Chapter 1 - The Red Waterfall

load previous
Mar 13, 2015 8:52 pm
Mac shrieks and fumbles for his wand, feeling a mixture of dread and adrenaline in the face of the first proper fight in his life.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

Mar 15, 2015 5:26 pm
OOC [You've won INIT. I'll run it in block order:

Round 1

1. Good guys
--
2. Frog 1 - bright green eyes
3. Frog 2 - red eyes
4. Frog 3 - pitch black skin
5. Frog 4 - green skin with white spots.

Frogs 1 - 4 are left to right looking at the bridge, with the green eyes frog being the one who sent Kicsi flying.

Post your combat in any order you'd like.
Mar 15, 2015 7:37 pm
"Let's get him, Kard!"

Kicsi runs towards the green eyed frog and takes a quick backhand slash at the beast's throat as soon as she is in range.

Rolls

Attack Roll [+3 DEX +2 PRO] - (1d20+5)

(2) + 5 = 7

Damage Roll [+3 DEX] (If needed) - (1d6+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Mar 16, 2015 2:11 pm
The frog hops back out of the way before Kicsi's blade can find its mark.
Mar 16, 2015 3:51 pm
Ewan doesn't like the way the red-eyed frog is looking at him, and shuffles in close for a big overhead glaive chop.

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+5)

(11) + 5 = 16

Damage - (1d10+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Mar 16, 2015 4:14 pm
Ghelin sees the black giant frog lifts his warhammer over his shoulder with both hands and swings hoping to hear the crushing of bones under his warhammer

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+4)

(5) + 4 = 9

Damage (bludgeoning) - (1d10+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Mar 16, 2015 5:52 pm
Ewan's chop glances off the frog forcing it to let out a loud, painful croak while no sound of crushing bones greets Ghelin's ears as the frog deftly hops itself out of the way.
Mar 16, 2015 8:41 pm
Mac quickly shakes off the initial shock, and from the back of the group lifts his wand towards the white-spotted frog. With the flick of his wrist, a bolt of fire forms at the tip of the wand and jumps out at the frog.

Rolls

Fire Bolt Attack [2 Prof and 3 Int] - (1d20+5)

(18) + 5 = 23

Fire Bolt Damage - (1d10)

(8) = 8

Mar 17, 2015 12:04 pm
The smell of brunt frog flesh fills the morning air as the fire bolt rips into the white-spotted frog. It lets out a croak and looks as angered as a frog can. It lunges back at Mac and plants a bite firmly on the wizard's shoulder. With a chomping sound of its own, the black frog jumps at Ghelin only to be pushed aside right into the path of the red-eyed frog who was a mere second away from knocking poor Kicsi to the ground a second time. Ewan was not as fortunate. As he prepared to defend against the free-eyed frog the sound of the collision to his left took his attention away just long enough for the creature to clamp down with its slobbering mouth.

OOC: 4 hp damage to Mac and 5 hp damage to Ewan.

Round 2

1. Good guys
2. Frog 1
3. Frog 2
4. Frog 3
5. Frog 4
Mar 17, 2015 6:59 pm
Ghelin yells "Enough of this!" as he swings his warhammer for a second time against the black croaking monstrosity.

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+4)

(16) + 4 = 20

(10) + 2 = 12

Mar 17, 2015 7:04 pm
Ewan grins ruefully at the pain of the bite. If that had been anything more dangerous than an overgrown frog, you'd be dead right now. Have you really let your combat training go to seed in just a few months of downtime?

Shaking it off, he sidesteps away from the frog that bit him and attempts to finish off the red-eyed frog with another swing of his glaive.

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+5)

(14) + 5 = 19

Damage - (1d10+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Mar 17, 2015 9:26 pm
"Quick bugger, aren't you", Kicsi mumbles as she lunges forward with Kard attempting to stab the green-eyed frog right between the eyes, following up with side kick to its ugly face.

EDIT: Forgot I can add an unarmed strike as a bonus action when using Monk Weapons. I've added rolls for those as well.
Last edited March 18, 2015 12:46 am

Rolls

Attack Roll [+5] - (1d20+5)

(5) + 5 = 10

Piercing Damage Roll [+3] - (1d6+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Bonus Action Unarmed Strike [+3] - (1d20+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Unarmed Strike Damage [+3] - (1d4+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Mar 18, 2015 12:15 am
As the Frog's bite connects, Mac yelps and flinches backwards. In a panic, he raises his wand and a sheet of fire flies out, aimed towards the frog Mac was engaging. The fire then extends further out, towards Ewan and Kicsi, but weaves through the pair and instead connects with the frogs they're engaged with.

