OOC Megathread!

load previous
Nov 24, 2015 7:07 pm
Candi says:
Eithine can only draw the club or shield if she also is going to attack (you get one free 'object interaction' per round, with additional interactions consuming your action). I take it she'll want the club (and will draw the shield next round).
Oh ok. No shield then :-) Will edit my post.
Nov 24, 2015 11:29 pm
And to follow my own recommendations - I just made the following edit to my last post

Players are up again. Xasu has 2 turns worth of actions.
Nov 24, 2015 11:32 pm
*discreetly adds +5 Sword of Shadow Demon Slaying to inventory*
Nov 25, 2015 7:34 am
Ohica had picked up the ring.
Nov 25, 2015 8:45 am
If Xasu liked it, he shoulda put the ring on it.
Nov 25, 2015 5:02 pm
I like it! Big battle going on, lots of shouting and magics flying about...

Ooo shiny!
Nov 25, 2015 7:28 pm
I was pointing out the ring is in Ohicas possession, not on the floor! If she wants to hand it over, that's fine;
Nov 25, 2015 10:38 pm
Success! Continuity restored.
Nov 29, 2015 2:41 pm
Quote:
The lead disc passes harmlessly through the demon...
That's disappointing. I thought that was a really good idea throwing the disc at it!
Nov 29, 2015 4:23 pm
Darn, I thought that it might have something to do with containing the demon. Of course, I also thought that the lead was used to shield the demon from detection, which I think is truly the case.
Nov 29, 2015 4:54 pm
At this point it's not a spoiler, but the adventure indicates that no spells would have been able to detect the presence of an enemy in the globe (and it lists a bunch of spells that only existed in 1ed as unhelpful). Which is to say, you are indeed correct.
Dec 2, 2015 5:29 pm
I'm hoping for a resolution of my first action before I declare my second, but if you prefer, I'll just go straight into that without seeing the results, since Ohica is harried and hurrying...
Dec 2, 2015 7:33 pm
You may cast another spell while maintaining concentration. If you cast another spell that requires concentration though you lose the original spell and instead begin concentrating on the second one.
Dec 2, 2015 7:36 pm
Ah, thanks. Rather than revising my actions, I'll just let it play and remember for the next time.
Dec 3, 2015 5:56 pm
I've had a thought. Valinar's mind was broken at a young age after he caused both of his parents' deaths. He has two sides, the scatterbrained childlike side that he often is in, and the adult, focused side that he takes on when necessary. These lights could represent the "other side" of him, whichever mode he is in. When he is in his unfocused state the lights shine bright, but when he focuses they dim slightly as he absorbs his more adult persona temporarily.

Any thoughts on this? Any chance the DM will let me make them permanent without concentration? I have darkvision, so they're really more of a detriment to me than anything else.
Dec 3, 2015 6:22 pm
Voila! The lights are permanent without concentration.
Dec 3, 2015 6:25 pm
Sweet :) Thanks!
Dec 4, 2015 7:59 pm
Is Ohica staying in the room or leaving the room?

Also, note that "short rest" is not sufficient given my house rules --I need to know how long the rest is going to be (how many units of 10minutes). It will take 2 rest units (or 20min) to identify any magic item.
Dec 4, 2015 9:18 pm
Given what the ring said, Ohica is...disinclined to either wear the ring or attempt to leave the room without inspecting it (trap explosions? No, thank you!). It would be whatever she needs to identify it. I do not know if this would be a good time to take a long rest to regain spell slots and/or HP; I leave that up to the group.
Dec 4, 2015 10:57 pm
Boide wouldn't mind a long rest to regain spell slots and HP. But he'll stay on the other side of the door if it's all the same. :)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.