Against the Cult: The Next Day (1.2)

load previous
Mar 8, 2016 5:21 am
I run as fast as my little legs will carry me. Hopefully my small feet don't make too much noise on the ground. Wouldn't want to attract attention yet.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+1)

(7) + 1 = 8

Mar 8, 2016 7:15 pm
Durren, Quest, and Xana are soon sprinting together down Cecily's Road.
OOC:
Those three: make Constitution checks to see how long you can keep up this pace. You are motivated to catch up with your friends and filled with adrenalin, so make the checks with Advantage.
Meanwhile, not much further east, at the wagon:
Round One

Rather than attempting to escape, Jonbon is pulling a dagger on Ogbar as they wrestle on the wagon. The wood creaks and groans as their weight shifts.
OOC:
It's Ogbar's turn first.

Initiative order:
Ogbar
Jonbon
Aanbo
Mar 8, 2016 7:20 pm
I huff and puff, running after my companions in earnest.

Rolls

Constitution - (1d20+2, 1d20+2)

1d20+2 : (14) + 2 = 16

1d20+2 : (13) + 2 = 15

Mar 8, 2016 7:53 pm
Ogbar realizes that the minstrel isn't going to go down without a fight and pulls a handaxe from a belt loop, swinging at the man, rage contorting his features.
OOC:
Going into a RAGE

Rolls

Attack! - (1d20+4, 1d6+4)

1d20+4 : (11) + 4 = 15

1d6+4 : (5) + 4 = 9

Mar 10, 2016 8:46 am
Round one, continued

Unable to see his assailant, Jonbon nevertheless pulls a dagger, but Ogbar is faster. His hatchet slashes down into Jonbon's shoulder with a crunch. The man's grunt turns into a whimper, and his wild eyes stare at the only person he can see - Aanbo, standing next to the placid ox - and the minstrel weakly attempts to stab back at the barbarian holding him. Ogbar easily fends off the stabbing dagger with his axe.
OOC:
Aanbo's turn!

Rolls

Attack with disadvantage, damage with dagger on a hit - (2d20+2, 1d4+2)

2d20+2 : (616) + 2 = 24

1d4+2 : (3) + 2 = 5

Mar 10, 2016 3:55 pm
Now that the ox has been placated, Aanbo hops onto the wagon to remove the tarp.
Mar 10, 2016 4:13 pm
Ogbar continues attacking Jonbon.

Rolls

Attack on Jonbon - (1d20+4, 1d6+4)

1d20+4 : (9) + 4 = 13

1d6+4 : (6) + 4 = 10

Mar 11, 2016 3:14 am
Round One, continued

Aanbo, assured that the ox is content to go nowhere, leaves the mortal combatants struggling at the front of the wagon, the wildly swinging lantern casting vast swinging shadows across the road. In the back of the wagon, he steps up into the bed and removes the tarp. Underneath, laid out like a pile of scrolls back at the monastery, is the Jarl family: Elista, Abella, Emiless, Torren, and Wenderly, all of whom were active when the dwarf last saw them a few hours ago. Now, they're piled atop one another, all oriented in the same direction with their feet toward the tail gate, nestled in between two kegs in the bed.
OOC:
Roll a perception check for Aanbo.
Result: Even in the crazily-swinging light and struggling figures of the two combatants casting dancing shadows over the back of the wagon, Aanbo's darkvision is acute enough to see that Wenderly and Torren (stacked atop the others) are still breathing. They seem asleep...a deep, sound sleep, but nothing like the deathly sleep that Devek exhibited.

Round two

Ogbar hacks into the singer's back this time. Jonbon's struggling becomes more desperate, and he bites down hard on the barbarian's hand over his mouth as he tries to drop and roll out of his grasp.
OOC:
Opposed check to break the grapple; roll an Athletics check for Ogbar.

Rolls

Bard biting to escape (acrobatics + proficiency) - (1d20+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

Mar 11, 2016 3:17 am
Ogbar struggles to hold onto the squirming man.

