Takeover at Whisper Base

load previous
Mar 23, 2016 5:58 pm
G5 is treated to a rare sense of total confusion in an Imperial base through the monitors to the command room. There's a genuine sense of the absurd -- along with the heady tension of upright Imperials uncertain of how to handle this humanitarian gesture from droids under the thrall of a devious R2 unit (unbeknownst to them of course). Command discipline manages to hold together for the first bit as the officer begins asking what's up and starts to order the droids and the party supplies out of the room. Then the music hits and everyone looks at everyone else confused. Some of the more junior techs start singing along... and it looks set to burst into pandemonium in the command room at any moment.

Elsewhere in the base, G5 is able to spot another trio of Stormtroopers making the around. These have just walked past the mess hall and are soon to pass his own hideaway in the generator room -- presumably back down to the long corridor in which his friends are blasting away. The generators provide a low level hum that may mask some of the blaster fire, but they're bound to hear something soon.

Moro's attack is at close range (resulting in 2 success, 2 advantage) and his light blaster puts a nice black mark into the trooper's armor. He grunts with the hit -- which clearly does some damage and penetrates his armor a bit, but his posture suggests he's planning on getting another shot off soon.
OOC:
OOC new round - 2 players, please.
Mar 23, 2016 8:49 pm
OOC:
what roll do i have to make to pick uo the dead trooper and throw it at the other trooper?
Mar 24, 2016 12:25 am
OOC:
Kjmagle says:
what roll do i have to make to pick uo the dead trooper and throw it at the other trooper?
Let's go with Athletics. We'll oppose it with his Agility. Three purple.
Mar 24, 2016 1:48 am
Being shot by the tropper Brosck growls and gets enraged and he moves towards the smoking rifle and places his big hands around the barrel and yanks hard on it.
OOC:
I would like to use a destiny... If we have one i will reroll a green if we dont
OOC:
i would like to spend all my advantage to say the trooper tried to hold on and the force of Brosck knocks him off balance and he lands on his belly prone.
Last edited March 26, 2016 10:41 am

Rolls

Gimme that gun Athletics

3 Success, 5 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 4 Advantage

Mar 26, 2016 2:52 am
OOC:
Done.
Brosck's hands grab the barrel of the blaster rilfe and yank. Hard. The trooper is a little taken aback at this approach -- he's never had someone grab the barrel of his gun before -- and he tries to hold onto the gun so that he can get a few more good shots into this mountain of an alien that likes to hit things. He does manage to keep hold -- but not well enough to offset Brosck's strength -- and he falls to the ground, prone, before the Klatooinian. His rifle is now in the hands of a very fussy Brosck.
OOC:
Another player turn. If someone shoots at the guy, you have a SB because he's prone.
Mar 29, 2016 3:53 am
OOC:
Ping? Someone wanna shoot this guy? :)
Mar 29, 2016 11:20 am
Moro moves up a bit to get a clear shot on the downed stormtrooper and fires.

Rolls

Light Blaster

2 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage

Setback didn't add

Mar 30, 2016 12:32 am
Moro's light blaster from short range tickles the prone storm trooper, barely scoring through his armor. With a grunt, the trooper stands up, facing Brosck and draws a vibroknife, waving it back and forth before him to ward off the hulking alien. He doesn't quite realize that Kael isn't on his side so he's hoping that his backup can help put a bullet or two into the the beast before it gets another chance to strike. "Blast him!" he commands.

falryx sent a note to starwarsrpggm
OOC:
Trooper is engaged with Brosck wielding a vibroknife. Short range to Kael and Moro. He has taken 3 wounds. Moro's gun isn't designed to take out stormtroopers.
Mar 30, 2016 12:38 am
"Don't think this piddly thing'll do anything to that brute." I say, before dropping hte holdout blaster and arming myself with the carbine I acquired on the landing pad, "I got this!" I shout, levelling the rifle and aiming at the troopers' back...

Everyone always says stormies can't aim, guess I'm just playin' the role I think to myself as the carbine shot goes wide...
OOC:
I assume difficulty 1 for short range?
Last edited March 30, 2016 12:40 am

Rolls

Agility 2 (no skill)

2 Advantage, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Advantage

Mar 30, 2016 4:36 am
OOC:
oof. G5 needs to go, then two players can go. If someone other than G5 wants to prep an action feel free to post out of order. (player player, NPC, player, player).
Mar 31, 2016 1:49 am
The security monitor followed the wandering patrol just outside the generator room where G5 has set-up camp. Peering back at the door he visually checks the the door status. Good he thought to himself the door is still locked from the inside. Last thing he needs are some uninvited guests.

"Beeee der Beee der Bee der" squealed G5 in to the teams comm channel, as he relayed the arrival of reinforcements coming around the corner any moment now.

Quickly G5 scrambles to jam all Internal Imperial frequencies used by the base. Well if they did't know they were here, the Imperials would know any moment now.

