into the creature. Make sure you take a dagger from your inventory Ütés. :P

Advantage and Disadvantage can be given situationally if it makes sense. So I sort of house ruled it, just forgot to mention it right at the start of the battle. This works for them and you, so if you leave, and they get into the bubble you would be at disadvantage against them until you were either in there with them, or they came out at you.

Once you leave though you no longer surprise them, so running out to do melee attacks against them gets you seen again. If you are an archer or ranged attacker, this is your dream haven. :)
Sep 4, 2015 4:04 pm
Am I supposed to add something to my spell damage, or just to weapon damage?
Sep 4, 2015 4:06 pm
Moofsalot says:
Am I supposed to add something to my spell damage, or just to weapon damage?
As a general rule you only add ability modifier to your damage on weapon attacks, not spells. Some spells or class abilities will specifically state that you are able to add that modifier. Those are the only cases where you will add that modifier to spells, unless a DM houserules otherwise.
Sep 4, 2015 4:08 pm
Booo, dice. Boo!
Sep 4, 2015 4:10 pm
Oh man, I'm so sorry Moofsalot. I just laughed inappropriately loud.
Sep 4, 2015 4:12 pm
Can I throw up a shield or does the natural 20(s) negate that?
Sep 4, 2015 4:14 pm
Is it a reaction?
Sep 4, 2015 4:15 pm
It is, but even so it wouldn't save me since it only adds 5 to my AC.
Sep 4, 2015 4:15 pm
Ah, also a crit is an auto hit no matter what, but sometimes wording may help you out.
Sep 4, 2015 4:34 pm
It says the shield spell lasts until my next turn. Since I'm at the top of the round, does that mean the following round?
Sep 4, 2015 4:35 pm
Are you unconscious Xadira?
Sep 4, 2015 4:36 pm
Not yet. Very close tho.
Sep 4, 2015 4:36 pm
Moofsalot:
Unfortunately not. Just until your next turn you have bonus AC.
Sep 4, 2015 4:59 pm
Xadira, I think you have advantage on that attack since he can't see you inside the bubble. Turn that miss into a crit!
Sep 4, 2015 5:02 pm
Yes, add another roll for attack and take the higher value.
Sep 4, 2015 5:41 pm
Worst. Fighter. Eva'.
Sep 4, 2015 5:49 pm
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r8tc6qjUX4E
Go to 1:33... It's Ütés...

[was able to edit my original post... Don't know how this got in the Adventure...]
Sep 4, 2015 5:52 pm
Was about to improv it as "As strange portal suddenly opens and you see oddly animated things moving around."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.