Chapters 1, 2, and 3

load previous
Nov 21, 2015 2:21 am
As they're being led, Soliin keeps his eyes down, as of docile, actively looking for something he can use as a pick.

Any check I can make? Will being proficient with thieve's tools help?
Nov 21, 2015 2:50 am
Now that they've been reunited, Hunter tries to make contact with Elfog. As with Eldeth, Hunter speaks in broken Dwarvish. "I with you," she says, fumbling some conjunctions. "Fight way out, I use magic outside cell." She places a hand upon Stool, indicating that she'd like to bring the myconid along, too.
Nov 21, 2015 5:30 am
I look at the chains once more, so easily broken by many of the others but still maddeningly attached to my wrists. This time, I attempt to slip out of them with an angular twist of the wrists as I pull each apart from the other.

Rolls

Dexterity check - (1d20-1)

(19) - 1 = 18

Nov 21, 2015 2:09 pm
Thinking he's spotted something on the ground, Soliin stumbles on a rock, trying to pocket whatever it is into a fold in his tunic.

Rolls

Look, the other way! (Deception) - (1d20+5)

(14) + 5 = 19

I wonder what that is (Perception) - (1d20+4)

(8) + 4 = 12

Into the pocket it goes (Sleight of Hand) - (1d20+7, 1d20+7)

1d20+7 : (5) + 7 = 12

1d20+7 : (10) + 7 = 17

Nov 21, 2015 3:49 pm
Xeliss, despite her best efforts, is unable to pull her wrists out of the manacles.

Soliin sees something on the ground on the way back to the cage and expertly fakes tripping just long enough to pocket it without anyone noticing. Once back in the cage he is able to determine that it is a broken shard of someone else's manacles, which is about the perfect size to use as a make-shift lockpick.

This lockpick may be used to pick locks at disadvantage due to being an improvised tool.
Nov 21, 2015 6:17 pm
We're in solo cages? Or did I misunderstand? Are the cages close enough that I could reach into another cage and pick a lock?
Nov 21, 2015 6:22 pm
All of the prisoners are in one large cage.
Nov 22, 2015 6:37 am
Soliin fidgets with the chains at his waist, trying to get free. As soon as he does, he goes to the sorcerer. If I can get the magician free, maybe he can provide enough a distraction so I can get away... no more being a table for me!

I'm rolling theive's tools, as I'm not sure what else it would be. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Rolls

Chains at the waist - (1d20+7, 1d20+7)

1d20+7 : (12) + 7 = 19

1d20+7 : (16) + 7 = 23

Hunter's chains - (1d20+7, 1d20+7)

1d20+7 : (15) + 7 = 22

1d20+7 : (11) + 7 = 18

Nov 22, 2015 5:06 pm
"Plan on bringing yer friend into the fight, are ye?" Elfog nods as he approaches hunter. "If you think ye can work ye magic outside of the cell then we should strike when they come to retrieve ya."

OOC: I'm assuming Hunter has had her chains busted. If so, Elfog will work to see what he can do about getting the myconid free.
Nov 22, 2015 5:15 pm
Hunter looks uncertain at the prospect of Stool being in combat. "Bring friend out," she says, trying to remember the dwarvish terms for non-combatant. Hm, were there any, that didn't also imply weakness? She'd try Common, but many ears know Common and since the dwarves started speaking in Dwarvish, Hunter sees no reason to not continue.

Forget it, should be good enough. Hunter continues, "Can magic little outside cell, but need help. Have missile, shield, can-tricks." She looks to the drow guards and their typical crossbows.
Nov 23, 2015 4:11 pm
"Thank you," Mai'ngor rumbles as Soliin unlocks his shackles. The tikbalang rubs his wrists and turns to Elfog. "What now? I trust our halfling friend can also unlock the cell door. Shall we fight our way to the lift? And what of these others?" Mai'ngor gestures at Ront, Sarith, and the other prisoners.
Last edited November 23, 2015 4:29 pm
Nov 23, 2015 4:24 pm
You are all aware that there are no exit tunnels from the outpost. The only ways down that doesn't lead to spiders are the waterfall, which leads to a pool of unknown depth, and the lift on the west side of the outpost.
Naatkinson sent a note to Keleth
Nov 23, 2015 6:14 pm
Hunter scowls, turning her face down in the dark. She would let Ront and Sarith rot for all she cares, but if they can be sent out in front, they could distract the guards sufficiently enough.

