Chapter 8: The Wormwrithings

load previous
Jun 21, 2019 9:15 am
Melpomene winces at the phrase "one of you", but quietly stands and dusts off her skirts.
Jun 21, 2019 11:36 pm
"We got everything we need here, then?" Sarith asks, avoiding looking at where Hunter died at.
Jun 22, 2019 1:22 am
"Yes," Mai'ngor says, hefting the sack with the eyeballs in it, "we just need to shelter somewhere and regain our strength."
Jun 22, 2019 6:21 am
Elayna sheepishly admits while indicating the gory sack, "Sorry, Sarith. I used your cloak for the eyes. Maybe we'll ask that Vezrin guy if he has a wash basin, and I'll clean it up for you."
Jun 23, 2019 10:49 pm
Melpomene suggests, "I can make our shelter, as always. We shall be safe within. Once we wake, perhaps we should see if this evil creature had hoarded its treasure hereabouts. We have paid a high price, and if we are to have any hope of bringing her back someday, we will need treasure of some worth."
OOC:
Once we figure out where we want to rest, I will case Leomund's Tiny Hut.
Jun 24, 2019 8:37 am
"Agreed."
OOC:
Yeah I tried not to make Mai'ngor sound too greedy but I definitely want to loot this Karazikar's lair. In 3 decades of playing this game I'd never fought a beholder before!
Last edited June 24, 2019 8:37 am
Jun 24, 2019 11:56 am
Xeliss nods.
OOC:
Yup and it turns out they’re nasty creatures...
Jun 24, 2019 7:17 pm
Sarith waves away Elayna's concern for his cloak, "Don't worry about it," he says, "I'm sure I'll get along fine without it."

The monstrous companions you've found are forced to stay outside of Melpomene's magical shelter and by the time you wake up once more, most of them have scattered.

You take your time to search the lair of Karazikar and, after a few hours of searching, find his treasure hoard:
[ +- ] Treasure
OOC:
Rolled on the treasure hoard tables. Didn't do too bad!
Jun 27, 2019 4:42 pm
Elayna looks at the piles of coin with wide eyes. "How are we going to carry all of that?"
Jun 27, 2019 11:24 pm
Melpomene smiles gently, holds up her bag. "By bringing a purse that magically connects to an interdimensional space, naturally."
OOC:
Yay for Bag of Holding!
Jun 28, 2019 3:38 am
Mai'ngor isn't interested in the money. He does study the ring, the stone, and the figurine.
OOC:
How do you wanna split these? Maybe you three shoul deach get one. I've already got Sinag aka Dawnbringer.
Last edited July 8, 2019 9:49 pm
Jun 28, 2019 8:59 pm
Elayna's eyes gaze upon Melpomene's bag in awe. "I have to get one of those," she says quietly.
Jun 29, 2019 2:10 am
It takes a while, but you are able to gather all of the treasures into Melpomene's bag. How do you wish to split up the other loot?
Jun 29, 2019 5:13 am
Elayna steps back, allowing the others first choice of the treasure.
Jul 3, 2019 4:38 pm
When the ring is handed to Sarith, he looks at it for a moment and then presses it into Elayna's hand, "Take this," he says.
Jul 3, 2019 4:47 pm
Elayna tries to press it back. "I can't," she says. "I... I didn't do anything. To help."
Jul 3, 2019 4:51 pm
Sarith shakes his head and folds Elayna's fingers over it, "I won't take no for an answer," he says. Suddenly, he realizes that everyone is watching and takes an uncomfortable step back and tries to look nonchalant.
Jul 3, 2019 5:31 pm
Elayna opens her mouth, but instead nods and acquiesces. She slips the ring onto her finger and stares at it for a long while, before clenching her hand into a fist. Her eyes grow hard for a moment, and she gathers up the sack of beholder eyeballs to portage the gruesome cargo.
Jul 8, 2019 9:47 pm
Taking your hard-won prizes (the eye of the beholder and the purple worm egg), you begin the long trek back to Vizeran's tower. Partway through the journey, those who joined your travels from the beholder's lair split off and go their own way.

When you return, the door opens of its own accord and you head into Vizeran's sitting room, "So you've returned," he says, "Did you get the objects I asked for?"
Jul 8, 2019 9:53 pm
Mai'ngor tosses the sack of eyes on the floor. He's more careful with the worm eggs. He struggles to quell angry thoughts he's been harboring the whole trip back. "Those cost us dearly," is all the tikbalang says.
load next

Thread locked