Chapters 1, 2, and 3

load previous
Dec 15, 2015 9:51 pm
Society of Brilliance? What?

Rolls

History - (1d20+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Dec 16, 2015 1:52 pm
Xeliss doesn't recognize the name at all.

Hunter doesn't sense any magic from the rings.

"Hey! Don't ignore me! I'm talking to you!" Y says, growing quite agitated.
Dec 16, 2015 3:51 pm
Hunter makes a show of holding the rings out to Xeliss, and in fact allows her to take them.
Dec 21, 2015 3:24 pm
Y glares as the party ignores him and just digs through his possessions instead. Sarith crouches down in front of him and holds a dagger up in front of his face, grinning menacingly, "Why are you here? I find it odd that just as that vent exploded we found you out here alone."

Y leans back away from the dagger, "I was simply out here studying the native fungi when I heard the blast and came to investigate."

Shuushar walks over to Soliin to look at the steam vent. He looks for a moment before nodding, "Yes, not to uncommon down here. Steam gets trapped below and then explodes when the pressure becomes too much."

Jimjar leans in toward Elfog, "Bet you 5 gold that Sarith stabs this one."

Eldeth takes up watch while the others question the derro.

I apologize Keleth, I missed your post asking about the steam vents

Gonna post slowly at this point, as I know most of you are probably very busy
Dec 21, 2015 5:13 pm
"Even if I had any gold on me person I surely wouldn't be taken that bet!" Elfog answers as he keeps a keen eye on the drow. "Still not trusting that one."
Last edited December 21, 2015 5:37 pm
Dec 21, 2015 5:50 pm
Hunter remains quiet and lets the others question the creature. She struggles to remember anything she might have read or heard about this... Society of Light?

Rolls

History - (1d20+3)

(19) + 3 = 22

Dec 21, 2015 6:07 pm
Hunter doesn't remember anything from her studies, but she did hear a couple of drow mention the Society of Brilliance in conversation. They are a small, scholarly group concerned with the odd magics prevalent in the Underdark. Generally considered harmless, they are supposed to be quite knowledgeable.
Dec 21, 2015 6:15 pm
Society of Brilliance, that was it.

"He might be telling the truth," offers Hunter. "The guards had mentioned his group in passing, mainly scholars and bookworms, from what I could interpret. He may possess knowledge that might help us, if we have the right questions."
Dec 21, 2015 6:32 pm
"With enemy territory just behind us, if they're not against us, they shouldn't be our concern," Soliin says, walking up to the tied up Derro. He leans in close to whisper "Listen, Y. My companions and I are escaping the Drow. We don't personally have anything against you, but we need to move, and move fast. If you can help us, I'm sure I can convince the rest you're more useful alive and free; I'm sure you can understand what we've been through under the drow..."

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+5)

(19) + 5 = 24

Dec 21, 2015 7:09 pm
Y smiles at Soliin, "A most beneficial arrangement I would think! I do have pressing business to attend to, but I could at least slow them down a bit for you. That would be good, yes? I would need my components back though!"
Dec 21, 2015 7:32 pm
Soliin looks up to the rest of the group to make his intentions clear, as if saying to them, trust me. Speaking loudly and clearly, he lifts the Derro to his feet. He palms a dagger, and beings untying the rope, taking his time, waiting for an answer before actually making progress. "How could you slow them down? Perhaps you or your organization can help us to our destinations?"
Dec 22, 2015 5:15 am
"You the only one of your people out here? Or are there many others nearby?" I look around suspiciously. I don't trust this one. Then again. there aren't many people I trust anymore. Trust is a luxury these days. I absent-mindedly shake the rings in my hands before I put them into my pocket. They aren't much use to me now, but who knows. Maybe someone will pay some coin for them later.
Last edited December 22, 2015 5:17 am

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(19) + 2 = 21

Dec 22, 2015 2:20 pm
Y shrugs and responds to Soliin, "Lots of ways. Illusion, misdirection, dropping the tunnel, whatever you think best to slow them down," then he responds to Xeliss, "I'm alone out here, just doing some research, you know."

Xeliss doesn't notice anything out in the darkness worth noting. The explosion of the steam vent probably scared most things off.
Dec 22, 2015 3:10 pm
Mai'ngor helps the derro to his feet. "Our apologies for the inconvenience. As you can imagine, our drow friend here is understandably over-cautious after having suffered at the hands of....his former drow friends. Now I think wed best be on our way." In truth, Maingor trusts the derro just about as much as he trusts Sarith (which is to say, not at all). Probably best not to get into specifics, like their destination.

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+1)

(1) + 1 = 2

Dec 28, 2015 2:09 pm
"Now if I could just have my spell components back I could set up some sort of distraction for you and then be on my way," Y says, tapping his foot impatiently.
Dec 29, 2015 9:42 pm
"Hm," ponders Hunter. "I don't seem to have your spell components. Perhaps you dropped it when you tripped and knocked yourself unconscious back there?"
Dec 29, 2015 10:07 pm
Y glares at you all, "Well, I won't help you without my components, and I don't very much like being lied to!"

Sarith sneers at the Derro and draws his shortsword, "I'm done with you, fool," then he looks to the others, "Can we just kill him and be done with it?"

Shuushar shakes his head, "Such meaningless violence is not to be encouraged. Stay your blade, drow. If he wants to leave, just let him."

Stool shakes and hides behind Hunter's legs.
Naatkinson sent a note to CancerMan
Eldeth growls and walks up to Sarith, "Ye best not kill 'im, he's done not a thing wrong! Ye're the one that shot the fella, I say we stab ye instead!"

Sarith laughs at Eldeth and then spits in her face, "Just try it you disgusting iblith."

Before you know it Eldeth punches Sarith and he has his blade drawn and looks ready to kill.

Once again, Jimjar leans over to Elfog, "10 gold says the drow wins."
Dec 29, 2015 10:24 pm
"Enough of this," grumbles Hunter. She lifts her hand in a Stop gesture and interposes a spectral Mage Hand between the faces of Sarith and Eldeth.

"You, derro, what do you need for your distraction? You have one spell, maybe two. And we'll see if we have a component that can help you."
Dec 30, 2015 8:13 am
"I say let them fight," Mai'ngor says, lip curled back in a sneer. The tikbalang tribe settled disputes thus. He would not be sorry to see the drow gone. And if the dwarf should fall instead...Mai'ngor only shrugs to himself.
Last edited December 31, 2015 5:29 am
Dec 30, 2015 2:11 pm
I nod once in agreement. "They get themselves killed, less to bog us down I say." Especially since we are not out of danger yet.
load next

Thread locked