Chapters 1, 2, and 3

load previous
Jan 13, 2016 7:07 pm
I examine the openings on either side of the door. Could a small enough creature squeeze in if I were so inclined? (I most likely wouldn't be. Unless there was good reason to.)

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Jan 13, 2016 8:58 pm
The door is rather plain and though the openings would be small any of you could fit through them once the door is opened.

Sarith looks at the Dwarf with a raised eyebrow, "Its a door. If you want to go inside I suggest you open it."
Jan 13, 2016 9:58 pm
"After you. I'm just here to observe." I move back behind the others and cross my arms while uttering a gnomish curse under my breath. I idly wonder how much that bronze door would be worth melted down.
Jan 13, 2016 10:58 pm
Taking a deep breath Elfog mutters several profanities in his native tongue before calming himself. "I know it's a door, DROW, any idea who it's belonging to? You live down here after all."
Jan 14, 2016 12:45 am
Hunter sighs, not finding anything about this door that could clue them in.

"Hello?" she asks aloud.
Jan 14, 2016 2:09 pm
Sarith shrugs, "I'm not sure who it belongs to, there are a lot of things down here that I'm not aware of."

Hunter hears no response from the door, it seems to be ignoring her... How rude!

Eldeth looks around at everyone before stepping up to the door, "We're never going to get anywhere just standing around here!" she says before she steps up and pushes on the door. With a grunt and some straining she is able to open it. "Who wants ta go first?"
Jan 14, 2016 3:14 pm
Mai'ngor strides forward. Eyes glowing red in the darkness, the tikbalang steps through the door.
Jan 14, 2016 9:11 pm
The brave Tikbalang walks confidently into the room and finds it to be rather small, about 15 x 15, with a stone diorama depicting a sorcerer surrounded by attendants, slaves, and other trappings of wealth and power. A vista of fantastic floating cities covers the wall to the left of the entrance. On the other side of the room, flanked by 2 empty stone torch sconces, is a staircase that descends 20 feet to a landing, where the stairs resume again after just a few feet. They go down and out of sight
Jan 14, 2016 11:00 pm
Mai'ngor beckons to the others to follow. The tikbalang chieftain studies the diorama closely. "Here lies wealth and power. Perhaps the means to reclaim my kingdom. Here, no doubt, lies also great peril, for wealth and power must surely be protected. Still, destiny beckons, and so I go. Follow me, or do not. There is no room for caution in a life lived to the fullest"

OOC: Beware, I'm playing Mai'ngor's ideal, bond, and flaw to the fullest here.
Last edited January 15, 2016 10:54 am

Rolls

Arcana, History, Investigation - (1d20, 1d20, 1d20)

1d20 : (7) = 7

1d20 : (16) = 16

1d20 : (9) = 9

Jan 14, 2016 11:21 pm
Mai'ngor is able to determine that the floating cities are likely a representation of the floating cities of Netheril. Netheril was an ancient empire that held magical power beyond anything known in current times though it is long gone now.
Jan 15, 2016 5:08 am
Hunter studies the depiction of the sorcerer, and struggles to recall any mention of it related to floating cities and power.

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20+3)

(17) + 3 = 20

History - (1d20+3)

(15) + 3 = 18

Jan 15, 2016 5:52 am
"I don't hear anyone, do you? Let's get out of here. Why are we wasting our time?" I stare at the mural for a moment, but I'm not much impressed by it.
Last edited January 16, 2016 12:48 am
Jan 15, 2016 5:33 pm
Hunter's magical training lends some insight into the diorama. She recognizes the sigil displayed on the sorcerer's robes as belonging to a netherese sorcerer by the name of Brysis of Khaem who was interred in a fantastic floating tomb. When the netherese magic was lost the tomb fell and was never recovered. Hunter's master, Hobren, used this tale to illustrate the folly of possessing too much pride.

Great rolls!
Jan 15, 2016 5:39 pm
Hunter makes this knowledge known to those in the room. "Well, strange fey," she says, referring to Mai'ngor. "Are you still interested in pursuing this further?"
Jan 15, 2016 5:45 pm
"Powerful sorcerer's tomb? Probably some great stuff in here, but it could be dangerous" Jimjar says, unsure now, then his voice lowers to a whisper, "Let's have the drow go first, he can catch the traps for us and if things go wrong we can leave him behind."

Stool, Shuushar, Eldeth, Sarith, Elfog, and Soliin are still outside waiting at the moment.
Jan 15, 2016 10:47 pm
"Aye, the gnome is right!" Elfog says in agreement with Xeliss' statement. "We can't be wasting our time with this. We need to get the mushroom home and get out of this place."

He then approaches Jimjar and says, "Get yer own cattle to drive, this 'ne for getting the lot of us out!" as he motions to Sarith. "No offense to cattle..." he adds, hoping to get under the Drow's skin.
Jan 16, 2016 12:00 am
At the mention of Stool, Hunter nods vigorously. "Yes, let's get him home," she says, preparing to turn around and leave.
Jan 16, 2016 2:41 pm
Ignoring everyone, the greedy tikbalang starts to creep down the staircase.
Jan 16, 2016 8:11 pm
Mai'ngor descends the stairs, which go down about 100 feet. At the bottom the stairs it opens into a shrine. Shreds of dusty tapestries lie scattered across the floor. Friezes on the walls are defaced with deep gouges, making them unrecognizable. An altar of pale, grey marble stands gouged and cracked against the left-most wall. There is another bronze door on the wall straight ahead and on the the far right wall.

http://s19.postimg.org/nqyzsi5ub/Screenshot_2016_01_16_15_25_39.png
Jan 16, 2016 11:39 pm
I shrug and follow after the tikbalang. He'll get most of the blame if any of us get hurt, and if Jimjar is right it doesn't hurt to at least see if there's anything interesting in the tomb worth taking...

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(15) + 2 = 17

load next

Thread locked