2.0 - Lure of the Lost

load previous
Mar 10, 2017 3:01 am
"Warden were you able to courel some of their number? We just need to detain them faster than they can escape out of the valley. We should hit the fastest travel route by speeder bike and put Kaveri and Dagger on retival of the unconscious. This nastiest one will show when he realizes he's being stopped. " Heyop offers.
Mar 10, 2017 9:06 pm
"I need a moment" Csillag says quietly, dropping to one knee. She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath but the power which she had hope to draw upon escapes her.
OOC:
The dark side keeps tempting me. :-)
Last edited March 10, 2017 9:09 pm

Rolls

Force for healing.

1 Black Force Point

Mar 13, 2017 7:42 pm
great, just kriffing great. Mal says before he deactivates his lightsaber and runs to the rest of the team

if we split up, we can cover more ground. Mal looks up at the ceiling so what does this dark jedi look like? how will we know him?
Mar 14, 2017 2:20 pm
Joka swings by Csillag and hands her a couple stims. "I'll check in on Dagger and Kaveri and make sure Hethan is safe and the temple's systems are operating correctly." He moves off quickly.
OOC:
Csillag you can use the stims if you like -- two stims will restore 9 points of wounds. Next stim would be 3.
The Jailor looks to Heyop and says, ""They seem to be split into three groups. If they continue on their current paths, each heads into the jaws of a new disaster for us. One group surges toward a speeder that could take them beyond the valley. Another is headed for the villagers with murder in their hearts. The last is being called by the Caves of Light and Shadow. I fear for the vergence within if they bring their darkness to it."

Mal's question also gets a response. "Rav is a middle-aged human male. He is of trim build. Before the Clone Wars broke out, Rav Naaran was a rising star within the Jedi Order, a senior knight renowned for his discipline and courage. Many thought he would soon join the Jedi Council. His ascension was delayed when fighting broke out across the Republic, although he, like many others, was afforded the rank of general in the Republic’s military during the crisis. Rav was never one of the order’s more forgiving or gentle peacekeepers, and his battles in the Clone Wars only encouraged his sterner nature. He hardened and grew sharper, dealing with his foes with increasing harshness, until at last he broke and became that which he despised. In honor of the man he once was, I shall not speak of his fall. In deference to the realities of the creature he has become, I must warn you—he slew many before he was brought to the Dawn Temple, including his own brethren of the Jedi Order."
Mar 14, 2017 2:37 pm
"Thanks Jailor, I'm headed to the group moving to the speeders, then to the village on a speeder." Heyop states picking up his weapon before stretching and jogging off, "That should slow them and then keep it quiet to the outsiders... if I was Rav tactically the Cave of Light and Shadows would give me the best advantage besides a speeder." he offers up already moving to slow the enemies movements.
Mar 14, 2017 7:38 pm
Urik steps out, eyeing the Jailer for a moment, then says, "I'm going after the group headed for the village. We have to protect those people. Heyop, if I get there before you, we should combine our forces, make sure the villagers are safe, then take the speeder to the Cave."

Urik pulls his lightsaber off his belt, looks at it for a moment, hesitates...

"Unless you think I should make straight for the Cave. If you think that is where Rav would go...he must be stopped before he can hurt others." he looks to the Jailer.
Last edited March 14, 2017 7:39 pm
Mar 14, 2017 9:47 pm
Thanking Joka for the stims she'll quickly administer them and slowly get back to her feet. "I'm with ya" she says to Heyop following quickly behind.
Mar 15, 2017 2:36 am
The Jailor pauses as the Warden and the Curator manifest next to him. "Remember -- you can call on us for help. The Curator can manifest all over the valley and may be able to provide some insight. The Warden will watch temple defenses and can coordinate comms if you split up. I can do little but offer words of encouragement and advice -- but will happily do so."

Looking to Urik he says, "I'm afraid I cannot sense or detect where Rav is at this time. It's difficult to say whether he would seek the speeder -- and quick escape, or the powers of the Cave, or if he would be overcome in his desire to do harm to the village."
Mar 15, 2017 6:02 am
tactically, anyone headed for the cave would stay there for some time, there's no need to deal with that right now. The village seems like the most in need of attention. Looks like I'm with you, boy. he says as he claps Urik on the shoulder.

