2.0 - Lure of the Lost

load previous
Mar 26, 2017 7:51 pm
Heyop's pistol comes out of its holster quickly and ka-pows the target in front of him. The stun blast is enough to overcome him and he falls to the ground, unconscious at Heyop's feet. Next to Heyop, Csillag is finally getting the hang of the lightsaber and manages through the daze to hit her opponent with a couple quick strikes, dropping him. Unfortunately, in the melee back and forth, her opponent managed to land a solid hit on the hilt of her lightsaber. While not enough to render it functionless, it nonetheless has impacted the focusing chamber and will need repairs once this is through.
OOC:
Csillag, your lightsaber has a SB die on all attacks until repaired. Considered a 'minor malfunction' at this stage.
Marc lands a couple solid hits on his opponent, his fists flying as he tries to bring down the crazy opposite him. Nonetheless, fending off the makeshift weapon of his opponent means he captures more than a few bruises on his forearms and ribs.
OOC:
Marc - I think your Force rating is '1', so Pierce would mean you'd do 7 - 2 soak = 5 damage to him. He has 4 remaining. You take 2 strain from the threat generated.
The only one left standing, but clearly driven by a force he cannot overcome attacks Marc again. He lands a couple solid hits, but Marc's armored robes help him fend off the impact.

Rolls

Attack on Marc

1 Success, 5 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 3 Advantage

Mar 26, 2017 7:57 pm
Over at Frostwall Village, a couple of the villagers take shots at the crazies as Urik and Mal head into the fray. The shots ring out from their slugthrowers, but at this distance, the two snipers aren't sufficiently capable enough to land a hit.

Rolls

Snipers fire!

1 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Failure, 4 Threat

Total: 1 Threat

Mar 26, 2017 7:59 pm
OOC:
Modification of difficulty for Coercion.

Rolls

1 Will, Discipline 1

1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Mar 26, 2017 8:02 pm
At Urik's commanding words, they stop in their run towards the village and turn their attention on Urik. Two of them obey his command and get face down in the dirt, the other five however now consider an obstacle in their way and have naught but violence in their eyes.
OOC:
they will not act this round due to the Coercion success -- but you will have 5 opponents.
Mar 26, 2017 8:02 pm
OOC:
Next round!
Mar 26, 2017 8:49 pm
OOC:
Alas poor Urik, I barely knew him.
Heyop! Bring Skullthumper over here and welll..., thump this guy's skull!

Oh, never mind. I think he's down?
OOC:
7 damage. I guess the Blooper Reel wasn't that bad. More strain damage, I guess?
So, I didn't kill this poor guy, right? Just knocked him out? I'm not really down with slicing these guys into pieces unless there really isn't any other choice. I'm looking for answers about how long these poor people have been trapped down there. How did they survive if the systems were offline? I'm guessing cannibalism. They probably went completely over the edge down there, trapped in the dark, nothing to eat, maybe collecting moisture from the walls for water to drink. Talk about cruel and unusual...
Last edited March 26, 2017 8:56 pm

Rolls

Fighting like Jackie Chan (the Blooper Reel)

1 Success, 2 Advantage, 3 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 1 Threat

Mar 27, 2017 12:57 pm
OOC:
I'll edit if the last one isn't down.
With his target down Heyop will scan the area and move to his fallen truncheon while holstering his gun. If all combatants are down he'll call out to the jailer "Can you take these guys back to their cells or are we dragging them back via speeder?"

Once he gets an answer either way he'll regard Marc's request, "We need to get you trained in defending yourself with something besides a weapon you can cut off limbs with... Sometimes that doesn't work though." he comments looking to Csillag and sighing.

Heyop will drag the detained in whole or body parts included to an area or onto the back of speeders for transport.
Mar 28, 2017 5:40 am
Heyop I agree. Especially with the limb cutting. What am I? A professional tree trimmer? If that's the case I want my paycheck and medical benefits... and hazard pay... My ineffectual martial arts flailings are sometimes actually effectual, I'm as surprised as my opponents when that happens. However, I would like to master a weapon, a weapon of greatness, a weapon that is like a good friend and always comes back to you. Heyop, I want a boomerang.
Mar 28, 2017 1:05 pm
Heyop raises an eyebrow, "Calm down," he begins checking the fallen combatants for life. "Honing one's skill with only one weapon specifically pinpoints your decisions in combat to always use it as your first and only option. A boomerang you use to attack doesn't come back... it usually gets stuck in the target or falls if it's made to bludgeon after hitting the target." he advises.

