Chapters 1, 2, and 3

load previous
Nov 30, 2015 5:58 pm
Shoor, his confidence returning with the death of his strongest enemy, redoubles his efforts, knocking aside Soliin's blade with ease.
Nov 30, 2015 6:09 pm
Hunter frowns in annoyance. She hoped to save some of her magic in case they met the priestess and the expectation that rest would be in short supply, but this drow threatens to waylay the group's escape. The sorcerer flicks her hand at Shoor, as if throwing a dagger, and three magical missiles sparkle out from her grasp.

Rolls

Magic Missile Damage - (1d4+1, 1d4+1, 1d4+1)

1d4+1 : (3) + 1 = 4

1d4+1 : (4) + 1 = 5

1d4+1 : (2) + 1 = 3

Wild Magic Surge - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Nov 30, 2015 6:14 pm
The magical darts do what the blades of her companions could not, slipping past Shoor's incredible defenses to slam him to the ground where he is very, very still.

Everyone gains 250 exp for that battle!
Nov 30, 2015 6:23 pm
Annoyed at his last rebuke, Soliin immediately begins rummaging though the fallen drow's belongings.
Nov 30, 2015 6:29 pm
I step towards our fallen comrade to see if there's anything I can do to save him.

Rolls

Medicine check - (1d20+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Nov 30, 2015 7:30 pm
On Shoor's corpse you find a set of keys, a suit of very nice studded leather armor, two short swords, and a pouch containing 20 gp.

The other downed drow has a short sword, studded leather, a shield and 5 gp.

Xeliss makes her way over to Derendil, who is far beyond saving at this point, as is Ront who lays on the other side of Shoor.

You can all still hear the sounds of combat outside, though it seems to be dying down a bit.

Topsy is helping bandage up Turvy, who is very twitchy and looks near to panic.
Nov 30, 2015 7:33 pm
"We need to move," says Hunter, shaking the effects of the spellcasting from her fingertips. She gestures to Stool to approach, then looks to the stronger fey as though asking them to lead the way.
Nov 30, 2015 8:23 pm
Soliin tries to pocket the pouch of gold without anyone noticing, under the guise of taking the keys. "Anyone mind if I take the leather? I suspect the keys may be useful..."

Rolls

Into the pocket it goes! (Sleight of Hand) - (1d20+7)

(14) + 7 = 21

Nov 30, 2015 8:25 pm
Soliin quietly slips Shoor's gold into his pouch without anyone being any wiser to the act.
Nov 30, 2015 8:31 pm
"Hold on now, lemme take a look at that armor..." In a moment, I'm beside it and inspecting it carefully to see if there's anything magical or otherwise special about it. You never know- sometimes one can find a ruby in a sea of glass.

Rolls

Arcana? - (1d20+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Nov 30, 2015 8:38 pm
Xeliss looks over the armor, it appears to be very finely made, and appears unharmed in spite of all the blood. You can't detect any magic on it at this point.
Nov 30, 2015 9:55 pm
Mai'ngor tosses aside his shortswords and replaces them with Shoor's, "We must kerp moving. Come."
Last edited November 30, 2015 9:58 pm
Nov 30, 2015 10:57 pm
"Better late than never, Elf!" barks towards Hunter with an appreciative nod before turning to find Eldeth and asking in dwarvish, "Get any licks in yerself?"

Agreeing with the others that it is best to get moving he pauses just briefly by the dead guard "Stinking Drow!" Elfog spits and gives the dead elf a solid kick before continuing on.
Nov 30, 2015 10:59 pm
Hunter briefly wonders why Eldeth would want to lick the drow, but chalks it up to a loss in translation. Dwarves.
Dec 1, 2015 12:36 am
Hmmph. I grab the sword off Ront, then continue quickly after the others.
Dec 1, 2015 12:59 am
As you exit the room you come to a rope bridge leading to a narrow ledge. Following this you see the chapel and the priestess' chambers off to your right. Beyond this are the guard towers and beyond them is the lift.

"Imagine the treasures that are stored in there," Jimjar says, licking his lips as you pass the priestess' chambers, "probably where Shoor kept his treasure as well!"

Topsy and Turvy are sweating profusely and twitching nervously. Not uncommon from Turvy, but Topsy is far from her normally bubbly self.

Shuushar is deep in thought and Stoll is wobbling along right behind Hunter.

Eldeth looks to Elfog, "Bastard was quick, couldn't even get me blade near to him! Was worried we wasn't gonna make it."

Sarith pads along behind the group silently, though you can tell from the cold looks that many noticed his lack of contribution to the battle.

Between your group and the lift are a couple of drow fighting three Chasme demons, but it appears that there's enough room for you to avoid the battle should you so choose.

Gonna leave the next step to the party
Dec 1, 2015 1:17 am
Soliin quickly switches armors, and rejoins the group, tightening straps and adjusting pads. "I can try to sneak ahead to the tower, see what I can spot? Maybe a way out? Staying away from the the priestess is probably best... I don't want to face them again... unless it's while they sleep with a dagger in hand."
Dec 1, 2015 1:17 am
"Treasures?" I stop in my tracks and turn towards the priestess' chamber, deep in thought. "She doesn't know we're out yet. It would take but a moment to take something. It would just be a trinket to her. Perhaps she wouldn't even notice! Worth the risk, I think." I nod to myself, then start walking in that direction.
Last edited December 1, 2015 1:17 am
Dec 1, 2015 2:08 am
Hunter hisses, "Not while there are demons about!" She pulls Stool quickly forward to try and avoid the battle, and heads to the lift.
Dec 1, 2015 2:32 am
"Aye! Treasure's no use if yer dead!" Elfog adds as he follows Hunter towards the lift.
Last edited December 1, 2015 2:33 am
load next

Thread locked