1.2 Descent to the Sewers

load previous
Nov 11, 2015 6:15 am
Seneia remains silent, moving to the side of the group. As she needs no light to see, she keeps watching the dark corners and shadows while others have their focus on the clearly visible.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Nov 11, 2015 10:10 am
Rufio marches forward, eyes straining against the shadows. His step has a little less than his usual swagger.

OOC: Rufio has got no rages left.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(8) + 1 = 9

Nov 11, 2015 2:59 pm
Feylinde following Seneia movements moves on the opposite side of the group, remeining just a little ahead to Elden.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(9) + 1 = 10

Nov 11, 2015 11:40 pm
The orphans cautiously enter the cavern, aided by the illumination of Alanya's dancing lights. The lights appear 120' away and hover 20' apart, illuminating an 80' wide area in the distance. As if the eerie cavern wasn't creepy enough, the red glow enhances the gloom.

Rufio moves forward into the opening, and Weylan shadows him some 20' to his right. Forming an equilateral triangle, Szent follows behind the two, poised with a javelin in his hand. Meanwhile Seneia peels to the left, following wall of the cavern and peering into the darkness. Feylinde follows about 20' behind Seneia, and Elden enters the cavern with Alanya remaining at the entrance.

The spread out party quickly determines that the cavern, although irregular, is about 500' square. The floor is uneven, and combinations of stalagmites and stalactites break up what would otherwise be an enormous space.

The general direction of crossing is to the west, and to the south is the still pond. As Seneia heads in that direction, she thinks she sees some movement in the shadows in the vicinity of the pond.

Initiative order... Szent, Weylan, Feylinde, Seneia, Alanya, Rufio, Elden

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Nov 12, 2015 12:33 am
While she's still in earshot, but not looking in her direction to give away her location, Weylan calls out unnecessarily: "Just call out, Seneia, and I'll be there..."

Meanwhile, the halfling continues to peer into the darkness, hoping to find some trace of Milly soon...

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Nov 12, 2015 1:01 am
I yawn and stretch. This short walk is already wearing me down. My head hurts. "I'm going to need the longest nap ever" I say to no one in particular. After a long pause as we wait for our friends to finish scouting, I turn towards Weylan. "I'm sorry about before. I was so mad at that guy and I wanted him dead, and then he was. And now I feel bad about it. I can't explain it." I quickly add "Anyway, thanks for your help."
Nov 12, 2015 2:32 am
Not seeing anything to be wary of at this point Szent will continue to hold his part of the formation with Rufio and Weylan.

I'll have him take a ready action. If he sees an obvious enemy the javelin will fly towards him/her/it.

Rolls

Javelin Attack [Will do so at disadvantage to cover range[ - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

1d20+5 : (8) + 5 = 13

1d20+5 : (10) + 5 = 15

Javelin Damage - (1d6+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Nov 12, 2015 4:48 am
Weylan is hurt, and is grateful, and is confused, and doesn't want to seem weak or needy, and is delighted that Alanya is speaking rather than shouting at him, and is guarded about getting his hopes up that everything can be OK again, and he is a teen with hormones surging through his body...

...so all he can manage, with all that going on, is a grunt (that cracks slightly, as his voice does sometimes still). He is immediately self-conscious about this, and embarrassed that everyone else can see what's going on with him, so he covers it by continuing to advance westward through the cave in step with Rufio and Szent, while worrying what they all think of him.
Last edited November 12, 2015 4:49 am
Nov 12, 2015 6:16 am
Stealth is obviously not an option anymore, so Seneia keeps moving forward, towards the movement she saw. However, she advances carefully enough to make sure that she does not rush into anything head first.

As soon as Seneia is close enough, the group suddenly hears the whistle of a bird from the southern side of the cavern, from the direction of the pond. Anyone with a decent understanding of nature will instantly recognise it as a nightingale. Surely there isn't one living down here?

OOC: Seneia uses her race ability of casting Thaumaturgy to draw everyone's attention towards the pond. Or possibly cause confusion, we'll see.
Nov 12, 2015 6:53 am
*That's a nightingale...birds don't live underground...SENEIA!*

Weylan immediately moves toward the sound, but doesn't run. She didn't yell, after all, and there's plenty of uneven cavern floor to slip or trip on in the dark.
Nov 12, 2015 12:43 pm
I glance in the direction of the pond and start moving towards it, shifting the torchlights to follow.
Nov 12, 2015 2:01 pm
Rufio hears the birdcall, followed closely by Weylan running past him towards Seneia's position. As the others move south Rufio turns and moves in that direction as well, but keeps a sharp eye west where they were originally headed.
Nov 12, 2015 2:14 pm
Elden follows the other toward Seneia's position, keeping a close eye out for danger.

Rolls

Perception (Disadvantage due to lighting?) - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

1d20+5 : (1) + 5 = 6

1d20+5 : (20) + 5 = 25

Nov 13, 2015 4:15 am
Round 1
Initiative order... Enemy, Szent, Weylan, Feylinde, Seneia, Alanya, Rufio, Elden

Despite Seneia keeping her eyes peeled, a silent shadow suddenly appears behind her. As Seneia moved towards the lake before alerting the others of what she thought she saw, the closest ally to her is Feylinde. (Feylinde roll perception).

The figure silently stabs Seneia in the back as Seneia tries to react. (6 damage)

Then the figure attempts to fade back into the shadows. (Seneia roll perception vs hide).

The figure acted at the top of the round. You have all been alerted to something happening by Seneia's whistle. You can each act.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Nov 13, 2015 4:44 am
Round 1
Weylan continues to move south, toward the bird call. If, at the end of his move action (25'), the light from his torch illuminates a target, he will throw a spiker at it.

Ooc: Is the cavern completely open, or are there things like stalagmites that block line of sight and might provide cover?
DM: see my post above (Nov 11).
(OoC: In this area, on my way to Seneia and the water, how many stalagmites are we having to duck around?)
Last edited November 14, 2015 1:03 am

Rolls

Perception (in case it's needed) - (1d20+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

Throw javelin, damage - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (6) + 4 = 10

1d6+2 : (5) + 2 = 7

Nov 13, 2015 7:35 am
Seneia lets out a cry of pain, and spins around to see what hit her. She instinctively falls into a ready pose, able to follow her spin with couple sweeping kicks.

OOC: I'm guessing Seneia cannot see anything to attack?
Last edited November 13, 2015 7:36 am

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Nov 13, 2015 1:55 pm
Hearing Seneia cry out Szent runs towards her to see what has happened.

He will still have his javelin in hand, ready to strike if the need arises.

EDIT: Added critical hit damage.
Last edited November 13, 2015 5:02 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+1)

(12) + 1 = 13

Javelin Attack - (1d20+5)

(20) + 5 = 25

Javelin Damage - (1d6+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Critical Hit Damage - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Nov 13, 2015 2:16 pm
Elden will rush to where he heard Seneia cry out.

Taking dash action to get close enough to assist
Nov 14, 2015 3:54 pm
(By my reckoning only 4 of you have acted)
Nov 14, 2015 4:05 pm
OOC: Rufio continues his rush to Seneia's aid. His action will depend on what he sees. If Seneia is drowning or bleeding he goes to her. If there are visible hostiles he's doing his usual human cannonball.
Last edited November 14, 2015 4:06 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(19) + 2 = 21

load next

Thread locked