"Steve," Orninoh, Torhaa, and Vakim

load previous
Nov 8, 2015 6:39 pm
Let's have 2 purple piloting(Planetary)
Nov 8, 2015 8:16 pm
"This One does not have any Piloting Protocols installed, This One will have to makes careful calculations." Steve grabs a hold of the steering mechanism and activates the overload.

OOC: man these rolls of mine are killing me hahaha
Last edited November 8, 2015 8:17 pm

Rolls

4 intelligence, for piloting speeder to ship.

1 Success, 2 Advantage, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 1 Advantage

Nov 10, 2015 1:39 am
The speeder shoots off toward the damaged ship, but Steve has gotten the angle a bit off and goes about 3 feet over the surface.

a 2 purple Coordination or Athletics now.
Nov 10, 2015 3:57 am
"This One seems to be haveing a malfunction in it's processing core. This One will schedule Maintenance."

Rolls

2 agility i am guessing for the coordinatipn, leet me know if it is something else please.

3 Success, 1 Advantage, 3 Failure

Total: 1 Advantage

Nov 12, 2015 3:15 am
IN SPACE
As Steve once again misses getting back onto the ship, he sees another ship exiting hyperspace.

ON BOARD THE FREIGHTER
After a day of uneventful flight through hyperspace, alarms suddenly begin sounding through the ship as it drops back to real space. The hyperdrive gives a weak whine, then a loud grinding before going completely silent. All around you asteroids crash, going this way and that.

I'll need a 2 purple piloting to get out of the asteroids from Torhaa.
Nov 12, 2015 5:53 am
Noticing the new ship coming out of hyperspace, and again, missing the High Roller in an attempt to gain back entrance, decides to get out his Heavy Blaster Pistol and shoots across the ship but not on it to gain it's attention in a Binary code pattern.

Binary Code: This One requests assistance. High Roller taken damage. Fleshy Master Captain Owen, status unknown.

"This one is dis-pleased with it's last Fleshy Master, for it did not install any piloting protocols. Ah. Another ship. This One might be able to gain it's attention."
Nov 12, 2015 8:10 am
"It can't be straightforward, can it? Not once." I grumble to myself as I steer hard to clear the asteroids and minimize the damage to the ship.

Rolls

Piloting (Space) (4 Agility, 3 Skill)

6 Success, 3 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 1 Threat

Nov 12, 2015 3:52 pm
OOC: Am I a passenger on Torhaa's ship? Or a different ship?
Nov 12, 2015 7:26 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
OOC: Am I a passenger on Torhaa's ship? Or a different ship?
Both you and Vakim are on board Torhaa's ship.
Nov 12, 2015 8:17 pm
A man pokes his head into the cockpit of the freighter. He is disheveled, dark of hair and complexion, with handlebar mustaches surrounded by a field of several day's stubble and greasy shoulder length hair poking out from the back of his wide brimmed hat. He is sporting a long leather duster and an inquisitive expression. Its likely, as we don't seem to know one another, that you would know him by the name Ban Sarn.

"Uh, say there good buddy, the hyperdrive is making some bad noises. I know my way around an engine a bit, want me to give 'er a look-see?" He apparently doesn't notice the wild maneuvers Torhaa is making to avoid the asteroids. He seems calm as if they were parked planetside.
Nov 12, 2015 8:26 pm
I wince a little at the suggestion. I was lucky to secure the Afterburn, and lucky I had the competence to make a few minor tweaks to the weaponry to suit me tastes. While I've only had the ship for a long enough to pick up a few stragglers and line up some work, I was becoming fond of her quirks. On the other hand, while I can fix a ship I've come to think that's mostly a knack and not any real skill.

"Sure. You wreck 'er and you're payin' for the engine upgrade."
Last edited November 12, 2015 8:29 pm
Nov 12, 2015 8:45 pm
"Hey, sure thing ol' buddy. But if I fix 'er, I ain't payin' for m'passage then eh?" The man you know as Ban Sarn winks and closes the cockpit door without waiting for a response.

Vakim heads back to the engine room to assess the damage.
Nov 13, 2015 12:54 am
Torhaa manages to pilot the ship through to the other side of the field where in the distance you see a ship which has been smashed by asteroids. Floating nearby there seems to be a droid firing small arms at you rhythmically.
Nov 13, 2015 7:49 am
I hit the comms, "We're going to make a brief stop. Looks like someone got bashed up by the asteroids, might be that they need help." or, might be that they're dead, and I can help myself to their supplies, I think to myself. As I steer towards the bashed ship, I use the ships scanners to try and assess the damage, and lifeforms, on the ship.

"Also, there seems to be a malfunctioning droid out there. Might scoop it up if someone thinks they can fix it."
Nov 15, 2015 1:26 am
The damage on the other ship is extensive. The engines are blown and the cockpit is completely gone. There scans don't pick up any life signs, though there looks to be numerous cargo containers floating around the ship.

Down in the engine room, the hyperdrive is not doing well. It looks like it was held together with string and good wishes to start with, but after being pulled out of hyperspace it over heated and fried some components.
it'll be a 3 purple 1 red Mechanics to get is working enough to get to your destination. After that it'll take quite a few new parts to get some resemblance of reliability out of it.
Nov 15, 2015 8:55 am
I hit the comm again, "This ship out there is in rough shape. Might be would could salvage some of it, if the engine needs it. At least, I'm going to try and scoop up the droid and the cargo. Anyone want to head out there and push the goods in?" In any case, I slowly maneuver the ship closer to the targets.

Not sure what options there are for dragging stuff in. Could a tractor beam work for this?
Last edited November 15, 2015 5:24 pm
Nov 15, 2015 3:35 pm
Yes, as it turns out, the ship you bought has a small tractor beam for scavenging.
Nov 15, 2015 5:06 pm
A bewildered voice clicks onto the comm line, "My apologies sir I seem to have gotten caught up on my inventory and managed to do something careless that made me take a nap... Anyway you stated there was a ship out there in rough shape? If there aren't any survivors but a droid I guess we can assist and take on the droid, the cargo and maybe some parts... unless the Droid is the cause... I really don't want to be dead or left floating in limbo." a middle aged gentlemen explained before taking to a dark viewpoint.

(OoC: Been out of state and forgot to my books to finish up my character, I'm done with that, back home, and volunteering to assist. No injured yet to work on)
Nov 15, 2015 5:47 pm
I use the tractor beam to, first, pull in the droid, and then to pull in as much of the free-floating cargo as I can
Nov 15, 2015 9:56 pm
As the small pit droid enters the ship you see it wearing a child sized overalls with the name "Steve" stenciled on the from.

"This One is grateful to these new Fleshy Masters. But Fleshy Master Owen is still aboard the High Roller. This One must activate Maintenance Mode to repair the new damage to the ship. This One was in Maintenance Mode when High Roller was hit by asteroids and pulled out of the Engine Room. This One was unable to reach the Cockpit, or attach This One to the inside. And the original Fleshy Master did not install any Piloting protocols..."

Steve puts his Heavy Blaster pistol away in its holster on his back an will assist with securing the High Roller.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.