Chapter 8: The Wormwrithings

load previous
Oct 16, 2018 5:24 am
"I see your 5 gold and raise you another 5. He's getting caught, and we'll have to debate whether or not to rescue him."
OOC:
I thought the prisoner was also a troglodyte?
Oct 16, 2018 2:06 pm
OOC:
The prisoner is a troglodyte. It does seem out of character for Sarith to go out of his way to save a monster...
Oct 16, 2018 4:44 pm
"Wait, you're betting 10 gold that we're going to debate rescuing Sarith?" Hunter asks, for clarification. She peers through the darkness at the tikbalang. "That seems rather unfair."
Oct 16, 2018 4:47 pm
Mai'ngor gives Hunter a sidelong glance, unsure if she's jesting.
Oct 16, 2018 5:14 pm
Hunter seems serious about the bet. "Anyone else? What about you dwarves?"
Oct 17, 2018 3:40 am
"Wait. Do we want him to be caught or not?" Xeliss glances between Mai'ngor and Hunter, unsure which bet is more secure and wondering if interfering would nullify either bet.
Oct 22, 2018 4:38 pm
The dwarves look toward the drow with obvious disgust, "Well... we ain't got no money..." the obvious leader says with a shrug, then turns to Hunter, "How can ye stand to have that... thing tag along?".

As you watch, Sarith moves silently behind the nearest troglodyte, which has its back turned. With one swift motion, he expertly reaches up, clamps a hand over its mouth and draws a dagger across its throat. It makes not a sound as he lowers it to the ground, vocal cords severed.

Moving further up, to where the prisoner is, Sarith motions for it to be silent and cuts its bonds. He slowly begins leading the creature down the rise when one of the guards begins turning to check on the prisoner.
Oct 22, 2018 5:17 pm
From her crouch, Hunter subtly extends her pointer finger over towards the large group of troglodytes by the river, then curls her finger in like a hook. A loose stone near the group flies towards the turning guard, seeking to strike or distract them by originating from the direction of the standoff.
OOC:
Spending 1 sorcery point for Distant Spell to double the range of Catapult.
[ +- ] Catapult
[ +- ] Distant Spell

Rolls

Catapult bludgeoning damage, DC 17 to avoid - (3d8)

(367) = 16

Wild Magic! - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Sleight of Hand to avoid anyone noticing her manipulation of the bet - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Wild Magic Surge! - (1d100)

(49) = 49

Oct 23, 2018 3:28 pm
Hunter's hurled rock sails through the air and smashes one of the trogs on the north side of the stream in the face and the creature screams. Both sides screech and the tentative truce is broken as both sides crash across the stream and begin fighting brutally. One of the trogs that you see has a beautiful sword in hand and he uses it to slice through his foes with abandon.

Sarith takes the chance that's been offered and continues leading the prisoner away, boosting her up the incline when he gets there. With some help, both he and the prisoner trog are atop the incline. Seeing the prisoner up close, you realize that this trog is female. She is dazed, but appears mostly unharmed. She looks very confused.

Sarith stands and dusts himself off looking directly at Elayna, who looks at him and smiles. He nods at her without any expression and moves to watch the battle unfold.

Naatkinson sent a note to CancerMan
Oct 23, 2018 4:11 pm
Hunter opens her mouth as if to scold Sarith and wonder why he took the risk... but all that comes out are pink-colored bubbles the bloop and pop as they rise into the air. She quickly closes her mouth with her hand, eyes wide and wondering who else might have noticed.
Oct 23, 2018 11:41 pm
Melpomene frowns at this exchange, confused about the motivation of the young woman.

Rolls

Perception to see if she notices the bubbles - (1d20+5)

(16) + 5 = 21

Oct 24, 2018 1:06 am
Melpomene definitely sees the strange bubbles emerge from Hunter's mouth.
Oct 24, 2018 7:05 am
Realizing he hasn't got 10gp on him, Mai'ngor hands Hunter one of the gems he took from the treasure chest. He doesn't bat an eyelash st the bubbles coming out of her mouth.

He turns to Sarith, "What the hell was that all about? Who is this she-trog?"
Oct 24, 2018 3:42 pm
Hunter silently takes the gem without argument.
Oct 24, 2018 7:48 pm
Sarith shrugs and turns away, "Ask her," he says, waving toward Elayna, "She's the one who thought it was important."

Elayna is blushing, "I..." she starts, but then stops and shakes her hear, "I guess... I just know what it's like to be trapped and it really hurt me to see her like that..."

The female trog looks very confused and slightly afraid, eyes flicking between all of you in rapid succession. She doesn't look like she understands what's being said.
Oct 24, 2018 9:00 pm
Another bubble pops out of Hunter's mouth, before she purses her lips and rubs her temple.
Oct 25, 2018 11:34 pm
Melpomene gives Hunter a concerned look, but says nothing. She turns to Elayna to ask, "And now?"
Oct 26, 2018 4:23 am
Xeliss climbs back onto the Shield Guardian. "We gonna keep standing around here or what? Hunter?"
Oct 26, 2018 1:24 pm
"I don't know..." Elayna says, trying hard to think, "Does anyone speak her language?" she asks, looking around the group.

In the background, you still hear the screams of the fighting troglodytes and the occasional scream when one is mortally wounded.
Oct 26, 2018 4:37 pm
Bubble, says Hunter with a shrug.
load next

Thread locked