Site downtime

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Nov 1, 2018 4:10 pm
Yes it seems much better today. Thanks for whatever you did.
Nov 1, 2018 4:33 pm
Anyone else feel like the Latest Posts feature seems off? Or just me?
Nov 1, 2018 4:34 pm
I have been posting a lot with my group. It does look like there are very few other posts though....
Last edited November 1, 2018 4:48 pm
Nov 1, 2018 4:53 pm
Thanks so much Keleth - The site's not only fixed, but much, much faster now. I don't really check the latest posts feature that often, however. Nonetheless, thanks for all the hard work you put in to this place.
Nov 1, 2018 4:53 pm
TY for the work on the site. I was having the same problem. Could the issue have been some sort of DoS attack?
Nov 1, 2018 4:59 pm
Sycophant says:
TY for the work on the site. I was having the same problem. Could the issue have been some sort of DoS attack?
Nope, terrible queries on my part.
Nov 1, 2018 5:04 pm
Keleth says:
Just did a quick check vs the forums list for the 20+ games I'm in, and the Latest Posts list seems consistent.
Nov 1, 2018 5:12 pm
Keleth says:
I can't access it at all on my mobile device (Android 9), however I can on my Surface Pro...

Here's what my mobile screen looks like when I try to go to Latest Posts (the full/expanded link list)...

https://imgur.com/I9zunhV.jpg
Last edited November 1, 2018 5:14 pm
Nov 1, 2018 5:16 pm
Qralloq says:
... the 20+ games I'm in...
Don't want to derail the thread but, can we all just take a minute to say, "😃😮😲😵🤯"
Last edited November 1, 2018 5:17 pm
Nov 1, 2018 5:19 pm
I fourth that, the site is working wonderfully now! Did you end up having to hire someone?

Edit: when i say i fourth that, i mean that when i pressed latest posts it took me to the first page, and i didnt see the second until i posted.
Last edited November 1, 2018 5:21 pm
Nov 1, 2018 5:25 pm
emsquared: Can you try clearing your cache? Not sure how you're getting that message, but seems like somehow you're hitting a file directly.

Filthy_Casual: No, didn't end up hiring someone. I got a bunch of help from ConstableBrew though.
Nov 1, 2018 5:28 pm
And thank you btw! IT is running great now!
Nov 1, 2018 5:43 pm
Keleth says:
emsquared: Can you try clearing your cache? Not sure how you're getting that message, but seems like somehow you're hitting a file directly.
Just tried it, doesn't seem to have changed anything.

Its one of several weirdnesses going on for me. I get a similar looking page if I click the Forums tabs, and when I click the The Gamers tab I see no users at all just the checkbox to Show Inactive Users. And in general I just have to be kind of particular how I navigate to posts (I can't use the "go to most recent post" arrow for any thread, I have to click the page number, and scroll down) as I'll run into that code wall at various junctures.

Can't imagine I'm the only Android 9 user here though, so it seems like it must be my specific device, I guess.

It's been going on since the Oct. 11 update, so I've developed work arounds for myself, and it's not something I'd want you to worry about for my sake.
Last edited November 1, 2018 5:44 pm
Nov 1, 2018 5:43 pm
Thank you, Keleth and ConstableBrew, for your great efforts!
Nov 1, 2018 5:54 pm
emsquared says:
It's been going on since the Oct. 11 update, so I've developed work arounds for myself, and it's not something I'd want you to worry about for my sake.
Yah, can't replicate on my phone (Samsung S9+), but I'll keep thinking on it. It's a really weird one, and potentially a security hole.
Nov 1, 2018 7:51 pm
Incidentally, during downtime we have been hanging out on Discord. Good place to get in touch if this happens again.

https://discordapp.com/invite/Z7rDyKb
Nov 1, 2018 8:37 pm
Ya know Knife, i tried posting that Monday/Tuesday when the site was kinda working, but it didnt post. :( but thank you for putting that up here i didnt think about it again until now :P
Nov 2, 2018 12:08 am
I've never seen the site run so fast! You must really have those hamsters running fast!

Keleth, if you ever need anything (I'm an idiot with computers), but I'm thinking $$ -- you've have A LOT of folks on here who will gladly support you however you need.
Nov 2, 2018 12:09 am
Thank you Keleth. The site works better than ever before.
Nov 2, 2018 12:24 am
This site is working amazing right now... good job all.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.