Episode 1b - A Game of Chance

load previous
Jun 11, 2016 2:29 pm
Jeelee looks Lek over and grins,

"I think a girl like you could get a better bodyguard than that one, but I don't mind. We've got space."

She slides into the drivers seat and opens the passenger door,

"Let's hit the town!" she says with a grin.
Jun 12, 2016 1:35 am
Tisha shrugs and calls spread blaster, hopping in the front passenger seat
Jun 13, 2016 5:10 pm
Lek has been disturbingly quiet during the exchange between Jeelee and Tisha. He gets into the back of the speeder with a strange look on his face and as Tisha sneaks a look back at him, he is cleaning his blade with a bloody rag before putting it away.

He notices Tisha's look and snaps out of his reverie.

"Well, ladies, as I see it, whether you've cheated or not, you owe me some kind of explanation of how you managed to get a pure sabacc this quickly."

He smiles a grim smile.

"So, until I know, I'm not moving. But let's say that my presence is not just a threat but also an insurance. I'll not let anything happen to you until you spill the beans."
Jun 13, 2016 6:27 pm
Jeelee cackles,

"Didn't I tell you this one wasn't worth your time?" she asks Tisha, "Look, mister sore loser, sabacc is a game of chance. Sometimes the cards go your way, usually they don't. They went my way tonight and I intend for the streak to continue. Now you can either cheer up and join us for some fun or I'll drop you in the middle of Axial Park and you can hike out, if the Scarclaws let you."
Jun 13, 2016 6:49 pm
sounds like we're in for a fun night!

Tish gives Lek a reassuring glance when Jeelee isn't looking.

well, to Row! and since you're so lucky, maybe YOU can buy the next round!
Jun 13, 2016 7:05 pm
Lek sits back and folds his arms across his chest.

Let's see where this goes...
Jun 13, 2016 7:27 pm
Jeelee carefully nurses the speeder out of the alley and onto the main street. She sets an easy pace, passing the CorSec prowlers that have arrived to disperse the mob.

She drives up onto one of the freeways then glances at her passengers,

"You two comfortable?" she asks, then before waiting for a response she kicks the drive to full and the old speeder rockets down the freeway, weaving in and out of traffic.

"Hooweee!" shouts Jeelee exultantly, "I don't get to open her up too often these days!"
Jun 13, 2016 8:05 pm
you know, Jeelee, for an old lady, you're pretty ok
Jun 13, 2016 8:17 pm
Jeelee laughs,

"And for a little girl, you got some balls!"

Jeelee takes the long way to Treasure Ship Row, just enjoying the drive. As she goes she opens up, explaining that the landspeeder had belonged to her husband, now deceased, who had been a big shot in CEC in his day.
OOC:
Snakenuts; give me an easy Core World's check with a boost because it's your area of expertise.
Jun 14, 2016 9:44 am
Hmm, this rings a bell...

Rolls

Core World

3 Success

Total: 3 Success

Jun 14, 2016 6:47 pm
Lek sits in the back, not really listening to Jeelee's prattle. That is, not until she mentioned her late husband. Suddenly pieces of information were assembling in his mind;
-a hotshot engineer called Suran Agit who had convinced the board of CEC that they could take on Soro-Suub in the club racer Landspeeder market.
-the successful launch of the speeders, their versatility and price-point winning them many converts.
-his spectacular decision to retire from CEC, despite being tipped to take over as CEO, so he could start a race team.
-the team won medal after medal with the machines Suran built, all driven by a brash young hotshot pilot called Jeelee Dorus.
Jun 14, 2016 8:12 pm
Lek leans back in the speeder and strokes the material of the armrest.

"I'm sorry to hear Suran passed away. He made some great designs. Is this one of his designs as well?"
Jun 14, 2016 8:32 pm
At the mention of her husband's name Jeelee goes quiet for a moment, then looks in the rear viewscreen at Lek,

"This was his, our, baby. The first one off the line, and he made sure every part was built to within incredible tolerances. He loved every component that went into her."
Jun 14, 2016 8:34 pm
OOC:
man, and I was going to steal it, too...
Tisha puts a comforting hand on Jeelee's shoulder It's a beautiful machine
Jun 14, 2016 8:38 pm
"And you pilot it very well. I guess you don't race anymore?"

Lek looks back at Jeelee with some sympathy in his eyes. Suran was a legend in his time and the exploits of the pilot in his team were the talk of the pilot's mess. She must miss him a lot.
Jun 14, 2016 8:50 pm
Jeelee smiles but there are tears in her eyes,

Eventually you just have to accept that you don't have the reflexes any more. That was taken from me a long time ago now. This, she says stroking the steering control, this will be gone soon too. Can't afford to keep her up.
Jun 14, 2016 8:52 pm
Tisha turns and looks at Lek. subtly she mouths Should we tell her?
Jun 14, 2016 8:54 pm
Lek thinks for a few moments as the lights of Coruscant's nightlife flash by. Then he seems to make up his mind and nods.
Jun 14, 2016 9:12 pm
Jeelee, Lek and I haven't been entirely honest with you. We're partners. We came to play Sabacc in order to raise up enough money to purchase our own speeder. If you'd be willing to hear us out I'm sure the group we're with would be willing to make arrangements so you're not parted from it. We even have a good mechanic who will make sure she's well taken care of. We maybe even could use someone of your experience and expertise
OOC:
rolling charm at average difficulty so trigger the whole "she's so sweet, I can't stay mad at her" thing. don't want to be tossed out while the speeder is still moving.

taking strain
Last edited June 14, 2016 9:13 pm

Rolls

charm

2 Success, 2 Advantage, 4 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 2 Threat

Jun 14, 2016 9:44 pm
Jeelee says nothing. For. A. Very. Long. Time. She just drives, processing.

Eventually she pulls the car over, turns around and nods.

Maybe. One thing bothers me; you say "the group we're with". Sounds sinister. Is it going to be a problem for me?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.