General OoC discussion

load previous
Feb 9, 2016 6:14 pm
I'm really torn. Ogbar is only missing 4 HP, so I'm not convinced that I want to spend my Hit Die on that, but I might die in the next combat if I don't... Ahh, screw it, I'll do it
Feb 23, 2016 4:35 pm
Splitting the party always works out well!
Feb 23, 2016 4:38 pm
Moofsalot says:
Splitting the party always works out well!
I know, right? :-D
Feb 24, 2016 12:50 pm
It worked out well before, with the owlbear. Plus, the alternative option is to A) convince the farmer he's nuts, or B) bring Davek back to possibly a trap. Seems like splitting is the way to go.
Feb 24, 2016 4:14 pm
Aanbo, Earthfeeler. Sensing and perceiving all the things.
Feb 24, 2016 4:21 pm
What I'm seeing is that splitting the party is not so bad when the party is the size of two normal parties as this one is.
Feb 24, 2016 4:33 pm
Really, whether or not party splitting is bad ultimately depends on the adventure/GM. It's probably also easier for you to manage us as two groups of 4/5 than one group of 9 (especially in PbF format where you don't need to actively split attention as you would in a face to face game).
Feb 24, 2016 4:35 pm
I don't mind party splitting in a PbP game. It sucks most of the time in a face-to-face game, but this is a good format for party-splitting.
Feb 24, 2016 4:43 pm
Party splitting makes sense here the way the story has unfolded. I was just kidding with my comment. That old superstition, y'know? :-D

http://cdn.meme.li/instances/500x/53434398.jpg
Feb 24, 2016 9:25 pm
Klak isn't sure he'd agree that the split worked out so well. ;)
Feb 26, 2016 12:37 am
Sheesh, something wrong with goats? :)
Feb 26, 2016 2:43 am
CancerMan says:
Sheesh, something wrong with goats? :)
Well, even if there wasn't, Xana's ability is prejudiced: she can only speak to size S or smaller critters. Which means the goats are too aloof.
Feb 26, 2016 5:52 am
Oh geez, for some reason I read "crow" as "cow."
Mar 3, 2016 9:49 am
I am loving Xana's barnyard antics! And now it looks like Klak may have made a furry friend as well! :-D
Mar 3, 2016 1:01 pm
I just wanted an excuse to have a chat with a chicken.
Mar 3, 2016 6:33 pm
CancerMan says:
Aanbo was about to rush ahead for the wagon, but hearing the large barbarian, of all people, advise stealth actually stuns him into compliance.
It may seem a bit out of character for Ogbar to advise a stealthy strike but he hates and fears magical tricksters such as Jonbon and doesn't want to get ensnared by his foul magics. He prefers a fair fight against a worthy opponent, but he feels like wizards "cheat".
Mar 6, 2016 7:11 am
Note: I've been trying to keep the three groups (!) somewhat linked chronologically, but at this point I'm willing to diverge, as I don't want to start throwing encounters at the group heading back to Hochoch just for the sake of maintaining this synchronicity. Would you players prefer if I kept that in the same thread, or would you be willing for me to start the group arriving at Hochoch in the thread for the next sequence (1.3)?
Mar 6, 2016 7:15 am
Either way is fine for me. :-)
Mar 6, 2016 1:21 pm
As the split will take some time to reconcile, a separate thread may be best.
Mar 7, 2016 5:54 pm
Is anyone in the group that's gone back to town one of the character's that had gone to the townhouse? Because if not, the hunting party made a tactical error sending only the people who have only a vague idea of what's wrong / going on to bring the boy back to town...
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.