[I'm going to cast Burning Hands, angling myself so I'll hit my frog, Ewan, Kicsi, and the frogs they're fighting. Then, I'm going to use my the Evocation School bonus Scuplt Spells so Ewan and Kicsi take no damage from the attack. The frogs need to make a dexterity save against my spell save of 13, if they fail they take half damage.]

Rolls

Mac's Frog - (3d6)

(512) = 8

Kicsi's Frog - (3d6)

(416) = 11

Ewan's Frog - (3d6)

(364) = 13

Mar 18, 2015 11:15 am
The black frog staggers back after the warhammer connects with its midsection. A blackish-blue blood begins to ooze from its side but it remains on its feet, just barely. The glaive pounds into the red eyed frog again but the creature seems as resolute as ever.

Kicsi whirls around in an impressive feat of balance and dexterity which is mostly wasted on the frog who simply hops forward when she is launched up in the air. The red eyed frogs jump comes at just the right time as Mac's flames spread out and strike the white spotted and green eyed frog squarely in their midsections.

Instinctively, the green eyed frog lashes back at Ewan but he is able to dodge the biting attack with ease. Red eyes hops at Kicsi, but lands short as she pivots defensively at the last moment. Still smoking from the fire damage, the black frog lunges in at Ghelin and bites at his leg while the spotted frog manages to get another nip in at Mac.

OOC: 3 points of damage to Ghelin and 2 points to Mac
Mar 18, 2015 4:37 pm
Ghelin shakes off the frog from his leg and gives a reactionary kick before swinging his warhammer focusing on the bleeding wound that's oozing blood. "I will have my meal yet!" he shouts.

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

(8) + 2 = 10

Mar 18, 2015 5:42 pm
Ewan is sort of impressed with the resilience of these frogs. He plants himself for as much leverage as he can get for one downward-angled glaive thrust at the one he's been after, aiming right between its red eyes, hoping this will be enough to end it...

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+5)

(16) + 5 = 21

Damage - (1d10+3)

(10) + 3 = 13

Mar 18, 2015 7:37 pm
As the frog's bite connected once again, tearing chunk of flesh from Mac, the wizard yelled out in pain. Mac wasn't sure how much longer he could take this frog, and he didn't want to risk turning his back on it. Thinking quickly, Mac shook the frog off and raised his wand at not the frog, but the chunk of his flesh in its mouth. If he couldn't beat the frog in a fair fight then he would make it not want to fight him. Back at the Academy Mac had taken a course on the many uses of Prestidigitation, and one of the most basic ones was to flavor food, and although it was a bit of a stretch of the definition it would hopefully work on the wizard's own flesh. With a flick of the wrist, Mac attempted to make his own meat taste rancid, in hopes that the frog wouldn't try to eat something foul.

OOC: I'm not sure what to roll for this
Mar 18, 2015 9:49 pm
"Excellent!" Kicsi mutters, admiring Mac's work on her opponent. "Now to do a little damage myself!"

Kicsi staring directly at the now crispy critter starts to spin in place, "Here's a little something I've been working on my froggy friend!" Building momentum as she spins, she throws out her leg, looking to make contact with the frog's head. Still spinning she slashes out with Kard, just hoping to make contact somewhere on its body

"Starting to get dizzy. Looks like I still need a little bit a work on this."

EDIT: Oh, Critical Kick! Looks like I get to roll and extra d4 for damage, so I'll add that now.
Last edited March 18, 2015 10:07 pm

Rolls

Kick Attack Roll [+3] - (1d20+3)

(20) + 3 = 23

Kick Attack Damage [+3} - (1d4+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

Sword Attack Roll [+5] - (1d20+5)

(15) + 5 = 20

Sword Attack Damage [+3] - (1d6+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Critical Hit (extra d4 damage) - (1d4)

(3) = 3

Mar 18, 2015 10:31 pm
The white spotted frog makes what can be only described as a gagging sound as it lurches back from Mac, turning its head down. The glaive thrust does indeed find its mark and the frog croaks one last time before collapsing in a heap in front of Ewan while Kicsi acrobatically pummels the green-eyed frog into submission. It falls over and stays still. The black skinned frog manages yet again to avoid Ghelin's attack. It counters quickly by trying to ram into the dwarf but is easily swatted aside.

"OOC: Froggies 1 and 2 are done. Both 3 & 4 are well bloodied. Due to the rancid flavor in its mouth, any attack against the white spotted frog can be made with advantage.
Mar 18, 2015 10:47 pm
Still recovering a bit from her spin attack Kicsi sheaths Kard and draws one of her darts. In Dwarvish she yells to Ghelin, "INCOMING", and whips the dart through the air hoping it'll strike the black frog in the back.

I'm assuming she's not within melee range of the black frog at this point.
Last edited March 18, 2015 11:01 pm

Rolls

Ranged Attack Roll [+5] - (1d20+5)

(9) + 5 = 14

Dart Damage [+3] - (1d4+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.