Chapter 1 - The Red Waterfall

load previous
Feb 11, 2015 10:49 pm
Kicsi retrieves a long, slim box from underneath her bed and carefully places it on the table. Kard, I haven't needed your assistance in over a year and I hope it remains that way throughout our latest ordeal, she says to herself as she opens the box and looks down upon her sword. A gift from Brother Testvér, Kard was specially made for the halfling and has been at her side since she entered the Ten Points Monastery. Sheathing Kard, Kicsi grabs her pack and patiently packs her belongings, grabbing what she feels she'll need for the journey to the waterfall. Items are listed on her character sheet. Heaving her pack over her shoulder she heads out the door and heads to the stables.

Approaching the stables she sees that Ewan is already talking to Marin. Excellent! I hope they have a small one for me.
Last edited February 14, 2015 5:22 am
Feb 11, 2015 11:06 pm
Ewan grimaces and asks, as nicely as he can, "How much would it cost to lease us some horses for a day or two, Marin?"
Feb 12, 2015 4:45 am
As Ghelin approaches the stables, he sees most of his party already there. Slapping Ewan on the back, he says "I see ol' Marin is giving you a hard time. Marin! How about free drinks for a month at the tavern if you provide us with a two horses for Ewan and our friend Mac, plus two ponies for Kicsi and myself. We'll bring them back in a few days. I promise no harm will come to them or I'll eat my boot!"

Ghelin thinks to himself, I'm probably going to have to eat my boot.
Feb 13, 2015 4:39 pm
Peering in from the side of the door, Mac called out to Marin and his friends, "Hey there, are we having some trouble?" Mac sauntered across the stable, and pushed his spectacles up the rim of his nose. Mac continued, "If Ghelin's offer doesn't suit you I could also give you a hand leaning the stables for a month or so - we could probably get it done in an hour with a little bit of magic and some elbow grease."

[Do you want me to roll for Persuasion?]
Feb 17, 2015 2:39 am
mrmrlol says:
Peering in from the side of the door, Mac called out to Marin and his friends, "Hey there, are we having some trouble?" Mac sauntered across the stable, and pushed his spectacles up the rim of his nose. Mac continued, "If Ghelin's offer doesn't suit you I could also give you a hand leaning the stables for a month or so - we could probably get it done in an hour with a little bit of magic and some elbow grease."

[Do you want me to roll for Persuasion?]
[Yes]
Feb 17, 2015 2:49 am
[Rolling for Persuasion]

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Feb 18, 2015 1:14 pm
"Mac, I'm sorry but I can't just let any more horses go without proper payment," he replied. "I wish I could help, truly," he adds a sincere look of apology on his face.
Feb 18, 2015 5:58 pm
"Hells, let's just walk. It'll be faster at this rate," Ewan snaps.
Feb 18, 2015 9:29 pm
Kicsi gives Ewan a sympathetic look and decides to try her luck with Marin. "We're not asking for handouts as we're all more than willing to work off our debts to you. Failing that, what are the proper rates for the arrangement of horses that Ghelin has asked about?"

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Feb 18, 2015 9:55 pm
Ghelin gives a disappointed look to Marin. He then says "Well lads and lass, I think we are going to have to give our legs a workout today. Unless Marin provides us with a reasonable rate to lease these fine steeds, or one of you has a well to do uncle, we should be off."
Feb 19, 2015 1:14 pm
Marin looks over the lot of you with a sympathetic face. "A gold piece per horse per day," he says after a glance back at the mounts. "And that is a third of my normal rate."

He eyes Ewan awaiting an answer.
Feb 19, 2015 5:04 pm
[I think I left GP off the character sheet here, I'll have to check my notes later to see how much Ewan has but I'm pretty sure he could cover 4 GP for horses] Ewan, frustrated over having to haggle over mounts when a man just died and he's trying to do something about it, rifles through his money pouch to pay for the group's horses.
Last edited February 19, 2015 5:05 pm
Feb 19, 2015 10:35 pm
Marin quickly, and with a bit of embarrassment on his face, takes the gold and retrieves the horses. With the mounts you will make it to the waterfall well before dusk.
Feb 19, 2015 11:12 pm
Kicsi looks over to Ewan, "Your generosity is very much appreciated, Ewan."

Excellent! This animal will do just fine.

"Gentlemen, I think we are ready to start our journey!"
Feb 20, 2015 5:17 am
Ghelin heaves himself up on to the pony. After righting himself he says:

"Kicsi, I believe you are right, time to be off!"

Then he has the pony start trotting next to Kicsi, headed to the outskirts of town.
Feb 20, 2015 7:08 pm
By mid afternoon you reach the half way point to the waterfall passing Fort Morninglord. Even in the bright sunshine of the day the place looks dark and desolate. History tells of a day when an entire patrol of paladins disappeared overnight and every single stone turned from a reddish brown to jet black. Rumors of a terrifying evil necromancer surfaced and the then ruler of Elturel ordered the fort sealed.

From the path you confirm that not a single entry way or window is open, all sealed shut. The very presence of the fort makes all of you feel uncomfortable.
Feb 21, 2015 9:57 pm
"It's as creepy as the brothers said it would be." Kicsi thinks to herself as she remembers the tales from her monastery. "The quicker we put some distance between us and this place the better!" she says to the others as her eyes scan the old fort.

Rolls

Perception (just in case) - (1d20+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Feb 22, 2015 3:50 am
"Aye Kicsi, let us proceed as fast as our ponies will carry us! Best not to dally any longer."

Ghelin urges his pony on and shudders as he glances back at the black stoned fort.
Feb 23, 2015 3:39 am
Mac trotted forward with his horse, a few feet behind the rest, and not really paying attention to what they were saying. He wasn't very experienced with riding horses, and was having difficulty keeping up. Still, he pushed himself and his horse to keep going, silently cursing as it stumbled slightly before picking itself back up.
Feb 24, 2015 7:28 pm
You leave the sealed crypt of a fort behind you as the sun begins its descent into the horizon. An hour later a light snow begins to fall around you in the still, windless air. The flakes float gently to the ground and within minutes a blanket of fluffy white flakes covers the path. You spot some deer off to the side who pause to examine you with a curious tilt of the head before running further off into the wood.

By dusk it is upon you. In front of the thick green ferns, now dusted in white, sits a small lake of relatively calm water. After 20 meters or so the waterfall rises up at least the height of 20 men and it spans across at least as many. In the twilight it is hard to notice immediately but after closer inspection the water falling from the top is indeed a bright blood red. The light snow continues to fall and the temperature is dropping quickly and is quite uncomfortable.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.