1.2 Descent to the Sewers

load previous
Nov 9, 2015 7:24 am
Seneia steps quickly between Rufio and Alanya.

"Rufio, cut it out! You were not sent ahead to scout, you rushed in yourself. Yes, ended up in trouble. Yes, you had to fight. Yes, bodies were inevitable. But you did act rashly. Don't take it out on Alanya."
Nov 9, 2015 10:00 am
"I was going to THANK Alanya for having my back. Until SHE took it out on Weylan, and then me! Forget it, since you're all in agreement I'm stupid. You geniuses can mourn over goons who almost killed your friends, and slap each other's faces of your so-called friends all you want. Rash, you say? How's this for rash? I'm going to find Milly by myself." With that, Rufio heads back for the crawlspace. He thinks to himself, [i]I hope I can find another way to the slavers! I gotta find Slink first, and fast!
Nov 9, 2015 2:00 pm
Elden walks up to Rufio and whispers to him,

[Note to Rufio]
Naatkinson sent a note to Jabes.plays.RPG
Nov 9, 2015 2:49 pm
Rufio crosses his arms and replies fiercely, not bothering to whisper,

"You seem to be alone in thinking this, Elden. But whatever - I don't need any bloody praise, or even a damn apology. But Alanya needs to apologize to Weylan. Terrified or not, who needs friends if they'll just bloody slap you in the face?!"

"But this is stupid - instead of bickering like fishwives we should be chasing after Milly! That's all I care about right now. So you stay here and sort yourselves out, I'm going through that damn door and saving Milly. I hope she won't slap me!"
With that, Rufio turns back and pushes past everyone to the door the dead guards were protecting. He throws the door open and sees...
Nov 9, 2015 3:46 pm
"Fine. I'm sorry. But I'm not wrong. We have to stick together!" Typical. Just trying to prove my point, isn't he? I hang back until everyone is caught up and wait to see if they follow him in.
Nov 9, 2015 11:23 pm
"Enough! If Roland wanted to send actual bickering children to do the job he would have." Szent yells to no one in particular. "We have a job to do. You can all fight each other all you like once we have Milly."

He moves in behind Rufio as he opens the door.
Nov 9, 2015 11:51 pm
The door opens easily enough, and beyond is a narrow 5' wide passage illuminated by faintly glowing torches at 10' intervals. There is a slight downward slope to the passage and after about 30' Rufio finds himself standing at the top of a steep stairway. Peering downwards the stairway is not illuminated and plunges into the darkness.

I need your marching order. So far I have... Rufio, Szent...
Nov 10, 2015 12:30 am
Weylan is right there, too, torch in hand. He looks gratefully up at Rufio. "I'm with you, too."
Nov 10, 2015 2:43 am
I unhelpfully blurt out "Oh no, what will Sir Roland think of us?!" Surely he didn't expect all this. Did he? That thought fills me with dread as I continue behind Weylan.
Last edited November 10, 2015 2:45 am
Nov 10, 2015 3:01 am
Keeping track... Rufio, Szent, Weylan, Alanya...
Nov 10, 2015 3:32 am
Elden will take up the rear
Nov 10, 2015 5:43 am
Seneia follows Alanya. She looks uncharacteristically grim.
Nov 10, 2015 5:50 am
Rufio glances back at Szent. Remembering to keep his voice down and whispers, "Well, do you guys want me to scout ahead again or do you want someone with better eyes and a bigger brain to do it?"
Last edited November 10, 2015 5:50 am
Nov 10, 2015 6:23 pm
Guys can you please calm down, stop making such noise that even any tavern keeper above us can hear and focus again on the mission?! says Feylinde just preceding Elden in the tunnel.
Nov 10, 2015 6:35 pm
Weylan, struggling to see past the larger guys ahead of him, says "Enough of this sneaking around. We made a lot of noise back there when we... well, the time for sneaking is over. Let's just go. We're right behind you."
Nov 10, 2015 10:45 pm
Marching order: Rufio, Szent, Weylan, Alanya, Seneia, Feylinde, Elden

And so the intrepid heroes descend further into the depths below the City of Waterdeep. The stairs are steep and narrow, but it is easy to stabilize by holding the walls. It is a little like caving, with water on the walls slimy to the touch, and the steps damp and perilous. None-the-less, the orphans take care with this descent and encounter no issues.

At the bottom of the stairs there is no door, and there is a wide expanse beyond. Through torchlight Rufio's eyes adjust.

There is a large cavernous space that extends beyond your range of vision. Stalactites and stalagmites join to form picturesque columns and part of the floor is covered by a mirror like pool. The place is eerily quiet, with the occasional dripping sound breaking the silence. From where you stand you can only see part of the cavern.

Do whatever you do, but also roll initiative "just in case".
Nov 10, 2015 10:51 pm
I snap my fingers, whisper a few words and 4 glowing red lights appear a good 120 feet in front of us, spread out as far as my incantation allows.

Ooc: Casting "dancing lights" since I probably lost concentration on them already.
Last edited November 10, 2015 10:51 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Nov 10, 2015 11:02 pm
"Rufio, if you'd like to scout ahead a bit I'll stay twenty or so feet behind and cover you." Szent whispers as he retrieves a javelin.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(17) + 2 = 19

Nov 10, 2015 11:43 pm
Elden takes up the rear, renewing the spell of light on his mace, just to be sure.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Nov 11, 2015 12:48 am
Weylan moves alongside Rufio, spreading out so that they are at the edges of each others' torchlight. Javelin in hand, Weylan begins to move forward, parallel to and in step with Rufio, towards Alanya's bobbing globes of light. His face still stings.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(11) + 2 = 13

load next

Thread locked