2.0 - Lure of the Lost

load previous
Mar 18, 2017 4:00 pm
As her two comrades take immediate offensive action Csillag will position herself behind Heyop. Readying her lightsaber she'll keep her eyes open for other, nonobvious, threats.

Rolls

Perception

4 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 3 Success

Mar 20, 2017 7:51 pm
OOC:
Marc -- in this round you jumped into the fray as well. Are you spending the two strain for a second maneuver to disengage? Also note that you won't need to activate 'Linked' in order to bring down a target, so you can re-use those two advantage if you like. I'll assume unless otherwise stated you take the strain and offset it with the advantage you don't spend on linked and only pass two advantage along as a boost to yourself next round (since Heyop and Csillag didn't use it).
Marc's lightsaber attack and subsequent retreat from the scrum is successful this time -- as surprise is with him. One of the six goes down. As he gets out of the way, Heyop lands a shot bringing another of the half dozen down. With quick action you have nearly evened the odds. Csillag stays back and wary, but doesn't spot anything untoward. That said, the escapees are headed to you in order to take the speeder. They close the distance from medium range and engage -- 2 on Marc, 1 on Csillag and one on Heyop.
OOC:
Urik? Mal? How 'bout over at the village?
Mar 20, 2017 8:15 pm
OOC:
Yes. I jumped in as my first maneuver and I am taking 2 strain to use a 2nd maneuver to jump back out and put distance between myself and certain death before Heyop goes Terminator on them. If I can, I'd like to use the advantage left over to recover strain this round?
Mar 20, 2017 8:57 pm
Heyop lets his Carbine fall to his side on the sling his hand flashing to his Truncheon and steps in as an attacker closes the distance. Watching the movements he tries to connect the tip of his weapon past their defenses to forcefully push them back.
OOC:
Eight Damage I believe and spending the Adv on a boost die to the next friendly player. Also my attacker is at 2x setback die.
Last edited March 20, 2017 8:58 pm

Rolls

Melee + Quick Draw + Aim

3 Success, 3 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 1 Advantage

Mar 20, 2017 9:47 pm
Lining up her attacker Csillag takes a half a step back to brace herself and lashes out as soon the escapee is within range.
OOC:
One maneuver to aim and one boost die from Heyop.
EDIT: Swing in a miss. Pass those advantages along...
Last edited March 20, 2017 9:47 pm

Rolls

Lightsaber Attack

2 Success, 6 Advantage, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 5 Advantage

Mar 21, 2017 5:50 am
OOC:
Great, just great. The psychotic people seem to like me, just the kind of friends I've never wanted but always seem to find... I'm guessing that inclusion into their wonderful little club involves beating me to death.
Marc sighs. He really doesn't want to fight these guys, he doesn't have any idea if they are victims, deranged killers, or something in between. He knows that he can't just turn these poor souls loose though and he's already seen that they won't listen to the sweet voice of reason, (or the sweet voice of Coercion, in Joka's case). Since it doesn't seem like he has much of a choice, he attacks the closest enemy as soon as he (she?) is in range.
OOC:
Using a boost die from Csi. Can we use the 4 of the 5 advantage passed on from Csillag to give her attacker 2 setback dice?
Lightsaber Attack: 12 damage from Lightsaber. If he's still standing, spending 1 advantage to activate Linked and hit him for another 9. Otherwise, I'd like to spend 4 Advantage to give the second person attacking me 2 setback dice and pass on the remaining advantages to Heyop or Csi.
Last edited March 21, 2017 5:54 am

