Chapter 1 - The Beginning

load previous
Sep 2, 2015 2:35 am
"Many thanks, Ütés." I return the nod, then my head dips down in shame for a moment before I pull the pin out of my pocket and walk over to Taft to hand it back. "Oh right, here then. Tell me, how many of the others survived? Where did they go?"
Sep 2, 2015 2:48 am
Aelar will smile warmly at his companions, "I'd love to meet your matriarch when this is all over," he says to Utes, then turns to Xadira, "and I appreciate your kindness."

After a few moment's silence Aelar will call to Crolwell, "Hey, how's your goblin friend doing?"
Last edited September 2, 2015 3:01 am
Sep 2, 2015 3:56 am
Taft takes the pin back graciously and re-attaches it to his robe. "The others that survived were members of Aelar's troupe and Ütés' prince. They escaped together and were captured together. I'm unsure why they were taken, or where, but if anyone is aware of the movements of the fiends that did this, it is my brothers and sisters of The Dagger."

He checks around once more for any guards. "Come, if we can enter into the woods we can rest and talk more." He waits to see the response of everyone, the only sounds now heard are the muffled noises of the Goblin stuck in Crolwell's pack.
Sep 2, 2015 4:01 am
"So there were no other Daggers with you? Or we're they..." I try not to think of the bodies I saw. True, I'm not a strangers to dead bodies, but the ones I saw had died pracefully. Nothing like the carnage back in the tavern. I'm going to have terrible nightmares tonight. I shiver.
Last edited September 2, 2015 11:10 am
Sep 2, 2015 4:14 am
"No, I was travelling alone when I found myself in the establishment last night", he says, "I think that more fortunate for you than for I."

He sees Xadira shiver slightly, "I wish I could have stopped you from awaking in that place." He walks over and takes her hand in his and looks her deeply in the eye for a moment, then at the others. "I wish I could have done more."
Sep 2, 2015 5:32 am
Crolwell smiles and throws his arms around both Xadira and Taft.
"You know wha' Daft, We'll keep you".
Crolwell will then turn to the direction Taft indicated the forest, he'll hike his pack higher onto his back and mutter something about a personal massager. Crolwell will turn around and wave to everyone to follow him.
Sep 2, 2015 11:03 am
A little concerned by Crolwell's use of language he hears another muffled noise from the Goblin. "I don't have to ride in there, do I?", he asks.
Sep 2, 2015 11:07 am
Ütés realizes that her best chance of finding the prince is to follow Taft and stick with the others. "Into the woods then!"
Sep 2, 2015 11:24 am
I nod solemnly. Let's keep going, then. If your friends can help us, we'd be forever grateful." I awkwardly hold his hand for longer than I should before letting go.
Sep 2, 2015 11:48 am
After a quite uneventful days traveling through the woods dusk is upon you. Without even scouting a location Taft stops and announces very matter-of-factly, "We shall camp here for the evening, we have been lucky to have such safe passage thus far but these woods are not safe at night"

He takes his dagger pin off and sets it on the ground. "There, we should be safe for the night." Without another word he simply starts gathering up sticks and dried underbrush to start a fire.
Sep 2, 2015 12:29 pm
"Not safe? What do you mean? What's out this way?"
Sep 2, 2015 12:55 pm
Aelar looks curiously at the pin that Taft just set on the ground, "Is there something in particular we need to watch out for? And how in the world is your pin going to keep us safe?" he will ask as he begins helping Taft gather material for a fire.
Sep 2, 2015 1:40 pm
"I think the easier question is what is not in these woods. Drakes, perhaps.", he states casually.

He stops and looks at Aelar, he seems unsure as to how Aelar could not understand. "Walk over that way, about 30 feet. I will show you.", he instructs, pointing out a little ways from the place he set the pin.
Sep 2, 2015 2:16 pm
Aelar will look around warily at Taft's comment, as if to make sure nothing is sneaking up on them. After looking for a moment he will follow Taft's instructions and walk to where he is pointing.

Rolls

Perception (That comment made Aelar paranoid) - (1d20+2)

(15) + 2 = 17

Sep 2, 2015 2:20 pm
Aelar:
As you reach the spot he told you you turn back around to tell him that you don't quite understand. When you look back Taft and your entire party are simply gone. Even as you are looking around cautiously and carefully you see no trace of them. At least you see no other creatures nearby either.

Everyone else:
You see Aelar reach the point Taft told him to go to, turn around, say he doesn't understand, and then get a slight panicked look on his face. Taft calls out loudly but Aelar doesn't seem to hear him at all.
Sep 2, 2015 2:29 pm
After a brief moment of panic Aelar will calm down and realize that there must be some magic at work here. He will attempt to walk back to where he knows the group to be.
Sep 2, 2015 2:30 pm
Aelar:
As you walk forward its like walking through some sort of bubble, although you don't quite feel the side of it. As your head crosses inside you see the rest of the party and suddenly hear Taft calling out to you.
Sep 2, 2015 2:37 pm
"Well that was certainly enlightening," he will say to Taft, and then will address the rest of the party, "I couldn't see or hear anything from you while I was out there. I think this is probably a pretty safe place to stay."
Sep 2, 2015 2:38 pm
"Most excellent, Taft!" Ütés exclaims. "A bit of rest would do us all good I think." Intrigued by the magic, Ütés will try and walk the perimeter of the 'safe area' just to ensure there isn't anything in there with them that shouldn't be.

Rolls

Perception [+4] - (1d20+4)

(7) + 4 = 11

Sep 2, 2015 2:40 pm
After helping get a fire lit Aelar will pull out his harp and begin playing a soothing melody for the party, "Anyone have any requests?"
load next

Thread locked