2.0 - Lure of the Lost

load previous
Apr 1, 2017 3:05 am
OOC:
Can I take Helvar, (my animal companion through Animal Bond) with me to fight the crazies at the Cave (since it's looking like I'm going to be on the wrong side of a re-enactment of the Alamo over there) *sigh* I have a bad feeling about this...
OOC:
Also, I would like to borrow a thermonuclear bomb and a remote detonator, if that's available...?
OOC:
Im going to try to get to the Cave before these enemies if possible and ambush them, open up on them from range and hope to get lucky. If my character doesn't make it, I expect a LOT of tears and some sort of ceremony. Heyop is going to want to burn my body. Don't do it; CLONE ME!!! (of course, if my clone turns out to be evil, please kill the evil clone immediately)
OOC:
It's too bad that Helvar can't drive a speeder, or I would just circle strafe those guys. If only dogs had opposable thumbs...
Last edited April 1, 2017 4:29 am
Apr 4, 2017 2:19 am
OOC:
On the Animal Friend -- while I accept you have the talent, it (he?) hasn't been part of the narrative yet that I recall. Have you found such a beast already?

Urik and Mal -- are y'all gunna sit and wait for these guys to attack you or what?
Apr 4, 2017 2:39 am
OOC:
No, sorry for the delay in posting.
Urik grits his teeth, "You leave me no choice." He can feel Mal at his back, a reassuring presence as he lunges for the nearest enemy with his lightsaber.

Rolls

Lightsaber

5 Success, 2 Failure

Total: 3 Success

Apr 4, 2017 3:39 am
OOC:
That's a fair point. I'll still try to beat the crazy people trying to the cave and set up an ambush if I can. The Lone Ranger rides again, (and yet I feel like Tonto, on his way to town...)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzJ8cCU0nX4 for anyone who didn't get that reference.
Apr 4, 2017 12:37 pm
OOC:
Let me know when enough time has transpired to show up at the village for me. Unsure what Csillag is doing.
Apr 4, 2017 10:14 pm
OOC:
Keeping right on Heyop's tail
Apr 5, 2017 12:31 am
OOC:
I'm gunna figure ~3 rounds for Mal and Urik before Heyop and Csillag can show on speeders.
Apr 5, 2017 3:53 am
Mal also swings his lightsaber to attack.

Rolls

Mal lightsabers

2 Success, 2 Advantage, 3 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 1 Advantage

Adding an aim

2 Advantage

Total: 2 Advantage

Apr 5, 2017 3:57 am
Urik's attack slashes out and easily cuts down one of his adversaries -- reducing the number before them to four from five. Mal's own attacks are deftly dodged by the three assailants before him. However he manages to create openings for both himself and Urik.
OOC:
Boost to Urik and Mal next action from the 3 adv.
The villagers open fire with their slug rifles, but manage not to score a hit at this range. The four beings assault Mal and Urik with their makeshift weapons.

Rolls

Villagers fire

2 Success, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Threat

Attack 1 on Urik

2 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 1 Threat

Attack 2 on Urik

5 Success, 2 Failure

Total: 3 Success

Attack 1 on Mal

Attack 2 on Mal

Apr 5, 2017 4:08 am
Urik is successfully hit twice by his opponents as they overwhelm his defenses. The hits are not serious, but the give the young man pause, all the same. One of them manages to move slightly out of position, giving Urik a bonus on his next attack.
OOC:
Total damage is 7 - 4 + 8 - 4 = 7. Urik is 12/19. Turning threat into a boost for Urik.
Mal's defenses are similarly overcome as the two opponents seem to work in tandem. However while they are able to land attacks, they do so in a way that positions Mal for a devastating counterattack.
OOC:
Total damage is 7 - 4 + 7 - 4 = 6. Mal is 9/15 - I don't think you'd updated your wounds back to full and you haven't taken damage in this engagement/scene yet. Turning threats into boosts for Mal.

Urik: 2 boost on your next (aim makes 3)
Mal: 3 boost on your next (aim makes 4)
Apr 5, 2017 10:09 pm
OOC:
Ouch. I hope that Heyop and Csillag arrive in time to pull their bacon out of the fire. Really hoping that Marc doesn't have to engage the enemy and that reinforcements get here before he has to go into combat. I'm really hoping that if I do have to fight the guys going toward the Cave that I'll be able to knock down a couple at long range before they get close to me. Hmmm.. Maybe I can fire from my speeder, a couple of times, and then take off when they get close if the reinforcements aren't here yet.
OOC:
Falryx, are you ABSOLUTELY sure that I couldn't train my dog to drive a speeder? I think it would be very cinematic... :) Think about how many levels it would hit on. A close up of the the brave dog's determined face as he's driving the speeder. Marc fumbling with a blaster rifle and probably looking down the barrel to make sure its ready to fire. The bad guys coming over the hill, sweating and exhausted from their run across the valley. The dog accelerating the speeder for the first strafing run against the enemies. The horror and shock on the enemies faces as they realize they are about to the victims of an old school drive-by shooting (and seeing a dog driving a speeder). The jubilation and cheering at the firey explosion as the dog crashes the speeder into a tree!

