Welcome To Gamma World

load previous
Jan 28, 2016 7:45 am
Psiborn wiggles his mouth appendages again in agreement, then wipes a bit of saliva from his "neck."

"Yes, it is best to fshash the fazdan how the derfoggick lootch." He smacks his lips, his "midriff" undulating. "...that's what we always say."

His grip tightens on his weapon and gestures to the STA door. "Shall we fshash now?"
Last edited January 28, 2016 7:46 am
Jan 29, 2016 5:03 am
"OK. As long as we are in agreement and ready to deal with the blow back."

Opera checks her Nailer and gives orders to Dead Fred to head through the door.
Jan 30, 2016 4:46 pm
Toth takes one last spit into the dirt, before following Dead Fred into the building. "I hate buildings. Means I gots a get close to some people." He primes his spear gun, and makes sure his knife is in hand. He murmurs quietly to himself "One shot and then it might get to close for anything but in your face bloodletting."

He pauses. "Heh. I'm following a zombie into a building."

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+6)

(2) + 6 = 8

Jan 30, 2016 7:24 pm
As Dead Fred grabs the door knob it's clear the entire thing is rusted through. Luckily the door isn't latch and the door creaks noisily open. The hinges spray rust onto the ground as Fred forces the door open enough to get in.

Sterlin follows Fred in and both are enveloped in complete blackness. No external light reaches past the first few steps up. But you find a handful of crudely made, unlit, torches inside. The stairs go up into the darkness.
Jan 30, 2016 7:49 pm
Toth waits for his darkvision to adjust, and then proceeds up. "Torches here ifs you need them, I'll range ahead a bit but not too far," he whispers behind.
Feb 2, 2016 3:34 pm
As Toth bursts in he proceeds up into the darkness.

PhantomNimbus sent a note to Qralloq
[ passing note to Sterlin ]
Feb 2, 2016 4:57 pm
Psibocorn steps in, lights a torch, and then looks sadly at his string of Christmas lights again. Someday...someday we'll find an outlet so I can plug these things in...

Then he proceeds up the stairs after Toth and the Zombie (which was, loosely translated, pretty much the name of a buddy cop vidshow back on his home planet around the time he was spawned. "Toth and the Zombie" was top of the vidcharts for a record-breaking 11 seasons - about 115 years, Earth time. One year, Psibocorn binge-streamed the show).
Feb 2, 2016 5:34 pm
As Psibocorn lights up his torch the glow of light illuminates up the stairwell and you hear a skittering noise further up the stairwell.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Feb 3, 2016 7:56 am
Falling in behind the others, Opera folds her wings around her waist, making a soft swishing sound of feathers on the floor. She steps lightly to maintain some level of stealth. Squinting through the light of the alien's torch, Opera peers into the darkness :::low-light vision:::

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(1) + 5 = 6

Stealth - (1d20+5)

(9) + 5 = 14

Feb 3, 2016 2:28 pm
"In the darkness it skitters. Watch for fourth reich rats, there, Dead Fred," Toth says as he begins to ascend as far as he can.
Feb 3, 2016 2:40 pm
Moving silently in with the group Opera doesn't see much, but gets a warning from Toth about the skittering sound you can hear in the darkness of the stairwell.

As the group ascends the stair well they get up about 4 floors before the stairs have crumbled up the next few floors. There is another rusty metal door on the landing here that leads into the interior of the building.

The scuttling sound can still be heard in the darkness of the stairwell, but whatever is moving around manages to stay out of the line of sight of the group. You only see quick dark darting shapes when the light of the torch moves to a new area.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Feb 4, 2016 12:43 am
"Dang it all, that torch will be the death of us." Toth creeps farther trying to stay out of the light so he can see properly, and maybe see what is in the dark. "I'm an idiot, Dead Fred he mumbles to himself. When he gets to the rusty metal door, he tests it and then tries to open it, hoping to do so in a way that doesn't result in a horrendous shriek of screaming metal.

Rolls

Stealthily open the rusty door - (1d20+6)

(2) + 6 = 8

Feb 4, 2016 6:49 pm
As you try and wrench the door open the wail of the rusted metal scraping open fills the stairwell in a loud echo. As you are trying to pull it open with some effort the gentle skittering you have heard just out of sight swells louder. The walls seem to crawl with black shapes that flood into the torchlight. They start to swarm near the door.
OOC:
Toth will need to make a Dex saving throw.
Feb 4, 2016 9:06 pm
Swarmed!

Rolls

Dex save - (1d20+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

Feb 5, 2016 2:29 pm
As the wail of the door aggravates the swarm of shapes Toth is surprised by one that drops down and lands around his shoulders. It's a 2 foot long centipede with large snapping mandibles. It takes a surprise bite at Toth.
OOC:
Everyone should roll an initiative roll. There are about 3 large grouping of these centipedes that are swarming around this stairwell.
Enemies:
Swarm of Centipedes 1: 0 dmg
Swarm of Centipedes 2: 0 dmg
Swarm of Centipedes 3: 0 dmg

Rolls

Bite! - (1d20+4)

(14) + 4 = 18

Damage from Bite - (1d4+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Swarm Intiative Roll - (1d20+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Feb 5, 2016 4:38 pm
Toth drops the speargun to dangle on its shoulder string, and draws his filleting knife.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+4)

(12) + 4 = 16

Feb 5, 2016 9:25 pm
Opera tries to take wing in the (probably)narrow stairwell and draws her nailer, not that it will be much help against these bugs.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Feb 8, 2016 3:55 pm
Psibocorn recoils and instinctively rewinds time a few moments. The centipedes on Toth rise back up into the wall, and then time begins to move forward again. Knowing what's about to happen, the alien draws his natase and blasts a centipede swarm with his Deadly Eye Ray as it appears. Unfortunately, his own torch blinds him a bit, and the Eye Ray fires later than he'd like.
OOC:
Note that Psibocorn's passive Timewalker ability means that Toth, just in front of him on the stairs and within 30', is immune to surprise. This is my narrative description of that effect, which makes it sound more active than it is. But my initiative roll puts my attack action after the centipedes nevertheless.
Last edited February 8, 2016 3:57 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

Deadly Eye Ray, necrotic damage on hit - (1d20+6, 2d6)

1d20+6 : (18) + 6 = 24

2d6 : (13) = 4

Feb 8, 2016 7:57 pm
OOC:
Toth will actually go first since he is no longer hit by the surprise round and the initiative of the Centipedes is slower than his. So Toth is up first, and has now not been attacked by a centipede swarm, so the swarms will go next.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.