Chapter 1 - The Beginning

load previous
Oct 2, 2015 3:10 am
Aelar shakes off the moment of feat and will leap forward to engage the hag before it can reach the rest of the party, attempting to distract it for long enough for them to get their bearings. He also calls to Crolwell, "Come on big guy, lets take this thing down!"

Attacking hag and giving Crolwell Bardic Inspiration

Crolwell may add 1d6 to any d20 roll used to attack or make a saving throw

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+5)

(19) + 5 = 24

Damage - (1d8+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Oct 2, 2015 3:32 am
Aelar's rapier stabs true into the sea hag as she lets out a sound that isn't quite a scream, and isn't quite a laugh, but somewhere in between. Her twisted appearance holds no power over him.

[ GM: I'm going to try and keep a running tally of all the damage done to the hag in my post here. Let me know if this is a useful thing I can try and keep it up for combats. ]

-- Damage --
Hag: 12 damage
Oct 2, 2015 4:08 pm
Seeing Aelar rush forward Ütés sprints into action, two hands on her longsword, and takes strong forehand slash. Not waiting to see what, if any, damage she's caused she straightens her blade and attempts to plunge it into the creatures chest.

Using an Action Surge for the second attack.

Rolls

Attack #1 [+5] - (1d20+5)

(9) + 5 = 14

Damage #1 [+3] - (1d10+3)

(9) + 3 = 12

Attack #2 [+5] - (1d20+5)

(17) + 5 = 22

Damage #2 [+3] - (1d10+3)

(9) + 3 = 12

Oct 2, 2015 6:23 pm
As Ütés' blade flutters through the air it slices across the face of the hag and sinks deep into her chest. Thick black oozing blood splatters across the deck. The hag reels from the blow.

-- Damage --
Hag: 36 damage
Oct 4, 2015 10:54 pm
I throw my hands together as if clapping, but stop when they are approximately 1 foot apart. As I do so, I release 3 glowing projectiles towards the hag, one after the other.

Rolls

Magic Missile - (3d4+3)

(112) + 3 = 7

Oct 4, 2015 11:37 pm
Crolwell, still clenching his eyes shut, swings in a 360 degrees arc slashing at anything in his way.
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArgh!!!!!"

Rolls

Attack the Hag... or whatever is in his way... - (1d20+6)

(3) + 6 = 9

Oct 5, 2015 12:14 am
The missiles connect one at a time into the hag. "Your beauty is a plague upon me. I will flay that pretty face of yours m'dear.", she hisses as she recovers from the bolts. She ducks Crolwells wild swinging attack, luckily so does everyone else.

-- Damage --
Hag: 43 damage
Oct 5, 2015 2:35 am
Torment seems to glide through the bodies now surrounding the witch and in an instant she is behind the hag. She lashes out with her rapier. The hit connects and her rapier bursts out the front of the hags chest. Thick black blood oozes out. The hag lets out a screech and slumps to the ground dead. Thick black blood oozing across the deck of the ship.

"You shall flay no one hag. This is my ship. Get off!", Torment says as she kicks the corpse over the edge of the boat. Suddenly the wind picks up and the boat starts rocking once again. The mist starts to clear as you progress once again.

-- Damage --
Hag: 61 damage

Rolls

To Hit (Rapier) - (1d20+5)

(17) + 5 = 22

Damage (Rapier + d6 sneak attack) - (1d8+5, 1d6)

1d8+5 : (7) + 5 = 12

1d6 : (6) = 6

Oct 5, 2015 2:52 am
"Excuse my ignorance... But what was that?" Ütés asks no one in particular.
Oct 5, 2015 2:55 am
"I think your friends heard of it before, at least they seem to have. It was a sea hag. I've never seen one before in person, but I've heard many tales. They seek to destroy beauty, pride, and honor in any form, until it becomes as twisted as they are", Torment says, wiping the black blood from her rapier and sheathing it again.

"We can only hope this one wasn't part of a coven", she says. Looking out towards the sea, lit dimly by the moonlight.
Oct 5, 2015 3:02 am
Aelar shivers at the thought of a coven of hags, "We're lucky we came out of that unharmed, very lucky," he says. He looks around, making sure no one is hurt, "I say we get back to sleep now, it's going to be hard to get rest once we get to port."
Oct 5, 2015 3:14 am
"Yes, we best sleep. I'll wake some of the crew and set them on watches through the night", Torment says, as she starts to head back down the stairs to the captain's quarters, "I know not what this means for our voyage, or your mission, but we should be vigilant none the less."
Oct 5, 2015 3:22 am
"I'm sure there's nothing to worry about! Nothing at all!" I brush my arms as if wiping off dirt and chant a short incantation when I think no one is looking.
Last edited October 5, 2015 3:23 am

Rolls

Casting Mage Armor - (1d20+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Oct 5, 2015 3:23 am
Crolwell has his eyes welded shut and is swinging in circles at the front of the deck. His fury, blood rage, and battle cry drowning out everything. "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaugh!!!!"
Last edited October 5, 2015 3:25 am

Rolls

Attacking the Darkness - (1d20+6)

(19) + 6 = 25

(disadvantage) - (1d20+6)

(10) + 6 = 16

Oct 5, 2015 3:33 am
Crolwell slays the darkness with a mighty blow. His axe drives deeply into the hand rail along the edge of the ship. It digs in to the wood so deep he has trouble getting it back out.
Oct 5, 2015 7:03 pm
"Crolwell, the hag is dead. It would be best for you to get some rest now while you can. There's no telling whether there will be others later. Watch where you are swinging!"
Oct 5, 2015 7:12 pm
Aelar winces as Crolwell's axe damages the ship, Torment is not going to be happy, he thinks. He raises his voice a bit, "Crolwell! She's dead, you can stop swinging your axe now!" with that he will bid everyone a good night and go to get some sleep.
Oct 5, 2015 10:30 pm
"I'm going back to sleep. Maybe the whirling dervish will tire himself out by morning!" with a roll of her eyes Ütés returns to her bunk.
Oct 5, 2015 10:49 pm
Crolwell turns in the direction of Aelar, Crolwell's body is shaking in fear. He peels his eyes open with great determination. Grimacing he looks at each of you in the face. True fear is in his eyes.
"She wasn't a real woman... was she?"
Last edited October 5, 2015 10:51 pm
Oct 6, 2015 1:13 am
Aelar pats Crolwell on the shoulder comfortingly, "No, she was a sinister hag. She is gone now though, you have nothing to fear, my friend." He waits until Crolwell is ready before heading down to bed.
load next

Thread locked