OOC Megathread!

load previous
Nov 17, 2015 9:05 pm
Waiting to find out if the Sacred Flame did anything to the slime before I act.
Nov 17, 2015 9:11 pm
Oh! I hadn't even realized that happened. If you edit a post to include more details, post here to let me know. I subscribe to threads and so sometimes I see the thread as soon as a post is made. So if you make an edit more than 5-10 minutes after you make a post, definitely post here or else I'm not likely to see it.
Nov 17, 2015 9:12 pm
Alternatively, you can just make a second post. In general, that's probably the best course of action.
Nov 17, 2015 9:12 pm
I was wondering if you had perhaps missed it :)
Can't hurt to do a quick "bump" every now and then
Nov 18, 2015 1:17 am
Point taken. I will do multiple posts in future, and not try to clean up my typos after posting or insert a reference to someone else's near-simultaneous post, as I did here.
Nov 18, 2015 1:18 am
On another note...

...can I be the mapper? Playing these AD&D modules is making me nostalgic for drawing a map of the dungeon. Would anyone mind if I did that, given that I might occasionally ask for more detailed description of the dimensions of things?
Nov 18, 2015 1:19 am
Please do be the mapper, I am terrible at it and it needs to be done :)
Nov 18, 2015 4:03 am
I loves me some maps!!
Nov 18, 2015 7:13 am
*Passes the pencil and grid paper and to Spaceseeker* :-D
Nov 18, 2015 7:34 am
You can clean up typos, just don't insert responses to posts after yours, or add new actions. Just make new posts for that (even if that means double-posting).

As you plan to map, I'll keep that in mind with the descriptions. Feel free to make a "dungeon map thread" and put links to your maps in it.
Nov 18, 2015 9:29 am
I've made an attempt to map what we have so far, but the scanner won't be available until morning, as my wife is preparing for her Industrial Revolution Arts & Literature class now.
Nov 18, 2015 9:53 am
Lovely! I've tried to correct some possible false beliefs in my latest post about the shape of the dungeon (if you're not mapping these details don't matter, but if you are East and North East are hugely different!). Also, sometimes as I narrate dungeons I feel like a MUD

The hallway forks here. One fork goes north, the other east for twenty feet then south. From here you can go North or East...
>
Nov 20, 2015 12:48 am
>brief

>E

>S

>look room
Nov 20, 2015 12:54 am
I'm fully expecting a trap, and had a long in-character bit of dialog I was planning to deliver about empty dead-end rooms, and how they probably mean that they contain a secret door, but also have traps, but Tolvaj entering the room circumvented Ohica's long-windedness. Probably by now, everyone in the party tries to do what they can to keep Ohica from starting one of her long monologues...

...but the price? Possibly springing a trap.

ZAP!
Nov 20, 2015 1:56 am
Tolvaj isn't the brightest knife in the basket.
Nov 20, 2015 2:07 am
Well, he might be lit up pretty soon!
Nov 22, 2015 11:29 am
I suspect there's some sort of pattern or order to the globes but Eithne probably can't communicate this concept (if it even occurs to her). Unsuprisingly the big boys are all for smashing stuff. Don't we have any problem solving types among the PC's? :-D
Nov 22, 2015 4:58 pm
No other apparent doors, though. Each globe has a key, so I'm thinking that unless someone stumbles upon a secret portal, those keys are for the door we just came in from.

Of course, I'm also thinking that we probably have a limited number of tries before something terrible happens. :)
Nov 24, 2015 7:01 pm
Eithine can only draw the club or shield if she also is going to attack (you get one free 'object interaction' per round, with additional interactions consuming your action). I take it she'll want the club (and will draw the shield next round).
Nov 24, 2015 7:03 pm
Candi says:
Eithine can only draw the club or shield if she also is going to attack (you get one free 'object interaction' per round, with additional interactions consuming your action). I take it she'll want the club (and will draw the shield next round).
And donning a shield takes your action
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.