1.2 Descent to the Sewers

load previous
Nov 17, 2015 12:57 pm
Elden attempts to close the distance with the Rogue so that he can't get away and attacks him, trying to knock him out rather than kill him.

If he's not able to close the distance and attack he will call for more holy fire.

If he can't get a melee attack in, Elden will cast Sacred Flame: DC 13 Dex save or take 1d8 radiant damage

Rolls

Attack/Damage - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (1) + 4 = 5

1d6+2 : (4) + 2 = 6

Forgot advantage due to Faerie Fire! - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Nov 17, 2015 4:54 pm
Quote:
Rufio was sure he saw the rogue, but now has completely lost track of him. The pain in his back is testament to that. (Take 12 damage). Rufio you may roll to hit.
Rufio spins around with a wild haymaker.

Rolls

Unarmed strike - (1d20+5)

(18) + 5 = 23

damage - (1d4+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

bonus grapple if unarmed strike hits - (1d20+5)

(2) + 5 = 7

Nov 17, 2015 10:08 pm
"Thanks Szent." says Feylinde recovering from the bad injury "Take this bastard. You can't hide anymore, don't you?" anger in her voice as some uneathlt power is unleashed on the enemy (I hope).

OOC: eldritch blast hoping to hit :P

Rolls

ranged spell attack (advantage faerie fire) - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

1d20+5 : (15) + 5 = 20

1d20+5 : (15) + 5 = 20

Force Damage - (1d10+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Nov 18, 2015 3:16 am
Aided by Alanya's fierie fire Rufio can see the rogue clearly. Lashing out, relieved at the opportunity to retaliate, his fist makes a satisfying crunch, as the rogue crumples to the ground.

End of Round 3 - Combat over
Nov 18, 2015 3:30 am
Weylan brings his torch over to Rufio and calls out: "Is everyone OK?" He does a quick head count. Then he'll inspect the downed assailant. Is there anything on its person that can shed some light on its identity?
Nov 18, 2015 4:01 am
"Who besides Feylinde has been wounded?"
Nov 18, 2015 6:19 am
Seneia grimaces and twists her arm to feel her back. Her fingers come away wet and warm. There is a gash in her back, cutting through part of her clothing and into her flesh. It seems bones stopped the blade from going any deeper.

"He got me too", she says unhappily.
Nov 18, 2015 6:50 am
"And me, the bastard. But we got him good!" Rufio kicks the downed rogue for good measure.
Nov 18, 2015 4:35 pm
Despite being out of healing spells Elden is determined to be useful. He takes a few minutes bandaging people up.

I realize that this provides no mechanical benefit, but Elden has to do it!

Rolls

Bandaging Rufio, Seneia, and Feylinde - (1d20+5, 1d20+5, 1d20+5)

1d20+5 : (12) + 5 = 17

1d20+5 : (6) + 5 = 11

1d20+5 : (9) + 5 = 14

Nov 18, 2015 4:39 pm
"Guys, we can't keep going like this. I'm exhausted, and I know I'm not the only one. We need to hide somewhere and rest up. It'll be no good to Milly if we get captured... Or worse."
Nov 18, 2015 6:34 pm
"I hate to say it, but Alanya's right. I wouldn't recommend this place for resting though. Too exposed." Rufio takes Elden aside and shows him the vials he found, "Hey Elden, what d'you make of these?"
Nov 18, 2015 6:57 pm
Elden takes the vials from Rufio and looks them over, trying to discern what they might be.

Rolls

Int Check to figure out what is in the bottles? - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Nov 18, 2015 10:29 pm
You're right Alanya, we all need to rest and get better prepared for what could come next.
Feylinde grins as the pain for her wound arise remembering her how close she was to meet her patron.
"Just in case ... " She then invoke the gift from beyond and a sort of light surround her for a moment.

OOC: Casting Armor of Agathys (self, VSM, 1h)
gain 5 temp HP; if hit by melee and temp HP are on, the attacker takes 5 cold damage.
Nov 18, 2015 10:43 pm
Szent will talk over to Senia and will perform Lay on Hands for her as well. "Should help a bit until we can get some real rest."

Looking about the group he can tell that Rufio has had a rough go of things and offers to help. "Let me take a look, Rufio."

5HP to Senia and 8 to Rufio.
Last edited November 18, 2015 10:44 pm

Rolls

Cure Wounds - (1d8+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Nov 18, 2015 11:08 pm
Once he's finished looking over the rogue's body, Weylan considers Alanya's proposal. But he's flummoxed, trying to think of a safe place to rest, without forcing everyone to go all the way back through the sewer to the surface. To him, any place seems as good as any other. Here at least it's dry and away from the sewage. He peers into the dark water of the pool: how large is the body of water? Could they be safe here, with some of them standing watch while others rested?
Nov 18, 2015 11:11 pm
Weylan wastes no time searching their assailant.

Merlin sent a note to spaceseeker19
The others heal what they can, and reach a consensus that they are worn out and need to rest. However, looking around, and pondering what just happened, this really does not appear to be a good place to do that, particularly as the area has not been fully explored.
Nov 19, 2015 6:15 am
Seneia smiles at Szent and flexes her muscles. "That's much better. Thank you, Szent."

Then she turns and looks around - not at the place, but at the faces of everyone around her. "I can see that you are tired", she says. "But I can also see that few of us are really comfortable with this place. Should we explore it in more detail or press ahead for a better place to rest?"
Nov 19, 2015 6:29 am
Weylan replies to Seneia: "I don't know what it goes to, but I found this key on the person who attacked us. A key means a door, right? There might be more comfortable quarters nearby."

*Of course,* he adds to himself, *it could also mean there's more bad guys nearby...*

He shows the key to the tiefling girl, and everyone else.
Nov 19, 2015 6:46 am
"I'm all for scouting around, yeah. Though I can't see in the dark like sone of you. And I threw away Szent's stone 'cause I was mad." Rufio looks at Szent apologetically.
Nov 19, 2015 2:10 pm
Elden picks up another rock and casts a spell of light on it, "Lumos!" before handing it to Rufio. He thinks for a moment and responds, "I say we press on a bit further and see if we can find anywhere better to rest; this is not an ideal location."
load next

Thread locked