"Steve," Orninoh, Torhaa, and Vakim

load previous
Nov 15, 2015 11:11 pm
Blinking several times after the droid made it onto the ship Orninoh though it was an old little droid. Granted he did let them know there was someone injured aboard the other ship still and he might still be alive. They'd need to move if they wanted to keep him that way though. "Huh... well our mechanical boardee explained the situation, the other ship called "High Roller" was hit by asteroids. He was in the Engine Room in Maintenance when he was pulled out of the ship from collisions. If we can find the cockpit we might be able to save him... Cargo doesn't have as quick of an expiration date though so... if you didn't want him to die... I can assist in such things once we have him inside." he stated over his commlink. His first instinct was to help people in need even now... If the person piloting didn't deem it a necessity over the goods he could plead with him but ultimately it wasn't up to Orninoh. Although he deeply believed life to be sacred in many occasional not everyone shared the sentiment.

Waiting to see what he'd need to do, if they were moving to grab and drag in the cockpit he'd need to run and get his medpac. Cargo lugging rarely needed it but a person with holes in them definitely would.
Nov 15, 2015 11:18 pm
"Aye. I'm always keen to take on a few more stragglers." I turn on the scanner, but direct it towards the debris field, looking for any sign of life. If I find it, I'll use the tractor beam to drag the cockpit into the cargo bay, before returning my attention to collecting the cargo.
Nov 16, 2015 3:47 am
On coms from the engine room,"Say fellas, what sorta droid we got up there? This hyperdrive is a real mess! I'm workin' on it, but if I can't make some magic happen, a mechanic droid may come in handy."

Rolls

Mechanics check (Int 3, 1 Rank)

2 Success, 3 Advantage, 6 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 3 Threat

Nov 16, 2015 7:58 am
Hearing the message over the coms, "Steve" goes to communications terminal and replies, "This One will go to the engine room and activate Maintenance Mode to assist the Fleshy Master.".

"Steve" turns towards the others in the Cargo Hold and says, "This One has specific protocols installed to assist in repairs. Please let This One know if the High Roller can be repaired, or salvages. And if Fleshy Master Owen is located."

And with that, "Steve" goes to the Engine Room and with only a "Activate Maintenance Mode" gets to work on the engine.

OOC: i had to resubmit this reply as for some reason it did show my mechanic rolls, not sure what happened.
Last edited November 16, 2015 7:59 am

Rolls

4 int, 4 mech roll for repair

3 Success, 3 Advantage, 7 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 4 Threat

Nov 17, 2015 3:39 am
With the sensors more focused, Torhaa is able to pick up a faint life-sign and pulls a human male into the cargo bay with the tractor beam.

As Vakim and Steve work on the hyperdrive, they have to climb all over it and work at strange angles, but are eventually rewarded with the sound of it humming back to life. It work leaves hem tired and covered in grease
You two take a strain for each threat you ended up with.
Nov 17, 2015 8:05 am
"I think I found the pilot. Orninoh, he's in the cargo bay." As the engine hums back to life I hit the comms again, "She's alive! SHE'S ALIVE! Whatever you've done, you've got her back online."
Nov 17, 2015 12:22 pm
With the remnants of the cockpit and pilot inside the cargo hold Orninoh unslung the backpack. With the ship humming into life he moved with practiced precision as soon as the cargo babe was locked down and became a workable environment. He'd turn on the grav stretcher and hold the patient was not a large guy as he pulled him from the wreckage onto the stretcher pulling it away from the wreckage and pulled the datapad and went into a full body scan to assess what he needed for triage.

(OoC: Getting him into an area where I can work on him if he's not dead, also to assess wounds so I know the difficulty dice for a medicine roll and how many critical injuries he has so I can check off and prioritize threat to patient on the usual standard life, limb, eyesight.)
Last edited November 17, 2015 12:23 pm
Nov 17, 2015 2:14 pm
Vakim looks over at "Steve". "Well now, not the smoothest operation I've seen, but that's good work! Ain't seen a pit droid in a long time." He holds out his hand to shake, "Names Ban Sarn. Pleasure to meetcha."
Nov 17, 2015 5:17 pm
"Steve" looks over at Ban and says, "This One is pleased to know this new Fleshy Master Ban appreciates the maintenance protocols installed. This One will now go the Cargo Bay."

