General Discussion

load previous
Oct 11, 2015 12:49 pm
Wait we leveled? I can't remember if I did that yet. I'm supposed to pick more spells aren't I.
Oct 11, 2015 12:55 pm
Yes, we all should be level 2. Just trying to make sure we are all in the same page.
Oct 15, 2015 6:07 am
Sorry for delay in post. New job stuff had me busy. I'll try and get something more substantial up tomorrow.
Oct 23, 2015 1:53 am
Note: I'm not turning this in looking at love story with the shy shoulder grab. Aelar comes from a tight knit little 'family' where frequent contact is expected. This is more a sign of feeling close to his new friends, though I can see how Utes might take it another way
Oct 23, 2015 1:55 am
I feel like Ütés is an opposite enough personality it may happen that way, but we'll see. :)
Oct 23, 2015 2:02 am
Aelar does have a weakness for the pretty ladies though lol
Oct 23, 2015 2:21 am
*smack* "FRESH!!!"
Oct 23, 2015 3:30 am
Lol. +1 point for szemely for Arrested Development reference.
Oct 28, 2015 3:00 am
Have any of us gotten Inspiration yet?
Oct 28, 2015 3:09 am
At this point I thought you all had. If you don't have it marked you all do. Man, I really thought I had handed that out. Guess I should check character sheets more often. INSPIRATION FOR ALL!
Oct 28, 2015 3:10 am
You may have, it's totally possible I didn't write it down too.
Nov 3, 2015 6:01 am
I really think that, by base rules, you should be able to wield a rapier and a dagger without a feat. That was the most common type of dual wielding back in the day. (And would totally be what this character would do)
Last edited November 3, 2015 6:08 am
Nov 3, 2015 12:16 pm
If the two weapons have the light property you can. The dual wielding feat, or fighting style, only allows you to add your appropriate stat modifier to the damage for the attack. If you don't have that then you can still make the attacks, but your second attack doesn't gain any bonus to the damage roll. (Attack seems unaffected either way).
Nov 3, 2015 12:17 pm
Then on your turn if you use your action to attack with one, you get to use a bonus action to attack with the other right away. Keeping in mind you can only have one bonus action per round.

Here is The two PHB sections about two hand fighting, and the two hand fighting style for reference.
Nov 3, 2015 12:20 pm
But rapiers don't have the light property, so you need a feat to utilize the most common sort of dual wielding in history. Just seems odd.

Fighting style allows you to add ability mod, feat allows you to use weapons that aren't labeled as light.
Nov 3, 2015 12:21 pm
Then that is indeed true. Rapiers are not dual wieldable without the feat. As stated both weapons need to be 'light'.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.