Heyop and cis, intercept them at the speeders then meet up with us at the village. sounds like we all need to be together when we confront Rav if he can truly take out master jedi, it would be suicide for anyone to face him alone.
Mar 15, 2017 2:44 pm
Urik looks at Mal, his face troubled. But he nods, "Lets be go then. No time to waste!"

With that, Urik takes off at a full run toward the village.
Mar 15, 2017 5:45 pm
I still believe the Speeders are the priority, I will go with Csillag and Heyop... Perhaps we should temporarily disable any speeders we don't use ourselves to prevent anyone we miss sneaking in and using them after we leave? Marc moves to catch up and accompany Heyop.
Mar 16, 2017 1:46 am
Marc, Csillag and Heyop make for the speeders. Your swift pace has let you reach the speeder before the escapees can seize it, but you haven’t been able to beat them altogether. You see a small crowd of six of them approaching it from another path. You’ll need to take more serious measures to prevent them from getting away.

Urik and Mal make for Frostwall Village. On your way there, the Warden comms you both and says, "Kaveri requested I send word to the village to warn them of an impending attack, so I have done so." You’ve barely made it to the village in time. As you arrive, you see a group of escapees ahead of you, rushing toward the village. Now that they see a target, they seem to be headed for it at top speed. The villagers are hardy people, but this is still a threat that could do them great harm. You’d better make your intervention count. At first blush there are seven of them headed towards the village.
Mar 16, 2017 6:16 am
Marc remembers some of the horror holovids he had watched in his spare time. In all of the horror flicks, the heroes would split up and then be cut down by the bad guys. Sometimes life really is like the holovids he thought, smiling.

Marc ignites his lightsaber and activates his jump boots in an attempt to leap between the 6 escaping prisoners and the speeders. Marc intends to attack the prisoner closest to the speeders.
OOC:
I'm guessing that Marc is in for a good solid beating. As in, 6 crazy people beating the life out of him, but ah well. That's the thing about life; in the end, nobody makes it out alive.

Are we doing initiative checks?
Mar 16, 2017 12:51 pm
"Warden lock down the bay if you can." Heyop states eyeing the incoming squad seeing the younger one rushing the group. Side skirting his path his companion is taking Heyop will pull his Carbine getting them in his sights before he shoots into their numbers hopefully whittling them down before they collide in combat.
Mar 16, 2017 8:08 pm
OOC:
I like your strategy a lot better than mine. Would have held back if I knew the hangar doors could be secured. Ah well, live and let die.
Mar 16, 2017 8:22 pm
OOC:
Unsure if they can be but slowing them down and hitting from afar is better than being surrounded in melee. Minions hit harder in unison.
Mar 16, 2017 9:37 pm
OOC:
I'll give you guys the advantage of initiative in both cases. Note that I'm not clear there /are/ hangars. Didn't you all leave your speeders at the bottom of a path or something?
Mar 16, 2017 11:20 pm
OOC:
That was a few days ago when some members of the party got socked around and I was shot. I wasn't clear if the hangers had roll up doors or if they were just a cleared away area or even automated. That's why I stated it the way I did cause technology is weird to Heyop.
Mar 16, 2017 11:51 pm
OOC:
In that case, I'll take a swing at the nearest guy and jump out of there if possible. I would prefer to not be lying in a pool of my own blood.
Lightsaber Attack: (May the Force not only be with me but be on my side this time!!!)

12 Lightsaber damage, using 1 advantage to trigger Linked, striking his opponent again for 9 more damage, passing the other 3 advantage to Heyop or Csillag to use, using jump boots to jump medium distance away from these guys. Marc has decided to follow Heyop's lead (after the fact) and not close with these guys unless he has to. Hopefully, he's taken one of them down. Marc has decided to make finding a blaster a priority in the future so he doesn't get his backside handed to him on a platter.
Last edited March 17, 2017 12:09 am

Rolls

Lightsaber Roll

4 Success, 5 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 4 Advantage

Mar 17, 2017 7:36 pm
Heyop watched the area as the young Marc dove into combat, either from seeing others not rush in or the metal of a carbon being leveled as he moved out of the way after he attacked. With a clear sight at the enemies with now friendlies in his scope he aimed into the bulk of the forces.
OOC:
Unsure how many needed to disengage so I'll roll my pool stick

Rolls

Heavy Ranged with Aim plus QStrike R2

6 Success, 2 Advantage, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 4 Success, 1 Advantage

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.