...Upon further consideration, maybe the dog shouldn't be driving the speeder after all...
Last edited April 5, 2017 10:21 pm
Apr 5, 2017 10:14 pm
OOC:
sorry I haven't kept up on the combat. will try to do better before vacation
Apr 6, 2017 5:20 pm
OOC:
I believe we are up again, if not, disregard this post. Also, what are these guys armed with?
Urik begins to snarl, then remembers his recent discipline training and calms his mind. He refocuses on his opponents and strikes out with precision.
OOC:
Using Maneuver to Aim.
OOC:
AARRRGHH! THIS WHY I HATE (LOVE) THIS SYSTEM!!
Last edited April 6, 2017 5:21 pm

Rolls

Lightsaber

1 Success, 6 Advantage, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 5 Advantage

Apr 6, 2017 5:23 pm
Mal waits patiently for one of the enemies to make a sudden move and leave themself open. when he sees an opportunity, he strikes
OOC:
aiming and them striking out with the lightsaber, using the 4 boosts I get

woohoo! I'd like to trigger a crit, please. and maybe for the threat I accidentally nudge Urik off balance. back to back isn't always so awesome.
Last edited April 6, 2017 5:24 pm

Rolls

lightsaber attack

2 Success, 6 Advantage, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 5 Advantage

this boost didn't fit in the die roller

Apr 8, 2017 2:21 pm
OOC:
Urik - thoughts on how you want to use that advantage? Maybe knock one of 'em prone? Or hand out a bunch of setback?
Apr 12, 2017 1:48 am
falryx says:
OOC:
Urik - thoughts on how you want to use that advantage? Maybe knock one of 'em prone? Or hand out a bunch of setback?
OOC:
I'd like to hand out as many setbacks as I can ;)
Apr 17, 2017 10:44 pm
OOC:
I'm back! Sorry for the hiatus. Was busy busy busy skiing. Then I injured myself! So, you know.. fun stuff. =) Handing out setbacks! Rollin' crit for Mal (assuming he's in the UK and not gaming much).

Rolls

Crit for Mal - (1d100)

(71) = 71

Apr 17, 2017 10:47 pm
Urik attacks -- and it is a blur -- but unfortunately for him they're a blur that the enemies seem all able to dance out range or dodge aside -- not a single one of his swing hits. Nonetheless, his furious assault causes both of his opponents to get slightly out of position to counterattack.
OOC:
Urik Opponent 1 will have 2 SB, and opponent 2 will have 1 SB
With his back to Urik Mal leaps forward and engages one of his opponents. He gets a clean strike on one of them, hamstringing them. Although still in action, the crazed individual is rooted to the ground and must either choose to move or strike. He's standing, but it looks like a stiff wind will finish him.
OOC:
Mal opponent 1 has 1 SB and opponent 2 has one SB from remaining ADV
Apr 17, 2017 10:50 pm
The Villagers try once more to land a hit and the lunatics attack! Once more the two villagers do their best to land a hit and their slug rifles plug the ground ineffectively nearby, sending up little puffs of snow.

Facing off against Urik, one of the crazed minions of this dark jedi lands a hit with his club. Thwack! Although Urik takes the hit and swoons slightly, his opponent misjudges his footing and falls to the ground before him. His partner in crime is so distracted by this that he manages to miss Urik, but in his concern for his colleague he pushes Urik slightly out of position.
OOC:
Urik opponent 1 is prone, Urik takes 1 setback die for his next action from #2's ADV, Urik takes 7 - 4 = 3 damage. Now at 9/19
Mal is not so lucky in his opponents, alas. Both of them land reasonable hits on the former Imperial pilot. However, the hamstrung opponent manages to overstress his injury and gasps -- falling unconscious shortly after landing a glancing blow on Mal. Surprised, his colleague finds himself imparting an advantage on Mal's next attack.
OOC:
Mal takes 6 - 4 + 8 - 4 = 6 damage. Mal's now at 3/15 WT. 1 boost to Mal's next attack.

Round 3! After this round, Marc will be at the cave and Heyop and Csillag will arrive on scene at the village.

Rolls

Villagers fire

3 Advantage, 3 Threat

Urik Opp 1

3 Success, 1 Failure, 4 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 4 Threat

Urik Opp 2

2 Success, 3 Advantage, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Advantage

Mal Opp 1

1 Success, 1 Advantage, 3 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 2 Threat

Mal Opp 2

4 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Failure, 3 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 1 Threat

Apr 17, 2017 11:40 pm
OOC:
You know that I am PERFECTLY fine with waiting for the group, right? No need to rush to my destruction...
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.