Kuldahar

load previous
Sep 13, 2018 1:01 pm
A little bit of foam dribbles down Ugs chin as he finishes the next drink, "To courageous friends!" he says a little more loudly as he thumps that glass down empty as well.
Last edited September 13, 2018 1:19 pm

Rolls

FOR NANCY DC 11!!!!!!! - (1d20+7)

(3) + 7 = 10

Sep 13, 2018 1:15 pm
That next drinks seems to go down a little easier. Ras isn't usually competitive, but the atmosphere in the room makes him want to prove himself.
Last edited September 13, 2018 1:33 pm

Rolls

Maybe 3 grapes? - (1d20+2)

(17) + 2 = 19

Sep 13, 2018 1:42 pm
Ug grins as he sees Ras’s face grow determined. He starts pounding the table with his hand, "Ras! Ras! Ras!"
Last edited September 13, 2018 1:46 pm

Rolls

Ugs got this! DC 12 - (1d20+7)

(14) + 7 = 21

Maybe? - (1d20+7)

(5) + 7 = 12

Sep 13, 2018 1:48 pm
Ras is starting to not feel so great. A drinking game with a goliath? What was he thinking?! He burps loudly."That..." He hesitates, then shakes his head. "That doesn't feel better."
Last edited September 13, 2018 1:52 pm

Rolls

Is the room starting to spin? - (1d20+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Sep 13, 2018 1:54 pm
Ug let’s out a loud laugh, a good genuine Ug laugh. "Ras More brave than barbarian!"
Last edited September 13, 2018 2:02 pm

Rolls

Never give up DC 13 - (1d20+7)

(13) + 7 = 20

Never surrender - (1d20+7)

(13) + 7 = 20

Sep 13, 2018 1:58 pm
Hearing the goliath cheer his name, Ras sits up a little taller. The energy in the room is getting to him and he smiles for the first time in weeks. He suddenly has the urge to be silly, so he folds a napkin to look vaguely like a spider and puts in on his shoulder and waves his arms around. "No Mock! Is my drink! Me weenog!" He starts to giggle and can't seem to stop.
Last edited September 13, 2018 2:01 pm

Rolls

Mehold! *Giggle* - (1d20+2)

(16) + 2 = 18

Sep 13, 2018 2:14 pm
Ug roars with laughter and then leaps awkwardly to his feet. "And Ug is leader Al!" he says with glee, "Al love you erevain, this much!" Ug proceeds to repeatedly punch up an imaginary elf.
Last edited September 13, 2018 2:20 pm

Rolls

Ug think he can Ug think he can DC 14 - (1d20+7)

(5) + 7 = 12

Lose to a gnome? - (1d20+7)

(13) + 7 = 20

Sep 13, 2018 2:15 pm
Ras is overcome with a case of the hiccups and finally stops giggling. "I think... I think I might..." he lays his head on the table, struggling to keep his eyes open.
Last edited September 13, 2018 2:16 pm

Rolls

Is this really happening? - (1d20+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Sep 13, 2018 2:36 pm
As a toast to his friend, Ug downs the last beer with a flourish. He then picks up the small gnome, and carries him gently out of the bar.

The night has given Ug the two reassurances he needed. He was surrounded by good friends. And he would do anything for them.

After making sure ras is comfortable, Ug turns to the barkeep and says loudly and slightly slurred, that he is looking for a potions master.
Last edited September 14, 2018 4:38 pm

Rolls

For Ras! DC 15 - (1d20+7)

(10) + 7 = 17

And Friends! - (1d20+7)

(8) + 7 = 15

Sep 13, 2018 3:36 pm
Grudgingly, the young goblin begins his trek towards the tower of his master.

"You no fun Mock, me have fun to make, now you tell me to no have fun."

Grumbling to himself, he realizes he is already at the tower. Looking up he remembers the first time he found himself in front of the tower, how nervous he had been walking with the man he would soon call master. He even remembered how much he missed Granny’s owlbear eye soup, which most people would claim is unpalatable, upon eating his first meal with the reclusive wizard.

No longer the tiny two foot tall goblin urchin, one of too many mouths to feed at Granny’s, Dok the Powanog reaches for the door knocker to seek more instruction from his master.

Struggling to reach the knocker, the goblin jumps up and down for a good ten minutes before he gives up and casts Knock on the door, causing the door handle to fly off. A thunderous knocking sound echoes throughout the halls of the tower. Fiddling with the handle the door opens as the goblin manages to reattach the handle to the door.
Last edited September 13, 2018 4:02 pm
Sep 13, 2018 5:29 pm
The tower is different than Dok remembers. The entryway is dark and empty, except for a lamp shining onto an empty chair pushed under a desk. On the desk is a stack of papers, a quill and ink pot alongside.

The first page on top of the pile has writing on it. It says:

Name:______________________

Date:________________________

Year of study:_______________

1. What is the most common supplement component if there are no grasshopper wings at hand?

2. What is the meaning behind the phenomenon "Agannazar's Folly"?

3. Name 3 reasons you must never mix bat guano with dairy products from a stench kow.

4. What is Mordenkainen's middle name?

5. Explain how a transfusion of willowbark and illithid saliva might result in death.

6. Why did Otiluke freeze his spheres?

7. Identify.

8. Why did the cockatrice cross the road?

9. How did the Blood War get its name?

10. What is the circumference of a Snapple Gob?

Upon further investigation, there does not seem to be any other exit from the room.
Sep 13, 2018 5:47 pm
Fergy and Halla search the town, but find no trace of Brother Gus. Wherever he is, he does not seem to be in Kuldahar any longer.
Sep 13, 2018 5:55 pm
The clever goblin takes a moment to think as Mock crawls up and down the paper studying each question carefully.