CancerMan sent a note to Naatkinson
Nov 23, 2015 6:25 pm
[Note to CancerMan]
Naatkinson sent a note to CancerMan
Nov 23, 2015 6:47 pm
Soliin goes to Xeliss to continue removing chains. As he works on them, he looks around to the rest of the still bound prisoners. "If I open the main doors, can any of you work with a pick? Or... whatever this is? It'll take a while for me to get everyone out...", he says with a weary sigh.

Keleth sent a note to Naatkinson

Rolls

Freeeeeeedom! (Thieve's tools) - (1d20+9)

(20) + 9 = 29

Nov 23, 2015 6:51 pm
Soliin is able to free everyone over the course of about 20 minutes. About five minutes after that he is able to pop the door open, freedom stands before your eyes!

Based on your time here you know it's about time for the guards to change so you are hurrying. As the door swings open you hear the sound a a terrible droning buzz, followed by the sounds of inhuman shrieking.

You can see creatures swooping around the cavern, which anyone with a knowledge of the Arcane* will recognize as demons, specifically Chasme and Vrock. The drow assemble to fight off the demonic incursion when a couple of passing guards notice you stepping out of the cage. They draw their hand crossbows and prepare to fire.

* anyone with at least a +2 to arcana will recognize the demons

Initiative order is drow, players and then NPCs
Next post will be their action

Rolls

Secret Roll

Player Initiative - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Drow initiative - (1d20)

(20) = 20

NPC initiative - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Nov 23, 2015 7:06 pm
Round One

The drow fire their crossbows, scoring hits on Shuushar and Turvy. Shuushar flinches and shudders as he staggers from the poison that coats the bolt, but he manages to hold onto conciousness. Turvy hisses like a rat in response to the attack but seems otherwise unharmed.

The drow drop their crossbows and move forward, drawing short swords, to block you into the cage so you can't overwhelm them. Elfog, Shuushar, and Topsy are at the front of the press right now and are within melee range of the hated drow.

[Editing]

Player Turn!

Shuushar: Wounded (6 Damage)
Turvy: Unharmed!?: (0 Damage)

Rolls

Secret Roll

Drow 1 hand crossbow on Turvy - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (14) + 4 = 18

1d6+2 : (5) + 2 = 7

Drow 2 hand crossbow on Shuushar - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (7) + 4 = 11

1d6+2 : (4) + 2 = 6

Shuushar Con Save - (1d20)

(15) = 15

At front of cage - (1d12, 1d12, 1d12)

1d12 : (11) = 11

1d12 : (1) = 1

1d12 : (9) = 9

Nov 23, 2015 11:05 pm
Seeing his chance Elfog rushes towards the drow blocking the entrance and attempts to knock one of them out of the way so that the others can get out. "Let's see some of yer magic then, aye!" he yells back to Hunter as tries to clear a path.

OOC: Elfog will go into a barbaric rage and attempt to push one of the guards prone. Rage says advantage to Strength checks - I assume that covers athletics check as well but I'm not sure. Ignore it if need be.

Rolls

Athletics Check - (1d20+6)

(4) + 6 = 10

Athletics Check [Advantage due to Rage?] - (1d20+6)

(16) + 6 = 22

Nov 23, 2015 11:47 pm
Elfog slams shoulder first into Drow 1, knocking him down to the ground with ease. He lays on his back trying to force himself to breathe and get back to his feet.

Drow 1 is prone
Nov 24, 2015 2:33 am
With a mad gleam in his eyes Mai'ngor charges forward and aims a vicious kick at the drow guard still standing.

Trampling Charge: If the tikbalang moves at least 20 feet straight toward a creature right before hitting it with a hooves attack, the target must succeed on a DC 11 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone. If the target is knocked prone, the tikbalang can take a bonus action to make another attack with its hooves against the target.
Last edited November 24, 2015 2:38 am

Rolls

Hooves - (1d20+1)

(12) + 1 = 13

potential damage - (2d6+1)

(35) + 1 = 9

Possible bonus attack on prone target (advantage) - (1d20+1, 1d20+1)

1d20+1 : (5) + 1 = 6

1d20+1 : (17) + 1 = 18

potential damage from bonus attack - (2d6+1)

(62) + 1 = 9

load next

Thread locked