Chapters 1, 2, and 3

load previous
Nov 19, 2015 5:47 am
Mai'ngor wriggles his wrists in his manacles but his hands are too big to slide free. He hasn't the strength to burst the chains either. It takes more than strength to prove a warrior's worth, however. "What is your plan, dwarf? Once free of these chains, how do you intend to be quit of this dungeon? The question is not a challenge; the tikbalang intends for this to be a war council. The question in his mind is, who amongst these prisoners can be trusted?
Last edited November 19, 2015 6:01 am

Rolls

Wriggle free of chains (Dex) - (1d20+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Brute force - (1d20+1)

(15) + 1 = 16

Nov 19, 2015 1:58 pm
Xeliss and Mai'ngor are unable to break the chains or wiggle their way out of them. Sarith sneers in contempt and Ront watches you angrily.

You estimate about another hour before the guards arrive, anyone else want to try anything before we move on?
Nov 19, 2015 5:57 pm
Soliin shakes his head with a resigned smile and just waits.
Nov 19, 2015 6:10 pm
Hunter decides that she wants to try again to free herself, buoyed by the dwarves' success. She pushes away all thoughts of what to do if she succeeds and concentrates on her chains. For added benefit, she grunts a dwarvish curse to inspire her willpower.

Rolls

STR (I have the power!) - (1d20)

(17) = 17

DEX (Wriggle wriggle wriggle) - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Nov 19, 2015 6:15 pm
Hunter is, once again, unable to do anything to the chains and they don't seem to be affected by her struggle.

About an hour later you here talking, in drow, as your jailers approach. Three drow males are outside of your cage. Two of them stand about 15 feet away with hand crossbows pointed at you while the third approaches with keys in hand. He points to Elfog, Shuushar, and Mai'ngor and waves for them to approach before opening the door.

He doesn't seem to notice the broken chains, being too distracted by his companions. The door swings open and he turns to lead you to your task.

I'll give you each an action if you'd like to take one.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Nov 19, 2015 7:03 pm
Mai'ngor rises. As he approaches the cell door he murmurs to Elfog, "As thirsty as I am for retribution against our captors I would caution against a mindless rampage without a true battle plan. But know this: I will fight by your side when the time comes."
Nov 19, 2015 10:45 pm
"Aye! I'll do me best not to stomp on some drow until we've something worked out." Elfog whispers back to Mai'ngor. He'll do his best to try and keep the fact that his chains have been broken. Leaving his hands near his belt as much as he possibly can.

He looks back to Eldeth and mouths in dwarvish - "Free the others."
Nov 20, 2015 2:21 am
Shuushar leaves silently with Elfog and Mai'ngor. Eldeth makes her rounds, trying to free everyone from their chains. Despite all of her efforts she is only able to remove the chains from Hunter. She is too exhausted to continue at the moment, and must sit and rest.

The working prisoners are taken to the main hall to clean and cook. It has four circular tables carved from zurkhwood, each surrounded by five chairs. Part of the hall is used as a food preparation and storage area, containing stocks of dried and fresh fungi, dried fruits, cheeses, preserved meat, and a few clay jars of spices. A heavy iron brazier provides heat for cooking along with dim light, but much of the food is served cold.

In the hall are 4 drow sitting around a table, eating and dicing. There are also 4 quaggoth servants, who are also cleaning and serving the drow. After dropping you off, the guards take positions by the exits to make sure you don't try anything.

What are the people in the cage doing? And what about the work prisoners, do you want to try anything while you're in the main hall?

Every roll will be to free someone else from their chains
That is the limit of the number of attempts that I will allow people to make to escape by strength
Anyone who's still chained may make one dex check to attempt to slip out of their chains

Rolls

Xeliss - (1d20+3, 1d20+3)

1d20+3 : (15) + 3 = 18

1d20+3 : (7) + 3 = 10

Hunter - (1d20+3, 1d20+3)

1d20+3 : (1) + 3 = 4

1d20+3 : (20) + 3 = 23

Soliin - (1d20+3, 1d20+3)

1d20+3 : (8) + 3 = 11

1d20+3 : (10) + 3 = 13

Buppido - (1d20+3, 1d20+3)

1d20+3 : (9) + 3 = 12

Derendil - (1d20+3, 1d20+3)

1d20+3 : (11) + 3 = 14

Jimjar - (1d20+3, 1d20+3)

1d20+3 : (4) + 3 = 7

1d20+3 : (2) + 3 = 5

Ront - (1d20+3, 1d20+3)

1d20+3 : (14) + 3 = 17

1d20+3 : (3) + 3 = 6

Sarith - (1d20+3, 1d20+3)

1d20+3 : (6) + 3 = 9

1d20+3 : (16) + 3 = 19

Stool - (1d20+3, 1d20+3)

Topsy - (1d20+3, 1d20+3)

Turvy - (1d20+3, 1d20+3)

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Nov 20, 2015 6:13 am
Hunter nods to Eldeth in thanks, and helps set her down to rest. She whispers in broken Dwarvish, "You here longer. Guard's key?"
Nov 20, 2015 1:47 pm
Eldeth shrugs and whispers back, "Not sure, never seen 'em take the chains off once they put 'em on ye."
Nov 20, 2015 6:18 pm
Elfog goes about his chores being careful to keep his broken chain concealed as well as he can. "Hopefully some of the others have broken free."

