Chapters 1, 2, and 3

load previous
Jan 6, 2016 5:38 am
Coming from a race of tricksters, Mai'ngor isn't easily fooled either.

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Jan 6, 2016 1:58 pm
Mai'ngor, accustomed to tricks, feels for anything that would make him feel as if it's a trick or trap of some kind but feels nothing at all. The communication feels honest, if a bit scared.
Jan 6, 2016 3:00 pm
Mai'ngor pauses. "The message is no trick. I imagine some of you will want to go to that person's aid. I do not share this altruism, as we have our own troubles." The tikbalang shakes his mane. I must admit I am somewhat curious...but I say we move on." He gestures for Sarith to lead them onward towards their destination, Neverlight Grove. Mai'ngor's lips curl back as he considers what sort of welcome might be in store for the drow in the myconids' home.
Jan 6, 2016 3:54 pm
You all hear within your minds the most pitiful cry you've ever heard, "Please don't leave me, I can help you in whatever quest you are on! Take me with you and I can help you drive away the darkness," you hear a sob and then a quiet whisper in your mind, "Just don't leave me in the dark..."
Jan 6, 2016 4:11 pm
"There are a number of reasons why someone would be trapped," sighs Hunter. "For anyone trapped 'for so very long' as it claims, I can only think of the imprisonment of something infernal. At least, that's what the stories all warn us about." But there is uncertainty in her voice.

Hunter holds Stool close, both to keep the myconid from wandering off and for personal comfort. She adds quietly, "Anything mortal would have perished, surely?"
Jan 6, 2016 4:35 pm
Shuushar speaks up, "Many creatures can live 'for so very long'. Elves, dwarves, wizards, demons and celestials. Could be any number of things."

Stool snuggles quietly up to Hunter.

Jimjar thinks for a moment before his eyes light up and he interjects, "Any place that could keep someone so long trapped could contain treasure. Maybe equipment to help us on our way?"
Jan 6, 2016 4:44 pm
"Elves and dwarves still need to eat," counters Hunter, but even she is starting to question her resolve.
Jan 6, 2016 5:03 pm
"If some of our band scouted it, maybe we could find out if its worth our efforts. Given we lack any support or direction down here right now, I think it's in our interest to at least get more information." Soliin looks around at the group, trying to gauge where each of them stands.
Jan 6, 2016 5:11 pm
Eldeth looks at the others with conflicted emotions on her face, "I'm no' sure anymore, I don't like to leave anyone behind who's in trouble but we're not in the best shape to help right now."
Jan 6, 2016 5:20 pm
Hunter nods, slowly. "I suppose... I suppose if it's trapped, we could presumably stay outside and figure out if this being is worth rescuing?"

She takes a deep breath. "I will go. There may be arcana that I might be able to help with."
Jan 6, 2016 8:42 pm
Eldeth nods, "That sounds good, I'll head there with ye just in case ye put yer fanny in a fire!"

Naatkinson sent a note to CancerMan
Jan 6, 2016 10:34 pm
Elfog huffs and shrugs his shoulders. "Maybe I'll just leave with the Drow."

"What ye doing, girl?" he yells at Eldeth in dwarvish.
Jan 7, 2016 2:12 am
Mai'ngor's natural curiosity gets the better of him. "I say we stick together. Come." Not waiting for a response, the tikbalang leads the way eastward.
Jan 7, 2016 2:27 am
Hunter briefly looks back at Elfog's outburst, and mistakenly answers back in broken Dwarvish, "Check voice and break help, maybe." She looks at Stool for a moment, before turning back and following Mai'ngor.
CancerMan sent a note to Naatkinson
Last edited January 7, 2016 2:28 am
Jan 8, 2016 1:22 am
"Well I guess we're going that way now, Drow." Elfog says to Sarith as he falls in line behind the others. "Who thought I think of ye as the sensible one in this group."
Jan 11, 2016 4:28 am
I roll my eyes and follow several feet behind Hunter. If she gets herself killed by what that "trapped" thing is, I'm taking her things. No point having it go to waste.
Jan 11, 2016 4:37 am
"No need for us all to go," Soliin pipes up. "Just a small group to scout. The rest of us can catch up if needed, or stay back if its not what we think."
Jan 11, 2016 4:37 pm
As those who've decided to go head down the eastern passage way you come across a dirty marble wall with a 10x10 bronze door built into the side of it. The door is green with age and appears to pivot on a central axis, which would leave a small opening on either side of the central pivot point.
Jan 12, 2016 4:12 pm
"Well, this is convenient," Hunter remarks dryly. She inspects the obstruction for any clues as to its origin and possible purpose (beyond blocking access). She pays close attention to any sigils, runes, or other types of writing that may be on the wall or door.

Rolls

Investigation (for the entire structure) - (1d20+1)

(15) + 1 = 16

Arcana (if there are any markings) - (1d20+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Jan 12, 2016 11:25 pm
"Any ideas, Drow?" Elfog asks Sarith as he motions towards the door.
load next

Thread locked