Suggestion...

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 1, 2018 4:45 pm
We see it all the time. People new to the forums create two or three identical games/forums cuz they have no idea they've successfully created a game.

This must needlessly waste server space, however minimal it might be... And while I imagine it is usually eventually corrected, because the user doesn't want 3 games, I also imagine sometimes the user is just checking things out and leaves the site, orphaning these empty game pages/forums.

It also spams the home page's running short-list of recently created games, which may hurt ppls recruiting efforts...

My suggestion would be to have the creator automatically sent to their game's forum immediately once they've successfully created it.
Last edited September 1, 2018 4:46 pm
Sep 1, 2018 10:06 pm
In the redesign, I was going to forward onto the game details once created; think the forums are a better option?

I'm also adding a "test" flag when creating a game, so that doesn't show up at all.
Sep 7, 2018 3:59 pm
On a kind of similar note... Maybe a way to connect the 'game page' to the forum?
Sep 7, 2018 4:03 pm
PhoenixScientist says:
On a kind of similar note... Maybe a way to connect the 'game page' to the forum?
On any page related to a game, you'll see a red menu at the bottom of your screen with links to relevant game pages.
Sep 7, 2018 4:09 pm
Keleth says:
PhoenixScientist says:
On any page related to a game, you'll see a red menu at the bottom of your screen with links to relevant game pages.
I'm talking about the game details page and wanting to connect it to its relative forum board.
Sep 7, 2018 4:19 pm
PhoenixScientist says:
I'm talking about the game details page and wanting to connect it to its relative forum board.
Sorry, maybe I'm not understanding properly. In that menu bar, if you're on the game details page, it'll have a link to the game forum, and if you're on the game forum, it'll have a link to the game details page.
Sep 7, 2018 4:52 pm
Keleth says:
PhoenixScientist says:
Sorry, maybe I'm not understanding properly. In that menu bar, if you're on the game details page, it'll have a link to the game forum, and if you're on the game forum, it'll have a link to the game details page.
None of my game details page seem to have a link to the forum. Actually, that was a point of confusion for me when I first created a game. I didn't know how to find the game forum at all. (Eventually figured it out). Where is the link supposed to be located on the game info page?
Sep 7, 2018 4:57 pm
Are you on mobile, or desktop?

There should be a static red bar floating on the bottom of the screen. On the left side, there should be "Tools," "Characters," and "Forum." On the right side there should be "Game Details."
Sep 7, 2018 5:07 pm
Oh i see it. Thanks CancerMan. A bit subtle. :-)
Sep 7, 2018 5:24 pm
twotonkatrucks says:
Oh i see it. Thanks CancerMan. A bit subtle. :-)
It's been a complaint for a while, I just haven't been able to think of a better solution :( I'm not a good designer.
Sep 7, 2018 5:37 pm
i think even just having that floating bar on top instead of bottom would actually make it stand out more.
Sep 7, 2018 5:42 pm
I disagree a bit. The top floating bar is where I reference things not specific to the game I'm in.

This is probably just the way I am wired, but once I knew about the red bar on the bottom, I can't think of it being in any other place. I'm so used to GP's layout and the way it is designed that I see nothing wrong. Could things be better? Maybe, probably. Does it work for me? Certainly.
Sep 7, 2018 5:48 pm
is there a reason why the forum link isn't in the body to begin with?
Sep 7, 2018 5:48 pm
Just to chime in here... I'd like to see a link to the forum on the right side screen that serves as a quickest to your games. Not sure if that's possible, but wanted to keep it from getting forgotten.
Sep 7, 2018 5:53 pm
I agree with twotonkatrucks, I think it should br in the body of the main game details page.
Sep 7, 2018 6:17 pm
CancerMan says:
I disagree a bit. The top floating bar is where I reference things not specific to the game I'm in.

This is probably just the way I am wired, but once I knew about the red bar on the bottom, I can't think of it being in any other place. I'm so used to GP's layout and the way it is designed that I see nothing wrong. Could things be better? Maybe, probably. Does it work for me? Certainly.
I agree 100%
Sep 8, 2018 3:03 am
I think if it wasn't floating, but instead was.....
Actually is there a way to share a picture? That would be easier....
Sep 8, 2018 3:07 am
Ill just do this....
https://imgur.com/a/3CxFsUE
Last edited September 8, 2018 3:09 am
Sep 8, 2018 1:37 pm
It's actually fixed to the bottom of your screen, or is supposed to be. This way, it's available as you scroll around. I can make it fix to the top of the footer, but not sure it would work as well.
Sep 8, 2018 5:42 pm
I know it was kinda dissapearing on me, but if its soone else it must just be my phone.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.