2.0 - Lure of the Lost

load previous
Jun 4, 2017 5:31 pm
The villagers continue to fire into the melee -- hoping to help out the strangers from the Dawn Temple in the defense of their home. Somewhat surprisingly, given the way things have been going, they land a hit! The man before Urik winces as a slug from their slugthrowers slams into him. That said, his flinch moves him behind Urik somewhat so they will suffer a setback on their next attack.

Facing Urik, his opponent swings. Urik manages to fend off the blows without damage, but at the last minute, his opponent moves his assault down and swipes Urik's legs out from underneath him and he falls to the ground.
OOC:
Alrighty -- round 4 at the village, round 1 at the caves. Mal - I think there's only the one guy standing over Urik at this point.
Your other opponent over-stressed himself and went down and you cut down his friend.
Heyop and Csillag pull into sight and see Mal and Urik fending off a couple remaining crazies. One of them goes down and they're down to a single opponent who manages to trip Urik.
OOC:
Assume Heyop and Csillag are at long 'human' range -- can close on the speeder without an issue and give the passenger a full turn if they want one at short range.

Rolls

Villagers fire

1 Success, 2 Advantage, 3 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 1 Threat

Urik's last opponent attacks

1 Success, 5 Advantage, 2 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 3 Advantage

Jun 5, 2017 2:31 pm
Heyop doesn't break but lets off the accelerator as he closes the distance and takes show when he's slowed down. "Mal move!" Heyop barks taking a shot sliding off the speeder and pulling his carbine.
OOC:
Closing to short and using quick draw.
OOC:
Advantage spendature, I guess give the guy a setback from surprise blaster fire all around him without hitting him?
Last edited June 5, 2017 2:35 pm

Rolls

Ranged Heavy

2 Success, 4 Advantage, 2 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 2 Advantage

Jun 6, 2017 4:36 am
Marc continues to survey the area for signs of crazy people approaching the cave. He holds his Blaster Rifle and wishes he had someone else here with him.
Jun 7, 2017 3:45 am
OOC:
Will push forward for non-posters EOD tomorrow.
Jun 7, 2017 4:33 am
Posting for Urik.

"Urik levitates back to his feet and swaggers (staggers?) towards the last opponent" Kneel dog! Kneel before my awesome, incredible, and amazing luck, er, might! I may not have great feats of strength, but I DO have great strength of feet! (Reference 1) How dare you strike at me? I am a half dragon, half elf, half giant, half dwarf, half angel, half demon! (Reference 2) I am the Chosen Two! I'm twice as powerful as The Chosen One! (Reference 3)

References: (1)Robin Hood Men in Tights, (2)Evil Dave, (3)The Great Wisdom of The Always/Usually/Sometimes Great Urik - Volume 1.
OOC:
Critics agree that Urik's second book "Fire Hurt, Fire Bad" was better, but the book consisted nothing but the words Fire Hurt, Fire Bad repeated several thousand times. The critics all agree that Urik did not have a high opinion of fire...
Last edited June 7, 2017 2:19 pm
Jun 7, 2017 12:14 pm
Csillag quickly dismounts as she pulls her speeder alongside Heyop's. She'll draw her weapon but will not fire.
Jun 8, 2017 4:02 am
Heyop's shots go wide -- whilst Mal moves out of the way of the oncoming speeders and blaster-fire as Csillag dismounts nearby, ready to assist. Urik, for his part, stands and readies his lightsaber, adopting a defensive stance. The villagers, heartened by the reinforcements from the Temple take another shot... but like so many of the other shots, this one fails to land.

The crazy attacks Urik once more -- but suffers significant challenges to landing a hit, given Heyop's blaster... and yet... he hits Urik with his club. It's a glancing blow that inflicts minor damage -- but Urik definitely looks weary and a little worse for the wear.
OOC:
Urk down to 7/19
Meanwhile, over at the cave. Marc has arrived -- and where the cave once was, a mere crack remains -- hinting at an entrance that is no longer there. As Marc waits -- the silence of the woods is interrupted by the pounding of feet. A small group of escapees
bursts out of the tree cover with scavenged weaponry and gleams of purpose in their eyes. As they approach, Marc notices that the cave mouth stands wide open to receive them, as if it had never closed.

Marc's quick to count that he's outnumbered 4:1 in this particular encounter and given the cover -- the escapees are at medium range.
OOC:
Next round!

Rolls

Villagers fire!

1 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Urik's opponent attacks

1 Success, 3 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage

Jun 8, 2017 4:44 am
Opening up with blaster rifle, firing into the middle of the group, hoping to hit something. Using maneuver to Aim.