At least he isn't straddling the bodies and trying to stab them going die die die... Heyop thinks to himself.
Mar 28, 2017 9:21 pm
Giving Heyop a blank stare Csillag turns her attention to her weapon.

"I think my saber's damaged" she says, holding it to her ear and rattling it around a bit. "How can I damage a weapon that I've struck one person with?" Sighing, she hooks the weapon onto her belt and helps Heyop with the bodies.
Mar 29, 2017 2:25 am
Do you want me to try to fix your Lightsaber Csillag? I know absolutely nothing about mechanics but if you feel lucky, I'm willing to give it a go. Chances are, I'll either make it better or worse, but at least it won't be the same. How about it? If I blow it up (and survive), I'll try to make you a boomerang.
Last edited March 29, 2017 2:26 am
Mar 29, 2017 2:57 am
Csillag gives Marc a quizzical look as his obsession with boomerangs becomes clear.

"While I, uh, appreciate the offer, I think it's probably best that I fix it. I did make it myself, after all, I should be able to fix it" she responds, a hint of doubt in her voice.

Rolls

Discipline to recover Strain

2 Success

Total: 2 Success

Force Heal Herself?

1 Black Force Point

Mar 29, 2017 3:03 am
Recovering strain with Discipline check.

Rolls

3 Success, 3 Advantage

Total: 3 Success, 3 Advantage

Mar 29, 2017 11:13 pm
OOC:
Strain recovers - 1 per succ adn 1 per adv. So 2 for Csillag, and 6 for Marc (up to max, of course).
The Caretaker manifests nearby to Heyop, Csillag and Marc. "Oh. I see that you've taken care of your local problem. There's several attacking the village. Urik and Mal seem to be focused there, but the outcome is uncertain. There's also a group headed towards the Cave."
Mar 30, 2017 3:56 am
OOC:
Falryx, thank you for breaking down the strain recovery, BTW. I thought I understood that before but I misread the rules and was thought only successes counted. Still very much in learning mode :)
Marc bows courteously to Heyop and Csillag. "Sir Heyop, Madame Csillag. I realize you have not known me very long but I suggest we intercept the group heading toward the Cave. Urik and Mal have earned the trust of Hethan Romund, therefore I trust them to be able to take care of themselves. They will win their battle just as we won our battle here. We should focus on winning this war. If one or both of you wishes to go to Urik and Mal to aid them, I will understand; they are your comrades in arms. As for me, my course is set. I will confront the group moving toward the Cave, with or without you. May the Force be with you, whatever your choice may be."

Marc takes his speeder and leaves for the Cave to guard it from the fleeing prisoners.
Mar 30, 2017 12:17 pm
OOC:
I'll assume he's not implying people we just dropped are going to get up and walk out in a bit if we don't take them back to their cells.
"You always have a longarm from the storm troopers Csillag." Heyop reminds Csillag.

Heyop listens to Marc's assessment of the duo that had gone to the village and scratches his face with an index finger once securing his gear again as Marc leaves, "You have more faith it seems than me." He looks to Csillag and hops on a speeder before heading to the village, he didn't think either of the duo would easily carry the other if they were knocked out or get to the cave readily as he goes over the quickest path between locations.
Mar 30, 2017 7:51 pm
OOC:
When Heyop dragged the detained in whole or body parts included to an area or onto the back of speeders for transport and asked if the Jailor could take them back to their cells, I thought the prisoners who survived were taken care of, as in, being returned to their cells. Is that not the case?
Mar 31, 2017 4:15 pm
OOC:
Marc - the rules seem to indicate that success are all that counts, but.. but.. advantage can be used to recover strain. So it didn't make sense to NOT count that. So.. I house-ruled that one awhile back. :)

Csillag -- what's your plan?
Mar 31, 2017 5:11 pm
"Not quite used to it either" Csillag says motioning to blaster rifle slung on her back. She jumps on a speeder and follows closely behind Heyop.
Mar 31, 2017 8:50 pm
OOC:
Makes sense to me.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.