Before "Steve" leaves the Engine Room, he will use his climbing gear to climb around the ship room in order to pat Ban on the head and then walk on the ceiling towards the Cargo Bay to see if the others were able to retrieve Owen.
Last edited November 18, 2015 7:02 am
Nov 17, 2015 5:51 pm
Orninoh is able to get the human out of the tangled mess of the cockpit and into the small and poorly equipped medbay.

OOC: It'll be a 2 purple 1 red medicine check
Nov 17, 2015 6:02 pm
Orninoh sighed to himself. Looking through the medical datapad it was bad, and he had seen men and women beaten to death to put back in an arena. Being a doctor wasn't for the squimish though as he studied the digital records.

[i]Time to get to work...[/I] he thought to himself.

(OoC: Medical check Bonus from Surgeon Rank 2 I heal 2 Extra Wounds to the patient. Resolve I ignore one point of strain I take from the action, and the EMC 598 Medpack gives me a Boost Dice plus decreases the difficulty of any medical checks to heal critical wounds, you didn't say there was a critical wound to heal so I don't think it applies.)

Edit: Healing 1(+2) = 3 wounds and 2 strain... guess he's a bleeder XD
Last edited November 17, 2015 6:08 pm

Rolls

Medicine Check (R3 Int 3) + Bonus from Surgeon R2 and EMC Medpac

3 Success, 3 Advantage, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 2 Advantage

Nov 19, 2015 1:07 am
Orninoh manages to get the man stabilized. He'll make it till you get to Corellia, but he's not likely to wake up during that time. He needs to get to a hospital to recover and be monitored better than what you can do with the equipment here.
Nov 19, 2015 1:42 am
Pulling off bloodied gloves Orninoh got onto his commlink. "He'll live... but a hospital with Bacta Tanks for a full recovery if he wants to be awake and talking at least but probably more if he's lucky... Sooo... Cargo?" he stated moving back to the cargo bay rolling a shoulder before getting suited up.
Last edited November 19, 2015 1:42 am
Nov 19, 2015 3:09 am
The cargo bay is a mess at the moment. While it tractor beam was pulling in the cargo, it also pulled in what seems to be half a ship's worth of scrap. It takes a bit if digging, but Orninoh manages to free one of he cargo containers. When he pries it open, he discovers it is filled to the brim with glitterspice.
Nov 19, 2015 3:45 am
"Steve" walks in to the Medical Bay and looks in on Owen. "Fleshy Master Owen?" "Steve" pokes Owen with his arm to try and wake him up, and when it does not work he shrugs, pats Owen on the head and goes back to the Cargo Bay, by climbing unto the ceiling and walking on it.
Last edited November 19, 2015 3:46 am
Nov 19, 2015 4:00 am
Even through his suit a hand involuntarily went to cover his face as he facedpalmed. It was either incredibly good luck or incredibly bad luck. "You two might want to come down when you have a moment... We have something in the cargo bay...A far bit of gliiterdust. " he said cryptically his voice a bit strained . Looking up to the droid. The doctor wondered what they had gotten into...his mind pulled him in various directions on what to do... But this wasn't his ship so probably not his decision alone... The airlock was right there though.
Last edited November 19, 2015 4:02 am
Nov 19, 2015 7:34 am
"Steve", looking down at Orninoh from the ceiling says, "This One helped some Fleshy Masters bring those containers in the High Roller's Cargo Bay for Fleshy Master Owen."
Nov 19, 2015 7:57 am
Finished with salvaging, I get the ship back on course, "Glitterdust." I repeat back, thinking through the possible substances it could be, I change the topic when it becomes apparent to me, "How's the droid? Still functioning?" What're we going to do with that cargo... Normally, I'd have a buyer, or a drop point, lined up... but to just find it floating freely...
Last edited November 19, 2015 7:58 am
Nov 19, 2015 11:05 am
"He's still functioning, he went down to the engine room... Also he helped load the containers onto the ship for the pilot and captain named Owen...I can ask the Dr- err 'Steve' exactly how much beside the one crate filled to the brim he remembers loading... Wouldn't hurt I guess to see what other ships are in the area just in case this wasn't an accident." he clicked back onto comma before looking up. With a sigh he asked the dumb questions in his head, "Steve, you wouldn't happen to know how many containers of this stuff you had on your ship would you? Also there isn't anyone out there that would be trying to disable your ship for your cargo to the point they'd kill your captain is there?" Orninoh asked feeling slightly tired from his mental reasoning, he hoped he was off.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.