1.2 Descent to the Sewers

load previous
Nov 7, 2015 4:07 pm
"Hold on yourself Alanya! We had to do it, kill not to be killed." Feylinde crouches on Alanya to help her to stand up and whispers "Weylan sort of saved your life. Maybe you should apologize".
Nov 7, 2015 5:00 pm
Ooc: 1 inspiration to Alanya. I like the role playing of horror vs hero for ones so young and inexperienced.
Nov 7, 2015 5:23 pm
Elden climbs out of the tunnel, looks at the corpses for a moment, I think I'm gonna be sick, he thinks before saying, "Killing should not be so easy..."

He will crouch down by Alanya, "Hold still," he says softly before laying his hands on her, channeling healing power into her.

Rolls

Cure Wounds on Alanya - (1d8+6)

(2) + 6 = 8

Nov 7, 2015 8:18 pm
Little Weylan's head snapped around with the force of Alanya's unexpected blow. Now he avoids looking at her or the bodies, filled with shame, slowly banging his forehead against the wall.
Nov 7, 2015 11:24 pm
"It can't be that much further, can it?"

Szent continues to crawl forward....
Nov 7, 2015 11:30 pm
Everyone has reached the room...
Nov 7, 2015 11:36 pm
Finally reaching the end of the tunnel Szent surveys the scene. Seeing Elden attending to Alanya confirms his fear that some of his friends have been injured. "I should have moved sooner!" he sighs and asks if there are any other wounded that need help.
Nov 8, 2015 7:46 am
Seneia's countenance, usually calm and positive, looks grim and shaken when she reaches the room.

"This is an odd place to have guards in", she says, her voice tight and flat.

Seneia does not flinch at the sight of the bodies, they are not the first ones she has seen, but she cannot ignore them either. Pressing her lips tightly together in determination she kneels by the bodies to see if there is anything to be learned from them.
Last edited November 8, 2015 1:39 pm
Nov 8, 2015 1:08 pm
Searching the bodies there is nothing remarkable about them. They both wear chainmail, and they both have spears, and that's about it. It can also be noted that these are not city guards. There is no evidence of city colors, or city identity. These guys just seem to be mercenaries or ruffians instructed to perform guard duty.
Nov 8, 2015 4:19 pm
Rufio is trying to calm poor Weylan down. The halfling is clearly in shock. Whether it's from his first kill or from Alanya slapping him across the face is unclear. Rufio is unfazed by violence. The fiery youth grew up amidst much, much worse. Two dead ruffians in the sewer, one literally by his hand, is nothing to him. Especially if they had anything to do with harming Milly. "Come on, Weylan. We gotta move. Don't mind Alanya. She's just worried about Milly. We all are! Let's go find her, alright?"
Nov 8, 2015 4:38 pm
Weylan nods gratefully. He takes a deep breath, the adrenalin from his rage lending a jerkiness to his movements.
Retrieving the torch to look around (but still avoiding Alanya's accusing glare), Weylan tries to figure out what these guards were guarding. Is there a door, another passage...what?
Nov 8, 2015 4:54 pm
There is a door in the center of the wall opposite the passage exit.
Nov 8, 2015 4:56 pm
Elden approaches Rufio as well, seeing that he is injured, and will heal him

Rolls

Cure wounds on Rufio - (1d8+6)

(5) + 6 = 11

Nov 8, 2015 5:12 pm
Weylan inspects the door to avoid apologizing to Alanya and explaining his rage.

Rolls

Perception (inspect door) - (1d20+3)

(12) + 3 = 15

Nov 8, 2015 6:01 pm
Finding nothing noteworthy about the guards and having no means to heal anyone, Seneia joins Weylan in examining the door.
Nov 8, 2015 6:19 pm
The door is a standard dungeon door. It does not appear to be locked.
Nov 8, 2015 9:53 pm
Weylan nods to Seneia. "Is...is everyone ok?"
Nov 9, 2015 4:27 am
"No Weylan, not everyone is ok! I'm exhausted! We better find Milly or all of this would have been for nothing!" I snap at him, then turn towards Rufio and point at him while staring him down. "We can't do that again. We have to be careful, so no more acting stupid! We stick with the group. It's not just about you busting heads anymore, got it?" I'm so angry and I don't even know why and that pisses me off even more. I wipe my eyes with my sleeve as I continue following the others down the hall.
Nov 9, 2015 5:37 am
Seneia turns and steps to Alanya. She gently places a hand on her shoulder and smiles, her eyes full of compassion.

"Violence is a blunt tool, Alanya. It leaves little good options. Remember Milly, remember that we are following people called Slave Traders. This is ugly." Seneia looks around the room. "But what they do is far uglier. Sometimes that forces you to use blunt tools."

"But Alanya, be proud of anger you are feeling, this disgust. Try not to grow out of them. Violence is an ugly business. You, my pretty friend, have a talent for creating something beautiful, with your song and music, and that's far more powerful. Don't learn to accept this ugliness."
Nov 9, 2015 6:30 am
Rufio gets in Alanya's face. It takes all his strength not to scream, "Acting stupid?! I was crawling back to warn everybody but you were in my way! Those guards had us made, so I had to turn around and fight! And what's this about me not sticking with the group? I was sent to scout ahead..it's not my fault everyone was too chicken to follow until things got hairy!" In disgust, Rufio throws down the rock still enchanted with Szent's light spell, "Next time, send someone else to scout ahead and get speared in the ass!"
Last edited November 9, 2015 6:33 am
load next

Thread locked