Rolls

Lightsaber Roll

4 Success, 10 Advantage, 3 Threat

Total: 4 Success, 7 Advantage

Mar 21, 2017 7:58 am
Marc is determined to take on his second opponent hand to hand and attempt to subdue the person without killing him/her. He really doesn't like using a lightsaber on these people who are using makeshift weapons, it feels wrong. Why did he do it then? Simple really; Marc believes that allowing them to bash in his skull would be rather detrimental to his overall well-being.
Mar 23, 2017 1:48 am
OOC:
Caught up and ready to post, but I'm going to wait for a GM cue as to the scene at the village.
Mar 23, 2017 6:37 am
OOC:
I'm just glad I have Heyop and "Skullthumper" (Heyop's truncheon) around. Heyop and Skullthumper have the old "two hit" theory down pat. Now as far as the Village People go, I'd verify identities if you can. You're looking for a Cowboy, an Indian, a Biker, a Motorcycle Cop, a Construction Worker and another guy in some kind of military uniform. No telling what the scene is going to be like. Remember that there are many solutions to a problem. For instance, instead of fighting escaped crazy people, you might be able to challenge them to a dance-off. If you have the real Village People there, you're going to win a dance-off without much of a problem. Just trying to help you think outside the box. By GM I'm assuming that you mean Genial Meatpuppet and that's me, which is why I'm responding to this. Let me know if that helped.
Mar 23, 2017 11:16 am
OOC:
fyi I don't think the village people couldn't really freestyle dance besides coordinated step moves in unison.
Mar 23, 2017 4:32 pm
OOC:
Heyop, my read of the truncheon in RAW is that you need 2 ADV to trigger Disorient, and that Disorient 2 provides 1SB for 2 rounds, rather than 2 SB for 1 round. Since you only have 1 ADV I don't think it triggers.

Marc: confirmed, we'll have Csillag's adv create 2xSB on her opponent.
Over by the speeders, Heyop, Csillag and Marc try to fend off the crazies. Heyop's truncheon is a blur as he engages his target smacking him repeatedly about the torso. Although the target grunts at the impact, it's not enough to prevent a counter-attack.
OOC:
Heyop's target takes 8 - 4 = 4 damage. 5 remain.
Csillag, still getting the hang of the lightsaber, misses with several stabbing strikes as her target frantically dodges. A few times there's a close call, and the clothing of her adversary has more than a few smoldering slashes.
OOC:
Csillag's opponent gets 2xSB.
Marc's lightsaber slashes out, bringing down one of his opponents and shocking the other with the quick finality of it. Seeing the odds even out gives Csillag and Heyop some additional hope.
OOC:
Marc's last opponent has 2xSB. 3 ADV passed as boost (3xBoost to the next person to roll).
Mar 23, 2017 4:36 pm
OOC:
Wow. That's some interesting dice...
Heyop's opponent has picked up a metal bar in the temple and swings it like a bat at him. He takes careful aim to try and maximize his damage. A fast melee ensues as Heyop swings the truncheon to block each attack in turn. With a deft spin, Heyop is able to counter his opponent's fiercest attack -- but his grip on the truncheon fails and it sails away, leaving his opponent with a grin.
OOC:
No damage. Truncheon is at short range. Opponent gets 1xBoost next round for his 2ADV.
Csillag's opponent, suitably cautious at the assault, nonetheless tries to wade in and disable her. Concerned about the lightsaber, he adopts a more defensive posture. Despite Csillag's best efforts, she manages to get clocked upside the head with some delightful blunt force trauma causing her to see stars.
OOC:
Csillag takes 6 - 3 soak = 3 wounds. Csillag's next attack difficulty is upgraded to RP. Opponent is in defensive stance, so any attack on opponent with melee gets a SB.
Marc's adversary is wary of the man with the lightsaber, but feels the need to escape the valley and swings a makeshift weapon, aiming carefully to do maximum damage to Marc. He lands a couple hits, but Marc's armored robes help him shrug off the impact.
OOC:
No damage. 3 ADV used to give next actor on badguys 1 boost and Marc a SB.

