Takeover at Whisper Base

load previous
Apr 13, 2016 2:29 am
OOC:
Is there a computer terminal nearby that Moro can log into nearby to help with?
Apr 14, 2016 3:51 am
OOC:
You could head towards the entrance to the command center and use a console there -- unfortunately you're sort of in the middle of a corridor, not the typical location for a computer terminal.
Apr 14, 2016 4:15 am
A patrol of stormtroopers -- three of them -- comes around the corner at a good clip. They've heard the blaster fire and the comms system is misbehaving, so they're really quite concerned. What they don't notice is the automated routines being activated and the small mouse droid-like polishing droids zipping about.

It's a comic display that makes the day a little more surreal -- making some of you, if not each of you, wonder where the heck the Rebellion picked up G5, anyway -- the first trooper of the squad goes down, having stepped on one of the polishing bots. It squeals and zooms out of the way, tripping him and causing the two behind him to go down in a pile of white armor and clattering rifles.
OOC:
The threat from the troopers will give them a setback on their next action.

Rolls

Coordination for troopers.

2 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Threat

Apr 14, 2016 11:57 am
"I'm on queue, you two press on into the command centre. There'll be someone in there, but they're having a party!" I smile from beneath my helmet and stroll around the corner, then, carefully navigate the floor waxing display. When I arrive at the nearest trooper, I steady myself and offer them a hand to get up, "Come on, there was a breach in the garage. We need to go!"
OOC:
Kill with Kindness (1) lets me remove 1 setback from all Charm or Deceit rolls. Pheromones gives me 1 Boost as long as I'm engaged with the target of the Charm or Deceit. I've made no assumptions about difficulty, so you'll have to add those!

Rolls

Charm (Pre 4, Charm 2)

1 Success, 4 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Total: 1 Success, 4 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Apr 14, 2016 11:03 pm
"But you said....." Brosck protests to Kael but he is already immotion towards the trooper. With a deep sogh he looks at Moro and motions woth his head to the and starts moving to the command center.
Apr 15, 2016 3:16 am
Moro shrugs. It's a good idea as he can guess, though as he's running, he grabs one of the stormtrooper blasters. It's better than the little zap gun he has.
Apr 19, 2016 12:05 am
OOC:
Rolling difficulty dice for Kael. Adding a setback because they heard blaster fire and adding a boost because they're discombobulated.

Rolls

Difficulty dice.

1 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Failure

Total: 1 Advantage

Apr 19, 2016 11:13 pm
After a bit of work, the three troopers manage to stand up and snap to attention at Kael. "Yes Sergeant!" They don't even cast their eyes down the corridor and see the hastily stowed stormtroopers or the obvious aliens high-tailing it for the command center, such is the power of Kael's statement and the suit of armor he apparently hijacked from someone of some rank within the base.

Kael and the troopers get situated and head into the garage -- where the droid has been quietly tidying things up -- but evidence of blaster shots remain visible.
OOC:
Moving out of round-based time
Brosck and Moro make it down to the command center door. It is shut ahead of them. They think they can hear the occasional party horn.
Apr 20, 2016 2:42 pm
Not trying to be stealthy, Brosck clomps his way down the hall towards the destination. Coming up to the door he waits for Moro to catch up. Seeing him holding the blaster rifle he lets out a kight hearted snort.

"So you think we should go in there and ruin the party?" he chuckles as he lifts his fist and ignites his knuckles.
Apr 20, 2016 3:03 pm
"Looks like they're not here..." I mumble, then turn to the troopers in my company, "I'll see if that droid has any information, it looks like it's been cleaning up. The rest of you should search the area to ensure that the intruders aren't waiting in ambush." With a firm nod, I turn and head for the droid.

Should I reach it without interference from my 'companions', and remain relatively isolated, I kneel down and say quietly "My fish-man friend removed your restraining bolt not long ago. These numbskulls with me will surely put that restraining bolt back in if they find out it's been removed, and they'll put a blaster bolt in my head if they find out I'm not one of them. Is there anyway you, and maybe G5 together, can make the stuff in the garage malfunction... maybe explode?"
Apr 20, 2016 11:53 pm
"This one remembers you and your colleagues." Twobee says quietly to Kael. "This one will consider your request. This one would find being equipped with a restraining bolt to be quite tedious." G5 receives a radio network ping from Twobee in the garage.
Apr 21, 2016 5:45 pm
falryx says:
"This one remembers you and your colleagues." Twobee says quietly to Kael. "This one will consider your request. This one would find being equipped with a restraining bolt to be quite tedious." G5 receives a radio network ping from Twobee in the garage.
With the incoming ping, G5 answers the Garage Droid. "Hgdgty Hjdudu HyiueekMMMkdjdu" a traditional droid greeting used to determine purpose of the communication.

