Chapter 2, Day 11

load previous
Mar 1, 2018 2:27 pm
OOC:
Pawetha, thinking for a moment, realizes that if there was a dragon here then there most likely is a hoard here too...
Mar 1, 2018 4:04 pm
"You know, if there was a dragon here, its hoard is probably here, too," Pawetha says, freeing her inner voice. She begins to search for signs of treasure, starting with the library and the giant hole in the floor.
Mar 1, 2018 4:16 pm
The library has nothing more in it that hasn't already been discovered, thought the giant hole in the floor is suspect. It's big enough for the dragon to have come out of it, and is paired with a hole in the roof. The hole in the floor leads into the dark murky depths of the lake, and it's difficult to tell how deep it goes.
Mar 1, 2018 10:30 pm
taking the cue from Paws, Ghunril looks around as well and looking at the large hole in the floor, If it's hoard isn't here its got to be down there... He points to the water. Anyone fancy a swim?
Mar 2, 2018 3:00 am
"Alright, I'm going in." I remove some of the heavier pouches from my belt. "I know exactly how much is in there, so don't get any funny ideas." Then, I cannonball into the water.
Mar 2, 2018 10:55 pm
Kaiakas frowns as Xara jumps into the water. "I ... do not like this." He begins looking around for a way to climb down instead of removing his heavy armor to swim.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Mar 3, 2018 1:08 am
Climbing in will be difficult. As far as Kai can see, it's a straight drop. You are, after all, standing on the top floor of a three-quarter submerged building. The hole in the floor leads into the rooms directly below, and it's a straight drop to the floor.

Xara, meanwhile, lands in the water with a splash. It's chilly, but the thought of a dragon's hoard keeps the chill from taking hold.
OOC:
Xara, can you please give me a perception and your choice of Athletics or Survival hold your breath and deep dive
Mar 3, 2018 2:31 am
Pawetha removes her rope from her pack. "If you got any extra, we can make several lines, or longer if one ain't enough. Seems like we got plenty of anchors up here." She looks for a secure point to fasten her rope, before letting the other end drop into the hole.
Mar 3, 2018 12:43 pm
Just keep swimming...

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(11) + 3 = 14

Survival - (1d20+1)

(16) + 1 = 17

Mar 4, 2018 12:56 am
Kaiakas hands over his 50 ft of hempen rope to Paws. "She will need this to get back up. I'm not certain I will be joining her down there - unless needed of course."
Mar 4, 2018 4:47 pm
Xara swims down. The deeper she gets the darker it gets, and as she begins to wonder if she'd even see the hoard -- a gleam. Forcing herself towards it she finds what she sought. A hoard indeed. A massive pile of coins, silver and gold, and gem stones of myriad colors. Within and atop it she spots a suit of plate armor, the handle of a weapon, a necklace radiating magical energy, and a small iron coffer. She feels herself start to choke, and realizes she needs to get back to the surface... Might have time to grab one thing on this dive though...
OOC:
What to grab Xara? What to grab?
Mar 4, 2018 8:24 pm
I grab the iron coffer and attempt to pull it back up with me to the surface.
Mar 4, 2018 8:53 pm
Xara grabs the coffer and tries to swim up, only to discover that iron is heavier under water and she's not the strongest swimmer... But in that moment she notices the weighted rope sinking nearby. Grabbing onto it, she loops it around the coffer and quickly ties it off before hurrying to the surface.

The rogue emerges with a huge gasp for air, and shouts for them to pull the rope. Hauling together, Kaikas and Pawetha get the coffer out of the water and onto the floor. It's a heavy thing and isn't ornate on the outside. It has a latch for a lock, but no lock on it.
Mar 4, 2018 10:26 pm
"The water's freezing, but the loot is great! Who wants to join me?"
Mar 5, 2018 5:49 am
"I will gladly help pull up any remaining treasure we liberate from the beast's hoard."
Mar 5, 2018 2:57 pm
Having no armor to take off I'll join our treasure hungry friend below. With that Ghunril takes the rope out of his pack and hands it to Kia then drops gracefully into the water next to Xara.
Last edited March 5, 2018 2:58 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(19) + 2 = 21

Survival - (1d20+2)

(17) + 2 = 19

Mar 5, 2018 4:36 pm
Pawetha secures more rope to available anchor points. Perhaps two can be used for the heavier things.
Mar 5, 2018 5:43 pm
With a bit of time and effort, you take turns diving, hauling and keeping an eye on the lake. You manage to drag the entire hoard, down to the coin, out from the depths. Counting it up you find yourself in possession of:

1x Iron Coffer (no lock)
1x Full Plate (finely crafted, and bearing a coat of arms you do not recognize immediately implying that it is indeed quite old)
1x Glowing Purple Bauble on a Chain (this is originally a Periphat of Wisdom +2, however one problem with this campaign is the treasure assumes a 'typical' adventuring party and that's no fun. So, I'm going to try "flexible treasure" : this is a necklace of "Base Stat +2" where whomever takes it chooses the base stat it modifies and it will become that forever)
1x Magic Weapon (same as above, originally this was a mace but I don't think any of you use a mace. Decide who will take it, and I will make it into a weapon suitable for them).
1x Horn of Blasting (see below)

A gold necklace (800gp value), eleven gems (30gp each), 8000 sp, 2300 gp, 130 pp.
OOC:
Horn of Blasting

You can use an action to speak the horn's command word and then blow the horn, which emits a thunderous blast in a 30-foot cone that is audible 600 feet away. Each creature in the cone must make a DC 15 Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, a creature takes 5d6 thunder damage and is deafened for 1 minute. On a successful save, a creature takes half as much damage and isn't deafened. Creatures and objects made of glass or crystal have disadvantage on the saving throw and take 10d6 thunder damage instead of 5d6.

Each use of the horn's magic has a 20 percent chance of causing the horn to explode. The explosion deals 10d6 fire damage to the blower and destroys the horn.
Mar 5, 2018 6:48 pm
I immediately wear both the gold necklace and the purple glowy necklace. "What do you think???"
Mar 5, 2018 7:00 pm
If the magic weapon was a Spear of returning +?? it would greatly increase my ability to start off the combat from range without having to burn through my spears.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.