Rolls

Athletics (advantage) - (1d20+4, 1d20+4)

1d20+4 : (17) + 4 = 21

1d20+4 : (13) + 4 = 17

Mar 11, 2016 3:30 am
Aanbo frowns at his discovery, and kneels beside the family, feeling the neck and wrist of the closest person.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(17) + 3 = 20

Mar 11, 2016 5:34 am
Round two, continued

Jonbon is unable to break Ogbar's hold, though he's grinding his teeth on the barbarian's fingers.

Aanbo is relieved to see at first glance that the smallest kids (Wenderly and Torren, stacked on top of the others) are alive, but deeply asleep. He steps up and shifts the bodies carefully to confirm that everyone there is still breathing, though strangely they do not wake when he shifts them.
OOC:
Edit: I've incorporated this into the text. Aanbo's roll was to determine whether he could discern their breathing at first glance (he did). I will assume that he will continue with his stated action to examine everyone else, unless I hear otherwise from you.

Rolls

Durren's constitution check - (1d20+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Mar 11, 2016 6:10 am
OOC:
Correct, I will check on everyone just to ensure they're alive. I'll take my next action when it's my turn again.
Mar 11, 2016 10:17 pm
Growing annoyed at the man, Ogbar continues chopping away.

Rolls

Attack on Jonbon - (1d20+4, 1d6+4)

1d20+4 : (11) + 4 = 15

1d6+4 : (2) + 4 = 6

Mar 12, 2016 3:26 am
Running as fast as he can Quest to catch up.

But his armor seems to be slowing him down.
Last edited March 12, 2016 3:26 am

Rolls

Con check to catch up (with Advantage) - (1d20+3, 1d20+3)

1d20+3 : (2) + 3 = 5

1d20+3 : (6) + 3 = 9

Mar 13, 2016 8:34 am
Managing her breathing a bit better, Xana passes Quest and Durren as they have to pause to catch their wind. So she is the first to see the humanoid shape in the road, holding a lantern.
Mar 13, 2016 8:38 am
Round three

Ogbar chops a new gash in Jonbon's back and Jonbon attempts another weak series of jabs at his attacker, but he remains unable to hit behind himself hard enough to do any serious damage. Ogbar has only nicks and shallow cuts from the wildly waving blade, and he can tell that the fight is going out of the minstrel.
OOC:
Aanbo's turn.

Rolls

Dagger stab (with DISADV), damage - (2d20+2, 1d4+2)

2d20+2 : (715) + 2 = 24

1d4+2 : (1) + 2 = 3

Mar 13, 2016 5:17 pm
Aanbo frowns. "Very strange," he says aloud, then shakes Elista to see if she rouses. He is hesitant to slap the woman awake, but will do so as a last resort if shaking does not work.

"Just knock him out, lad!" Aanbo calls out over his shoulder. "He has a lot to answer to, and it's better if he's alive to do that."
Mar 13, 2016 7:10 pm
Ogbar, in his rage, barely registers what Aanbo says, but at the last moment adjusts his attack. The little man is right, it would be best to knock him unconscious to make him answer for his crimes.
OOC:
Obviously Ogbar is not very good at not killing people :(
Last edited March 13, 2016 7:21 pm

Rolls

Attack (non-kill) - (1d20+4, 1d6+4)

1d20+4 : (3) + 4 = 7

1d6+4 : (1) + 4 = 5

Mar 14, 2016 12:59 am
Aanbo shakes Elista to no effect. He reluctantly slaps her, and she groans, her eyes flutter, and then close again. This is not natural sleep; she's been drugged or bespelled somehow. He calls out encouragement to Ogbar.

Ogbar is struggling with Jonbon in the front of the wagon (attack submitted for turn four).
Xana is approaching a figure holding a lantern in the road.
Quest and Durren are gasping for breath, trying to catch up to the little gnome warlock. They can just see the light of the lantern ahead.

End of round three
Mar 14, 2016 4:21 pm
I attempt to sneak up behind the one holding the lantern. Hard to tell from here whether he is friend or foe.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+1)

(16) + 1 = 17

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.