12 damage (I think). Definitely not the best roll there. So, I guess I'm between these guys and the creepy cave entrance?
OOC:
Laptop crashed last night. Reloading everything, don't have the source documents downloaded yet.

I guess I'm taking 3 strain from the 3 threat...
Last edited June 8, 2017 10:55 pm

Rolls

2 Success, 3 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 3 Threat

Jun 8, 2017 10:48 pm
Steadying her rifle against her shoulder, Csillag takes aim and squeezes the trigger.
OOC:
Maneuver to Aim. Take a Strain from the Threat.
Last edited June 8, 2017 10:48 pm

Rolls

Blaster at Short Range

2 Success, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 1 Threat

Jun 9, 2017 3:55 am
Csillag's practice with the blaster rifle pays off -- and she takes out the remaining crazy at the village. The three that had been intimidated by Urik are sheepishly gathered up by him and he says, "I'll make sure these get back to the Dawn Temple..." and upon seeing a representative from the village head out to meet you he adds, "After I ease concerns here at the village. Where's the new kid?"
Jun 9, 2017 3:59 am
OOC:
Marc -- you can take the strain or I can make something more interesting happen -- up to you.
Marc's shots eventually slam into one of the attackers and bring him down. Hollering and wielding their clubs the three remaining beings close to engage with Marc. Although Marc's stakes are spotted -- one of them mis-judges his step and impales himself with a cry of pain -- stopping him short of Marc, leaving him with just to opponents for now.
OOC:
Next round at the caves -- and non-turn action @ village

Rolls

Do they notice Marc's stakes? Boost due to the hasty preperations.

2 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Failure, 3 Threat

Total: 1 Success

Upon noticing, do they avoid?

1 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Jun 9, 2017 4:18 am
OOC:
Ah, I'll just take the strain for now and keep things moving.
I'm letting my blaster rifle drop to it's sling and using a maneuver to draw my Lightsaber, though it saddens me to do so.

Attempting to use a lightsaber on these poor wretches...
OOC:
Great. Swing and a miss. I'd like to use the 3 advantages to recover strain and I'll ready myself to parry attacks that are going to hit me.
Last edited June 9, 2017 4:22 am

Rolls

Attacking with Lightsaber

3 Success, 3 Advantage, 3 Failure

Total: 3 Advantage

Jun 9, 2017 4:29 am
OOC:
Can we all take turns posting as Urik? I think I captured the spirit of "What would Urik do?" (WWUD) pretty well with my earlier post. Can the rest of you out-Urik me?
Random roll for Urik standing around, being awesome at being awesome.
OOC:
No offense meant to anyone, just having fun.
Last edited June 9, 2017 4:43 am

Rolls

4 Advantage, 2 Threat

Jun 9, 2017 12:07 pm
"Gone off by himself to the third location." Heyop replies looking at the situation and the state of the two, "You two look like hell. You forget to reload blaster packs?" he adds.

Heyop nods to the corralling of the remaining one. "Get Kaveri on comms, you have enough area for her to drop down so we can get the bodies too. Csillag can you do something for Mal? We need to find out with the other boy how he's doing once we're done... does he even have coms?" he advises ready to assist Csillag if it got Mal up and running at full tilt sooner.
Jun 9, 2017 2:21 pm
OOC:
re: Urik -- nah, I'd much prefer he moves to the background and doesn't interfere with the narrative. At this point, once you guys move on from the village he'll disappear into the background as an NPC character that I'll operate.
Jun 9, 2017 6:40 pm
"Let's have a look at you, Mal" Csillag says as she starts to inspect the wounded ace. Fumbling with her pack she produces her med kit and sets to work.

"Hold this just like this", she instructs Heyop who turns out to be more than an adequate assistant.
OOC:
Nurse Heyop provides a boost die.

5 Wounds healed (1 from Surgeon)
2 Strain, uh, instrained (2 from Physician)
Last edited June 9, 2017 6:43 pm

Rolls

Medicine Check

4 Success, 2 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 4 Success

Jun 9, 2017 7:41 pm
Mal shakes his head and gets up, feeling healthy again but very, very weary. no time to rest yet, though

come on, I'm heading to the cave. with any luck, the little whomp rat is still alive

Mal will head to a speeder with the intent of going to the cave
Jun 9, 2017 9:51 pm
Heyop hops on his original speeder and waits for Csillag to get on the back of either before taking off.
OOC:
Let us know when we're there.
Jun 9, 2017 11:01 pm
Wasting no time Csillag jumps onto her speeder and follows the others to the cave.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.