The Severed Hand

load previous
Nov 2, 2018 5:58 pm
Within the room, Rat-Ras and Fergy see more of the same. Chairs, a bar and stools, and a hearth, all in decent condition. There are several doors, presumably leading to a kitchen, or perhaps some bedrooms.

It takes them a moment to notice the faint outline of a small figure. Once they become aware of the specter, it glides hesitantly closer. Translucent features form, showing the eyes, pointed ears, and hair of a young elven girl. She watches the two heroes with wide eyes.
Nov 2, 2018 6:02 pm
Ras slowly backs away from the girl and goes back through the hole. Turning back into a gnome, he tells the group what he's seen.

He feels a little bad about leaving Fergy behind, but he knows the dwarf can take care of himself. Most of the time. Maybe just sometimes. He seriously considers sending Al or Ug in to rescue Fergy.
Nov 2, 2018 6:07 pm
Fergy approaches the figure and waves cheerfully.

"Hello! I'm Fergy, would you like to be friends?"

Rolls

Charisma baby! - (1d20+9)

(6) + 9 = 15

Nov 2, 2018 11:54 pm
The girl waves shyly, then warms up to Fergy's cheerful demeanor. "Hi! My name's Sehriya. Mommy says not to talk to Dwarfs, but you look nice." The small ghost looks around. "Have you seen her? Mommy?"
Nov 3, 2018 12:13 am
"Sehriya, that's a pretty name. I'm not sure if I've seen your mother out there. I did meet a few nice individuals. What's her name? And what does she look like?
Last edited November 3, 2018 12:26 am
Nov 3, 2018 12:59 am
The girl looks disappointed, but then shrugs and begins hopping about, landing on one foot and then the other, ephemeral wisps trailing behind her. "She looks just like me, but her hair's longer. But don't worry, she'll come back. She promised." She looks back at Fergy. "We could play a game while we wait! Do you know any games?"
Nov 3, 2018 1:04 am
Whispering, Fergy continues the conversation. "Of course I do. Games are my favorite! This is a pretty fun one, it's called prank your friends. Want to help me play a joke on them? I'll cast a spell to make it look like we are fighting. You just make some scary noises and fly back around ok?"
Nov 3, 2018 1:07 am
"You have friends?" She sounds absolutely delighted. "Okay! They can play too!" She begins to run around the room and wave her arms, giggling.
Nov 3, 2018 1:13 am
Chuckling, Fergy casts minor illusion. Running around too there are flashes of light, screams, and other battle noises.

"Ah! Help, help! I'm being attacked by a very scary girl."

Then Fergy casts message at Ras and let's him in on the game and to act scared, and not hurt the girl.
Last edited November 3, 2018 1:17 am
Nov 3, 2018 2:00 am
Alalla curses when Fergy doesn't follow Ras back out the hole, then again when the sounds of fighting start. She grits her teeth and makes a quick decision.

"Stand your ground. Fergy's curiosity is not worth your lives." She stands tall and looks at the party as though she expects to be obeyed, but braces for the backlash from her friends.
Last edited November 3, 2018 2:01 am
Nov 3, 2018 1:37 pm
"So we let friend fight alone?!" Ug growls, but holds himself back for the moment. "Does Al lead all or only some friends?" he says the second part more quietly.
Nov 3, 2018 3:14 pm
"I lead all," Alalla replies, holding back her own growl. He isn't an orc to be postured at. By the abyss, she is slipping. "I must think of all your lives, which is why I say to stay. Fergy knows the danger here and acted without care for himself or others. I'm not willing to see how many of us must die before he learns what his own death should have taught him already."
Last edited November 3, 2018 3:20 pm
Nov 3, 2018 3:43 pm
"And if friend Al were in there? Or friend erevain? Ug emphasizes the last name. "Ug let Nessa friend die once." he says solemnly. "Even if Al make mistake, Ug would help." Ug still holds back, following Als original order, but keeps an intense eye contact with her.
Nov 3, 2018 3:50 pm
Ras rolls his eyes at Fergy's antics. "Ok guys, he's playing a trick on us." He explains what Fergy told him. He smiles. "Maybe we should give him a taste of his own medicine. Suggestions?"
Nov 3, 2018 4:07 pm
Maybe he does need to be postured at like an orc. Al stares back. "If it were Erevain, or you, the danger would be genuine, and not brought about by stupidity and lack of concern for the safety of others. We came for you when you made mistakes, but you've learned, and this isn't an error. Fergy is deliberately risking our lives for a game, and this isn't the first time.

Now stand your ground. Am I your leader or a figurehead?"
Al looks away to let him chew on that, and turns to Ras.

"We need to move on. Any moment something can jump out and eat us. Let's leave him. He'll catch up when he's bored."
Last edited November 3, 2018 4:10 pm
Nov 3, 2018 4:15 pm
Ras thinks for a moment. He doesn't like the idea of leaving Fergy behind, but Fergy was kind of asking for it. "If the girl is friendly, maybe she can help us? A useful friend would not be a terrible idea in this place." He shudders slightly, looking back toward the oozing walls. "Besides, we might need our healer later. Especially if I keep almost dying."
Nov 3, 2018 4:28 pm
Ug sighs tiredly as he hears Ras explain the stupid game and then shrugs to Al as if to say "your call then leader"
Last edited November 3, 2018 4:29 pm
Nov 3, 2018 4:31 pm
Alalla peers through the hole. "The ghost is just playing... It looks like Fergy got lucky. If this place is untouched and the girl is friendly, then maybe we can rest here." Alalla stands and leans on her glaive with an internal sigh. That awful dwarf is going to be so smug. He got his game and I've burned Ug's support.
Last edited November 3, 2018 4:34 pm
Nov 3, 2018 7:19 pm
With Ras' help, the remaining rubble is cleared away enough to allow the rest of the companions through and into the common room.

Seeing all of the party gathered together, Sehriya stops her running and claps her little hands for joy - though this makes no sound. "More friends! Mommy will be so happy for me when she comes back. She loves it when people come visit. We always make sure everything is nice and clean when guests arrive. It's the best place to stay!" The small elf girl points out the kitchen an de rooms. "Mommy's a great cook, and we have the softest beds! You'll like it here."
Nov 3, 2018 7:34 pm
Fergy abruptly stops running around screaming for help and grins broadly at his group. "Nice you could all make it. I found a good resting area. Our pretty little hostess here likes games. Anyone care for a hide-and-seek while Ras makes his delicious and famous every-herb chicken?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.