OOC1
- verify door is still locked
- comm the team, reinforcements are enroute
- jam all internal Imperial Base Communications
- spend a destiny die to upgrade roll

OOC2
- -1B for Codebreaker
- -1P for Codebreaker
- +1Y for Destiny
- -25% Time for Talent
- +1 Strain for Threat

The lines of code zipped along at a frantic pace as G5 labored to complete the task before the reinforcements could sound the alarm.
Whew...as he wiped the imaginary sweat from his dome. The small wisp of smoke comes from the gap between his chassis and his lovely top. They integrated circuits had to work overtime.
Last edited April 1, 2016 11:29 pm

Rolls

Computer/Break Internal Communications

4 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Triumph, 3 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 1 Triumph

Computers / Break Internal Communications w/Destiny

3 Success, 2 Advantage, 3 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 1 Threat

Apr 1, 2016 3:17 am
OOC:
Thanks G5 - let's call this one hard with a setback die due to your location (one doesn't usually control comms from the generator) and a setback die due to the time pressure involved. I'll flip the destiny roll for you in the other thread..
Apr 1, 2016 11:41 pm
Brosck grins that the trooper even thought to try to melee him.

"Oooooooh that was your 2nd mistake, and now you will pay..." he says to the Stormtrooper. With that he grabs his arm with the knife itn it and then punches towards his elbow snapping it in the opposite dorection it should go. Brosck lets go and watching as the trooper screams in pain as his arm dangles uselessly.
OOC:
i will be using Frenzied strike rank on to upgrade my attak to 3 y
OOC:
ok guys i need some ideas for these triumphs
Last edited April 2, 2016 11:04 am

Rolls

Brawl to dislocate the trooper arm

3 Success, 3 Advantage, 2 Triumph, 2 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Triumph

Apr 10, 2016 11:23 pm
OOC:
...and I'm back and well-skied.
Each of you hear from G5 on your comms. Through a series of whistles and toots you learn of the impending doom of more stormtroopers "coming around the corner". While G5 warns you, he does manage to stretch his virtual tentacles into the net work of the base further -- shutting down communications to the command center. The fast work overheats his backup parallel processor on the I/O port he's got plugged into the base and he takes a bit of strain from the effort.
OOC:
G5 -- I'm using the w/destiny one since you flipped a destiny point. Please take one strain.

The trooper does give a quick shout, but the pain quickly overwhelms him and he falls to the ground, unconscious. Kael, Brosck and Moro are left in the middle of that long corridor. Kael and Brosck are holding standard-issue stormtrooper rifles and Moro has his pea-shooter out.

You have a handful of seconds before a small squad of stormtroopers come around the corner. What do you do?
Apr 11, 2016 11:43 am
Still holding the unconscious troopers arm Brosck turns around and smiles atbgis group.

"I told you they had no chances against Brosck!" he announces and with whip of his arm he tosses the limp body aside.

"We should take on the whole Empire!"
Apr 11, 2016 3:59 pm
"Turn around and carry on the massacre, Brosck.", I say as I kneel down and line up a shot down the corridor with my rifle. At the first sign of a stormtrooper I'll open fire.
Apr 11, 2016 4:12 pm
Moro looks around, a bit frantic at the news. "G5! There's got to be another path. We can't fight off every stormtrooper here!"
Apr 12, 2016 12:45 am
Keleth says:
Moro looks around, a bit frantic at the news. "G5! There's got to be another path. We can't fight off every stormtrooper here!"
The follow up retort from G5 was a a mixture of surprise, anger, and something equivalent to a droid saying...I told you so...all in a gibberish of hi pitched squeals, whistles, and other noises that could only come from a droid.

Scrambling thru the base's protocols, with the fervor of wild metallic rancor, G5 isolates the subroutines for the automated waxing agent dispersal program for the section of the hallway that the troopers are in.

He sets the nozzle discharge pressure for extra high and summons the cleaning droids, all the while muttering to himself.

OOC
-activate subroutine to coat the floor area in-front of, and in-back of the patrol with a heavy coating of floor wax.
---Some one keeps those Imperial Black floors shiny
---The intent is to have the troopers lose there balance and slip trip and fall to the floor as the get coated with floor wax
---The cleaner droids come to "polish the floor" and if the troopers are there they get polished too
- Squawk and squeal at the incomprehensible gibberish to the team members

G5 leans in to the screen as he finishes accessing the subroutine...with a slow series of chirps he extends one of his small manipulator arms out and hovers over a big shiny red button..."DAWANKA DAh ditt Yonk", exclaimed the little droid.

With a gleefull squeal, G5, the Auto Wax System, and the team cleaning droids engage the Storm Trooper Patrol within the now coated section of the hallway...

OOC
-I picture this in slow motion to the musical theme song of the original Bad News Bears, as the eloquent dance of trooper wax and droid ensues in most comic fashion
Last edited April 13, 2016 12:48 pm

Rolls

Computer - Activating Sub-Routine - Auto Wax

3 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 1 Threat

Apr 13, 2016 1:15 am
OOC:
G5 -- this is going to be a tough one. The base has very specific protocols for not spraying the boots of Imperial officers when they're in the vicinity of the corridor. Call it a 'hard' task (3 purple). I'd add a setback die for the hurry you're in, and I'll flip a destiny point to upgrade the difficulty to red purple purple.
Apr 13, 2016 2:04 am
I cock my head for a moment, then get back to my feet, "Right. That's my gig." I put my helmet back on, then start for the corner... if G5's plan goes bust, I'll be there to 'smooth' things over... or get blasted trying.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.