2.0 - Lure of the Lost

load previous
Apr 20, 2017 8:01 am
OOC:
Hold on Mal... Help is almost there...
Apr 20, 2017 1:50 pm
OOC:
We're still about 1-2 rounds or more away I think.
Apr 20, 2017 10:42 pm
OOC:
Mal is in pretty deep trouble. Since he Force Leaped into there, is it possible for him to Force Leap out, maybe closer to the village so those guys firing the slugthrowers might be able to give Mal some cover fire? I just don't want him to die.
Apr 21, 2017 12:16 pm
OOC:
0 wounds isn't 'dead' it's the start of how badly you get jacked up if they roll lucky. Plus I figure he jumped in since Urik fighting all those guys solo with Mal shooting into the fight would have been rough. We'll see I guess how it works out. I don't actually think it's dicey yet.
Apr 21, 2017 11:16 pm
OOC:
Hmmm... Well I guess we'll see how things go.
Apr 22, 2017 1:22 am
Marc is going to attempt to setup an ambush between the Temple and Cave, at Extreme distance from the Cave. Marc will attempt to lock his speeder so it can't be used by any of the escapees and pulls out his Blaster Rifle, ready to shoot the first escapee he sees. Going to try to thin the numbers as much as possible before these jokers get too close.
Apr 25, 2017 7:28 pm
OOC:
Welcome back, Mal -- you wanna post an action for round three? I'll post up Urik if he hasn't posted by then. Looks like he got hit by the RL truck too.
Apr 26, 2017 3:57 am
Make it happen, Cap'n.
Apr 26, 2017 5:06 am
digging deep within, Mal ignores the pain in his side and starts swinging with his lightsaber, focusing on the remaining roup as a whole and not any individual
OOC:
hey! I get a boost die when I fight multiple opponents in melee!

Rolls

sabering

3 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 1 Threat

Apr 28, 2017 6:38 am
Marc has looked around (and hopefully found) a high point on a ridge where he can see both the cave (at extreme range from him and the surrounding area. Marc grips his Talisman and focuses his mind as he scans the area for approaching enemies. He knows it will be a rough fight. No way around it. Hopefully things will get wrapped up at the village and reinforcements will arrive. If not, there are far worse places to die. He pulls out his blaster rifle and waits for enemies to appear.
OOC:
Marc is sad that Helvar isn't here with him. If his faithful hound was with him, Marc would pull out his harmonica and play "A Country Boy can Survive". Helvar would probably sing along, howling woefully.
Last edited May 1, 2017 8:05 am
May 3, 2017 12:24 am
OOC:
Rolling for Urik -- think we lost him to RL again!
Although Urik is not happy with the situation, he nonetheless attacks the prone attacker before him, using the man's disadvantage to his advantage. Doing so over-extends him somewhat, making him an easier target for his standing opponent -- but he feels this risk is worthwhile to cut down on the threat to himself and the wounded Mal behind him.

His strike is true dispatching the prone opponent.
OOC:
Urik will downgrade the next attack against him -- so P instead of PP.
Behind him, Mal swings with his saber and finishes off one of his opponents, leaving one standing before him. However he takes a bit of a strain in doing so -- exerting himself with some worry based upon the attack of his opponent.
OOC:
Mal -- take a strain. 11/12.

Mal - remember you have /parry/. I'll let you retcon the damage of your last two attacks somewhat if you want to spend strain to do so. 3 strain will defer 4 points of damage each time. Let me know and I'll update and move ahead to close out round three and get Marc into some trouble.

Rolls

Urik swingeth...

5 Success, 1 Advantage, 4 Threat

Total: 5 Success, 3 Threat

May 3, 2017 1:39 am
falryx says:
OOC:
...and get Marc into some trouble.
OOC:
This is why we don't like you Falryx. Why can't we just assume the crazy people got lost and are wandering around, chasing butterflies somwhere, picking flowers, enjoying the sunshine and braiding each other's hair? It's their first time outside in what, years, decades? You can't let them enjoy one day of peace?
Marc detects through the Falrxy, err, the Schwartz, no, I mean the Force, that it might not be a good idea to stay here. He's seriously considering giving this planet a harshly worded Yelp review once he's well clear of it.

Actually, I'm good with whatever.
Last edited May 4, 2017 6:33 am
May 7, 2017 5:18 pm
Marc wants to attempt to build some traps to delay the enemies when the get here. Rolling Survival to modify natural terrain to make a deadfall and conceal some wooden spikes in the ground (no time to dig a pit, so it's just sharpened stakes barely sticking out of the ground to hurt their feet and slow them down). Marc uses an old-world trick and smears animal feces on the stakes. Even if they kill Marc, their feet are going to rot off. Hah, revenge from beyond the grave! (You guys are still cloning me if I die, right?)

Thankfully, Marc has some hand cleanser in his speeder, so he's able to clean his hands. (I'm looking at you Heyop, because I know you would have asked about it.)
Last edited May 7, 2017 5:19 pm

Rolls

2 Success, 1 Advantage

Total: 2 Success, 1 Advantage

May 8, 2017 3:39 pm
OOC:
ok, so 6 strain would give me 8 wounds back? that works for me!

that puts me at 5 strain and 11 health.
Last edited May 8, 2017 3:41 pm
May 8, 2017 5:58 pm
You're going to make it Mal. Heyop and Csi are almost there. Actually, you might finish off your opponents before they even arrive...
May 8, 2017 7:57 pm
OOC:
proving that Shii-Cho is the superior lightsaber form...
May 8, 2017 8:04 pm
OOC:
The form where the lightsaber is not needed to resolve conflict is the superior form. *eats fortune cookie attached*
May 9, 2017 6:22 am
OOC:
I'm quite impressed with the Shii-Cho form. It seems to be excellent for cutting apart non-Force sensitive characters en masse. However, if you truly wish to prove that the Shii-Cho style is the ultimate lightsaber form, I suggest that you duel a half-cybernetic Lord of the Sith. If you manage to defeat Darth Vader, I will freely acknowledge that Shii-Cho is the superior lightsaber form :)
May 15, 2017 10:15 pm
Marc slowly opens a ration bar, chewing the disgusting nutritious bar thoughtfully. His traps were in place and disguised, he had lined the area outside the cave with stakes as well, making sure that anyone trying to get through to the cave would have a painful time getting to the cave. There wasn't much he had left to do.

Rolls

Survival to put in the stakes

3 Success, 1 Advantage, 3 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 2 Threat

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.