Chapter 1, Day 2: Into the Witchwood

load previous
Nov 4, 2015 11:07 pm
Zaris moves over towards Pawetha and then stands just off and behind her left shoulder. The elf pulls the wand of magic missiles out and holds it ready. "I pray it won't come to this," he whispers.
Nov 5, 2015 1:32 am
I'm standing off to the side lamenting the half-pile of coins I was coerced into leaving behind in the vault. I swear, if anything happens to my share...
Nov 7, 2015 9:09 am
Jorr prepares his bow and nods, "Kaiakas and Corban then. At the first sign of trouble."

That is the plan, yes? If so, with your next post Kaiakas and/or Corban - make a Persuasion roll
Nov 7, 2015 1:33 pm
With weapons sheathed and hands in front of me about waist height in a sign of welcoming and friendship, I walk out of the clearing and greet the giant. "Well met, great Warklegnaw!" I make sure to smile sincerely at the giant. "I wonder if we could have a moment of your time."
[OOC: I'm using my Inspiration here because I don't want to fuck it up.]
[OOC: Of-freaking-course. Corban better roll better than I.]
Last edited November 7, 2015 1:35 pm

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Persuasion - (1d20+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

Nov 7, 2015 4:39 pm
Seeing the not so smooth introduction, Corban tries to recover. "Greetings tall one, we're just passing through. It sounded like you were lamenting the loss of your people, what happened to them?"

Rolls

Straight zero Charisma... - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Nov 7, 2015 4:51 pm
Pawetha half-smiles. "I think this will go wonderfully well," she says, though her tone is not quite as confident.
Nov 8, 2015 4:24 pm
"I should have been the one to do the talking," Zaris mumbles to himself noting the flat affect of the giant.
Nov 9, 2015 8:09 am
The forest giant glares at you, begins to heft his club and shouts back, "Little ones like you murdered them! Don't be thinkin' I'll be letting you do the the same to me! I'll smash you like I smashed their fort."

Kaiakas can tell that the giant seems to be feigning aggression. While he hefts his club, his stance remains passive and his body language suggests, to Kaiakas, that the giant isn't actually interested in a fight.

Source: Passive Insight
Nov 9, 2015 5:26 pm
"What the hell! We're letting them do the talking now?" I walk over to the group and yell over them towards the giant. "Hey buddy, it's me again! How's it going? I brought some friends with me. Maybe you can help us! No smashing necessary!"
Last edited November 9, 2015 5:26 pm

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+1)

(15) + 1 = 16

Nov 9, 2015 9:21 pm
The forest giant's brow furrows, "More of ye 'ttle 'uns comin' outta' the woods." He sighs heavily and lets his club drop to the ground and leans on it, helping himself to sit back down, "Well, if yer not here to fight." He beckons you forward, "Have some roast boar, you're very little and could use extra meat on yer bones."
Nov 10, 2015 12:27 am
As if on cue, Pawetha's stomach growls.

Almost before she can stop herself, the ranger stands, barely topping the brush with the crown of her fox-headed cloak. She advances, warily, for there is still the instinctive inclination to hide her small frame from the largest beings.
Nov 10, 2015 1:55 am
For a long moment, I stand frozen in stunned silence as the others make more headway with the giant than I did. Slowly, I lower my arms from their welcoming outstretch and walk toward the meal we were just invited to. I'm left feeling uneasy about the whole thing. As I quietly partake, mumbling my thanks.
Nov 10, 2015 6:05 am
Pawetha whispers in an aside to party, "We should offer something in return. Food, medicine, something of value." She considers her own thoughts for a moment. "No idea what a giant finds valuable."
Nov 10, 2015 7:47 am
As you all come around, Warklegnaw tears off hunks of the roast dire boar and hands it to each of you. The meat is well cooked, and very flavourful. It has been gently spiced with forest herbs, and you detect a hint of ground mushroom. Clearly the forest giant is quite the cook.

As Pawetha suggests a gift, Xara recalls that you had found a giant-sized magic gauntlet in the vault, which she is presently wearing.
Nov 10, 2015 4:20 pm
Whatever reservations Pawetha had is immediately gone as the aroma hits her senses. She does not bother with utensils nor does she push back her hood or hair, grabbing the meat with both hands and digging her face into the flesh. For all intents and purposes, it looks like a mangy starved fox gorging itself on a kill.
Nov 10, 2015 9:27 pm
I look of shock crosses Zaris's face watching Pawetha tear into the boar like an animal. He reminds himself that not everyone was raised with his manners and dining etiquette. "I'll have just a small piece please," Zaris says to the giant while digging into his pack for a plate and utensils. "Thank you for your kindness friend," he adds before sitting to enjoy the boar
Nov 10, 2015 10:47 pm
"Thank you, Warklegnaw. What a generous offer! A delicious meal shared among new friends. Who could ask for anything more?" I take a moment to savor the meal before I continue. "So, dear Giant friend, tell us your troubles. How many others have come this way? This is going surprisingly well.
Nov 11, 2015 6:28 pm
"sure as hell beats dry bread rations..." Corban takes he offered meat with his thanks. He sits back, happy that diplomacy duty is back in Xara's capable hands.
Nov 11, 2015 6:36 pm
Warklegnaw shrugs, "No little 'uns since those that killed my kin. Just been ol' Warklegnaw keepin' on. No, the forest is quiet, and has been since we chased them from the keep up yonder." He takes a giant-sized bite of the roast boar before continuing on, "As for me troubles. Well, I'm aching and tired." He looks around with meat hanging from his mouth, "But that dun' mean I can't bash ya' into pulp if yur thinkin' o' makin' a move on ol' Warklegnaw."
Nov 11, 2015 9:15 pm
"We have no interest in harming you," Zaris says with sincerity.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.