Rolls

Sleight of Hand (Hide Broken Chains) - (1d20+2)

(18) + 2 = 20

Nov 20, 2015 6:21 pm
The drow aren't too worried about the prisoners and don't pay much attention. Elfog manages to keep his broken chains hidden well.
Nov 20, 2015 6:26 pm
About an hour into your work duty, Mai'ngor spills a bucket of water, which splashes on the seated drow. They stand, furious, and approach him, "Damn slaves need to be careful," he says before drawing his sword and slapping the Tikbalang on the hindquarters with the flat of the blade. The other drow laugh and the sword-bearing drow slaps him again, this time drawing blood. The guards are all watching with amusement and the quaggoth slaves keep their heads down and stay out of the way.
Nov 20, 2015 7:44 pm
For the past five days Mai'ngor has been biding his time, mulling over escape plans, patiently waiting for the right moment to strike. This is decidedly NOT the right moment but at this mistreatment by these drow worms something in the tikbalang snaps. He makes a grab for the laughing drow's sword.

Rolling the disarm attempt as a Dex-based attack, if that's ok.

Rolls

Disarm attempt - (1d20+3)

(8) + 3 = 11

Nov 20, 2015 7:47 pm
The drow is caught off guard by Mai'ngor going for his blade, but dances back out of the Tikbalang's reach and manages to keep his blade. The rest of the drow advance on Mai'ngor and start attacking him, quickly beating him into unconsciousness. After he's down the drow he originally tried to steal from approaches, spitting on him and kicking him in the side before walking away.

If no one in the main hall attempts to do anything they drag Mai'ngor away

Rolls

Acrobatics to resist disarm - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Disadvantge* - (1d20+2)

(18) + 2 = 20

Drow 1 Attack - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (14) + 4 = 18

1d6+2 : (4) + 2 = 6

Drow 2 Attack - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (7) + 4 = 11

1d6+2 : (2) + 2 = 4

Drow 3 Attack - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (20) + 4 = 24

1d6+2 : (1) + 2 = 3

Drow 4 Attack - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (9) + 4 = 13

1d6+2 : (5) + 2 = 7

Drow 3 Crit - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Nov 20, 2015 8:25 pm
"And he was worried I would go on a mindless rampage." Elfog thinks as he watches his follow prisoner get beaten down. Not wanting to jump into a four on one battle or let this captors know he has managed to break his chains he waits to see if a better opportunity presents itself as the dark elves drag Mai'ngor away.

Do any of the dark elves stay behind when Mai'ngor is dragged away?
Nov 20, 2015 8:30 pm
As Mai'ngor is dragged away, Elfog looks around, there are only three guards left, and two quaggoth servants cleaning up blood. It seems that the combat ruined the gambling mood the drow were in and they've gone to seek other forms of entertainment.
Nov 20, 2015 8:52 pm
"Can't say I would have handled it any differently. Hope they didn't beat 'im done too bad..."

Elfog will wait until he returns to the cell before taking any action against his captors.
Nov 21, 2015 1:44 am
Noticing the guards distracted, Soliin steps back into the shadows and sees of the commotion knocked anything to the floor to try to use as a lock pick while he tried to wiggle out of his shackles.

Is the check a +5 for my dex? That's all I roll?

Rolls

Wiggle, wiggle - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Nov 21, 2015 2:08 am
Soliin is able to wiggle his hands free of his shackles. They are still connected to his belt, but your hands are now totally free.

A short time later, the guards bring back a newly shackled Mai'ngor, followed shortly after by Shuushar and Elfog. They leave again without taking any more workers, but leave you without any food.

You wait for hours until finally you hear the soft footsteps of drow approaching. Mistress Ilvara rounds the corner with four guards, including Shoor Vandree, Ilvara's current lieutenant and lover. She steps up to the cage, "I see that some of you have gotten it into your heads that you have a right to resist... we're here to make an example," she says and then points to Buppido, "Him, bring him."

She then turns to leave. Soliin is able to make himself appear to still be shackled since they're all too focused on what they're doing with Buppido and they're not worried much about a halfling. The guards bring you all out of the cage, and take you to the ledge overlooking the massive spiderweb that sits below the complex. There are eight more drow waiting here for you. They usher Buppido forward to the very edge, he is very near to panic, "Please, no, don't do this! I didn't do it, please, it was the big one over there," he says, pointing to Mai'ngor.

Mistress Ilvara sneers at him, "What makes you think that I cane one bit who it was? One example will work as well as another," and with that she nods to Shoor, who steps up behind Buppido and shoves him off the ledge.

You all watch him fall, just to land safely on the net. He thrashes to try to free himself and you see giant spiders descend on him and begin eating while he's still alive. You hear his screams and they force you all to watch as he is eaten alive. The sight will follow you into your nightmares for weeks to come. You can hear the drow laughing at the sight and sounds he makes as he dies.

Ilvara nods once to Shoor and stalks off. You are all returned to the cage, where they leave you to stew in the images that won't leave your heads.

You got it, just a d20+Dex will do it, taking your result up to 22
load next

Thread locked