OOC Megathread!

load previous
Dec 10, 2015 3:28 pm
Hi all! Page 14. Damn!

Is Eithne still shifted or would that have worn off by this time? She shifted as she was leaving the spheres room, and it only lasts 1 minute.
Dec 10, 2015 3:32 pm
It's your call. It's either been just under a minute or just over a minute.
Dec 10, 2015 3:59 pm
Let's say the combat has just caught the tail end of Eithne's shift. She has 2 Temp HP for the 1st round. :-D
Quote:
Thunderwave
1st-level evocation
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Self (15-foot cube)
Components: V, S
Duration: Instantaneous
A wave of thunderous force sweeps out from you. Each creature in a 15-foot cube originating from you must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, a creature takes 2d8 thunder damage and is pushed 10 feet away from you. On a successful save, the creature takes half as much damage and isn’t pushed.
In addition, unsecured objects that are completely within the area of effect are automatically pushed 10 feet away from you by the spell’s effect, and the spell emits a thunderous boom audible out to 300 feet.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d8 for each slot level above 1st.
Spell save DC against Eithne's spells is 12.
Quote:
Brown Bear
Large beast, unaligned
Armor Class 11 (natural armor)
Hit Points 34 (4d10 + 12)
Speed 40 ft., climb 30 ft.
STR 19 (+4) DEX 10 (+0) CON 16 (+3) INT 2 (-4) WIS 13 (+1) CHA 7 (-2)
Skills Perception +3
Senses passive Perception 13
Languages —
Challenge 1 (200 XP)
Keen Smell. The bear has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.

Actions:
Multiattack. The bear makes two attacks, one with its bite and one with its claws.
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 8 (1d8 + 4) piercing damage.
Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 11 (2d6 + 4) slashing damage.
Last edited December 10, 2015 4:28 pm
Dec 10, 2015 4:35 pm
Gonna apologize now, I rolled 3d6 on my scorching ray, when it should have been 2d6. The perils of copy/pasting :(

Please ignore some of my damage!
Dec 10, 2015 7:55 pm
Golems are tough! I don't expect some of us to survive this battle, Boide in particular!
Dec 10, 2015 8:11 pm
I'm hoping that Ohica's coming alongside will draw some of their attacks, and that her heavy armor mastery will absorb some of the damage that will rain down with their meaty fists.
Dec 10, 2015 8:21 pm
I'm expecting a couple of us to get totally wrecked!
Dec 10, 2015 8:22 pm
I have the scene from the Incredibles in my head, where Dash and Violet are treading water in the ocean after having their plane shot down. "We're gonna die!"
Dec 11, 2015 7:36 am
Maybe there's a way out of this other than fighting? If we leave, do you think the golems would leave the room and follow us?
Dec 11, 2015 7:41 am
It might be worth a try. I forget how wide the hallway is, but if they do follow us, I imagine it would only allow one or two of them the ability to attack, and prevent them from surrounding the group.
Dec 11, 2015 2:17 pm
Candi says:
The door swings open, revealing a short (thirty foot) corridor with a small staircase in the middle. At the end of the corridor the hallway abruptly turns east.

The others won't be able to follow him, however, as the five flesh golems are between the rest of the group and Xasu.

Oo, I hadn't realized Xasu was on the other side. Lucky you, or you two would be receiving a battering.
Me too, I didn't realize Xasu had gone to the other side past the golems. I posted Eithne as standing next to Xasu and I thought that made the two of them the frontline. But I've gone back and Xasu did indeed go to the other side.

So where does that put Eithne the bear then?
Dec 11, 2015 2:18 pm
With Xasu on the other side. You're positioning was Xasu-relative afterall!
Dec 11, 2015 2:29 pm
I hate creatures that are immune to non-magical damage! Puts a lot of stress on poor, broken Valinar :(
Last edited December 11, 2015 2:30 pm
Dec 11, 2015 2:55 pm
When posting OOC comments in the game thread, please try to remember to use green text. It helps me more rapidly parse the post. Alternatively, if you're just asking a mechanics question, that is the purpose of this thread!
Dec 11, 2015 2:57 pm
Quote:
I guess Eithne will have to switch back to shillelagh and shield. Or just use her spells to buff the others. What happens if she casts shillelagh and passes the weapon to another PC? Does the weapon retain its properties (magical, and wielder can use spellcasting stat bonus for the attack roll)?
Reading the spell text "The spell ends if you cast it again or if you let go of the weapon".
Dec 11, 2015 3:40 pm
Oops, I thought I had posted that question to the OOC thread! Feel free to delete or move it. And thanks for the answer :-)
Last edited December 11, 2015 3:41 pm
Dec 11, 2015 3:51 pm
In the words of the great philosopher Bender Rodriguez:

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/9a/9a32b5fd2e96017c9d8f02162b2fb06caaa83327da49a61274dcba6af038d7d3.jpg
Dec 11, 2015 4:04 pm
Wow, damage immunity is terrifying. Luckily, Ohica isn't down yet, but as a player I'm conflicted as to whether to try saving Boide or just hoofing it. Ohica, on the other hand, has no question.
Dec 11, 2015 4:06 pm
Hey, we've taken one down so far. That's good, right?

(I'm running out of spells!)
Dec 11, 2015 4:20 pm
As a player I'm usually terrified of golems primarily because of the damage and condition immunities. They also hit hard!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.