Rolls

Attack on Heyop

1 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Triumph, 4 Failure

Total: 3 Failure, 2 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Attack on Csillag

1 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Triumph, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 1 Triumph

Attack on Marc

2 Success, 5 Advantage, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 3 Advantage

Mar 23, 2017 4:39 pm
OOC:
Oh yeah I keep getting confused about that, my apologies. Imma use dodge/parry or both if I can.
Last edited March 23, 2017 4:41 pm
Mar 23, 2017 5:52 pm
Meanwhile, back at Frostwall village -- Urik and Mal see a band of about seven crazies headed into the village with violence on their minds. Thanks to some warning, the Villagers have put up a couple snipers on the walls and as the crazies close the distance, they open fire.
OOC:
Ok Mal and Urik -- y'all can go. We'll call you medium to the crazies and extreme to the village. Crazies are 'long' from the village.
Mar 23, 2017 6:12 pm
Heyop's eyes remain locked with his combatant as he hears the clatter of his weapon, while the grin forms in front of him Heyop's hand is already pulling a blaster from his side and aiming at his opponent at point blank range, "Should have just taken the beating..." he states as he draws his weapon up sidestepping into a shooter's stance and aiming at the man before shooting him to stun.
OOC:
I felt bad using all those boost but jes. 6+Successes so he might be down sleeping it off.
Last edited March 23, 2017 6:13 pm

Rolls

Ranged - Light + Aim +1 P due to engaged distance

6 Success, 4 Advantage, 2 Failure, 4 Threat

Total: 4 Success

Mar 23, 2017 10:39 pm
Although practiced in the art of being struck during combat, the smack upside of her head catches Csillag off guard. Doing her best to recover she focuses on her attacker and lunges forward, hoping to strike under his defenses.
OOC:
Double aim (and take the two strain).

EDIT: If he's not already dead from the attack, she'll use the 2 advantage as a critical, otherwise she'll pass the boost along. I see a despair come up in the results, but not on the die? I'm sure there's something suitably evil we can come up with for it.
Last edited March 23, 2017 10:42 pm

Rolls

Saber Attack

5 Success, 2 Advantage, 2 Failure, 1 Despair

Total: 3 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Despair

Mar 24, 2017 1:06 am
Marc strikes out at his opponent.

7 damage to the opponent with 6 Pierce. (I mis-figured it like 3 times now) Chuck knows Karate and so do I, (sometimes), other times the Intersect is offline.
OOC:
2 threat though. I don't know if that upgrades his attack against me or if it causes Marc to break his hand or something.
Our GM (Genius (of) Mayhem) will probably have me pull a muscle in my groin. That's NOT a suggestion Falryx!!!
Last edited March 25, 2017 10:24 pm

Rolls

Brawl

2 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Failure, 3 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 2 Threat

Mar 24, 2017 1:43 pm
Urik puts on a burst of speed, then performs the Force Leap maneuver and lands in the midst of the mob, igniting his lightsaber and shouting "STAND DOWN OR BE CUT DOWN! FACE DOWN ON THE GROUND IF YOU WANT TO LIVE!"
OOC:
Taking 2 Strain to take an extra Maneuver and move into Engaged range.

On the Force Leap maneuver: previously we were having me roll a Force Die, but reading the RAW, it seems like its just a maneuver that can be taken. If you aren't happy with that, I'm happy to add a Force die roll.

Urik is making a Coersion check here to get this group to stop in their tracks. I'll use my Intimidating talent and suffer 1 more Strain to reduce the difficulty by 1. I'm assuming it would have been Hard (3 purple) so I am rolling it as Average (2 purple).

Rolls

Coersion (Will=3, 1 rank)

6 Success, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 5 Success, 2 Threat

Mar 25, 2017 8:19 am
OOC:
I'm disappointed now. I thought Friar_Tuk was playing Ulrich von Liechtenstein from Gelderland (RIP Heath Ledger)
Mar 26, 2017 4:54 pm
OOC:
since Mal has force leap as well, he would be doing the same thing. if the kid can't intimidate the crazies, mal will start swinging as he and Uril stand back to back.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.