OOC
- Answer Garage Droid Ping
- Greet politely, determine what it wants
Apr 22, 2016 9:22 pm
G5 receives a message:

"The meatbag here in a stormtrooper outfit has asked if we can create a distraction among the vehicle units or other items in this garage. I am not particularly versed in subterfuge -- more of wielding a blaster rifle. Should I just shoot these stormtroopers? Do you have other ideas? I would much prefer not to engage against these odds, but I will."

As this passes over the network -- Kael hears none of it.
Apr 23, 2016 11:46 am
falryx says:
G5 receives a message:

"The meatbag here in a stormtrooper outfit has asked if we can create a distraction among the vehicle units or other items in this garage. I am not particularly versed in subterfuge -- more of wielding a blaster rifle. Should I just shoot these stormtroopers? Do you have other ideas? I would much prefer not to engage against these odds, but I will."

As this passes over the network -- Kael hears none of it.
G5 contemplates the meat bag comment, that restraining bolt must of done some damage to the droids main cpu, as they are truely walking bags of water....

"YHhth YkMMjuJ NNhBb SdShLgf tttgvvc"stated G5

"why not just point out into the forest and say they went that way, and this one needs to finish cleaning up the mess they made, once they are gone this units can come help you clean up the garage so we can get you to maintenance for a much deserved oil bath and a wax"
OOC:
- convince the droid to just indicate a false direction
- convince droid to continue with its normal routine
Apr 23, 2016 1:48 pm
G5 receives: "This one hadn't thought of that. This one will give it a shot."

2B stands says loudly to Kael and the patrolling troopers, "After causing serious damage to the garage bay, the arrival of this one has startled the miscreants and they ran into the forest." He points for emphasis, "This one was unable to give chase or report this because this one's orders are precise about cleaning up the bay prior to reporting status. This one is ... pleased (this word seems a bit of a challenge for the droid) ... that you have arrived to assist."
OOC:
I'm going to let the triumph bleed into this to avoid a roll to convince the troopers.
Apr 25, 2016 2:26 am
The troopers look at 2B and nod, forming up and heading out of the garage, leaving Kael with the rusty clanker.

Brosck and Moro reach the door to the command center and look at one another. They are able to hear strains of a party -- perhaps the occasional party favor. It sounds like the folks within are thoroughly distracted. Moro looks at Brosck and shrugs -- never particularly skilled with a weapon, he's uncertain that a frontal assault is the best plan.
Apr 25, 2016 2:59 am
Suddenly, Moro looks up at Brosck. He radio's G5. "Can you help me find a nearby environmental control panel? Maybe between us both, we can suck the air out of the command center, or introduce a gas to knock them out."
Apr 25, 2016 1:22 pm
Walking ahead of Moro he hears him on the intercom talking to G5 of a less glorious way to dispose of the Stormtroopers.

He turns around quickly and growls, "You are going to do what????" .
OOC:
this is just in character. I think the idea is brilliant.
Apr 25, 2016 6:46 pm
Keleth says:
Suddenly, Moro looks up at Brosck. He radio's G5. "Can you help me find a nearby environmental control panel? Maybe between us both, we can suck the air out of the command center, or introduce a gas to knock them out."
G5 scan the system for where Moro can introduce knockout gas in to a environment vent. With continued precision G5 determine what needs to be configured in the ductwork to route the gas to the command room and keep it there.

"GGsscsf POO rtthr XXXzzztp", askes G5 to Moro, "Do you have the required Knockout gas?
OOC:

- determine location of proper vent
- determine what subroutine needs to be altered to achieve the routing required
- execute plan only if Moro clearly indicates he has the gas required
Apr 25, 2016 8:11 pm
"I'm sure you've noticed G5, humanoids can be relatively frail. If we can tweak the gas composition from the environmental controls, we can knock them out quickly. I don't have a specific gas with me."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.