Dok casts skill empowerment for arcana.
Last edited September 13, 2018 5:56 pm

Rolls

This not me idea of fun (arcana with double proficiency) - (1d20+12)

(7) + 12 = 19

Me no think that right answer Mock! (Islimach helps) - (1d20+12)

(6) + 12 = 18

Sep 13, 2018 9:37 pm
With the help of his enlightened mind (and obnoxious familiar), Dok fills out the pages of the test as fast as he can. Just as he's halfway through the stack of papers, however, the surface of the desk opens to reveal purple teeth that chomp down on the test and nearly close on Dok's fingers.

Chewing the papers up into tiny pieces, the mimic turns on the goblin wizard and his spider.
OOC:
Round 1 Dok Phase!
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3f/91/ed/3f91edf07adb46411daa6313c82a52cc.jpg
Sep 13, 2018 10:34 pm
"Oh no, not again? Me always forget feed desk first."

The goblin wiggles his arms and legs to appease the desk with an interpretive dance of his people. Islimach jumps on his shoulders and starts dancing as well.

Dok casts blur, Islimach helps.
Last edited September 13, 2018 10:55 pm

Rolls

Mehold dance of weenoogies. (Performance) - (1d20+1)

(19) + 1 = 20

Yes Mock, me can dance if me want to. (Islimach helps) - (1d20+1)

(20) + 1 = 21

Sep 13, 2018 10:58 pm
With all the Priests of Ilmater either dead or gone, Fergy takes over the temple. Going over what the priests left behind Fergy cleans up the dead body, pockets valuables, and ministers to the sick. Having found a schedule in a drawer, Fergy even holds a small service in the evening. There he announces the memorial service that will be held for Ferg tomorrow. And that he will be taking over the priests' duties until further notice.

Rolls

Deception - I'm totally a priest guy! - (1d20+8)

(15) + 8 = 23

Sep 14, 2018 12:29 am
Vacation over and dragon heart decision made and followed through, Alalla turns her attention back to Khuldahar and it's people.

"Halla?" Alalla knocks on the door to the druid's home. "It's Al." She backs up and leans on her glaive as she waits for a response.

She is not wearing armour, but with the troubles Kuldahar has had in the past, Al doesn't feel comfortable going about unarmed. Not when so many in the town expect her to protect them.

Colour= "saddlebrown"
Last edited September 14, 2018 12:30 am
Sep 14, 2018 3:08 am
The desk/mimic rotates weirdly, almost as if cocking its head at the motions of goblin and spider. It begins to rock back and forth on its wooden legs, slimy elongated tongue lolling out between its teeth to hang over the edge of the desk.

The mimic happily dances across the room - revealing a lever on the floor. Islimach encourages Dok to pull it, and when he does the far wall slides open to show an ascending staircase.

Ushered on by the spider, Dok climbs the stairs to find the next room. It is filled with live chickens. On the far wall is a door covered in thick iron chains that glow with arcane runes, with a padlock that sports a large keyhole. He gets the feeling that Knock will not work on this door.
Sep 14, 2018 3:20 am
Fergy finds 30 gold pieces in the temple's coffers, as well as decent collection of books on religion and scripture.

Halla lets Fergy know in no uncertain terms that she is onto his game. But since she does not put a lot of stock in gods anyway, she lets him do as he wishes. But if he cheats the people of Kuldahar, she will see him buried in a place that Ras will not be able to find.

All goes well at first. People stop by often to ask about remedies for this or that, for injuries to be mended, crops blessed, loved one side to be protected, neighbors to be gossiped about. They begin to ask for money and means, claiming that with the difficult winter they have run low on food for their families. More come by, asking for advice on every little thing in their lives. Fergy begins to feel accosted when he is about in town, and when he returns to the temple he always finds a line of townsfolk waiting for him. What's more, he is responsible for the care of the boy Jermsy - who is always quick to challenge him on everything possible. One day Fergy arrives at the temple to find the boy has coated the floor with holy water mixed with soap, causing no small amount of injury to the visiting Kuldahari - who the new come to Fergy asking to be healed.

Still, at the end of a few days' labor Fergy finds that the temple has accumulated 10 more gold pieces in donations.
Sep 14, 2018 3:32 am
The door opens to reveal Halla dressed for bed. She blinks wearily, but smiles as she sees Alalla. "Come in, please. I apologize for my attire. I have been scouring the outskirts of town by night, and 'tis tiring work."

The inside of the house seems to have grown a few more branches. A giant tortoise sits with its head stuffed against one wall, legs splayed out behind it. "Do not mind Arvid. He is just passing through."

The druid sits at the table and motions for Al to join her. She tries to stifle a yawn with one hand. "Congratulations again on the wedding. I wish you and the elf many happy memories. How can I be of assistance?"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.