1.2 - The Wyr River: A stranger among you.

load previous
Feb 9, 2015 4:15 pm
Osred can't put one word after another. He's out for this round.
Feb 9, 2015 4:48 pm
Round Three

Tara seems like a blur succeeds in her dodge and yet still takes 2 points of intellect damage.

R:3 - Utazó, seeing Osred being target, runs full tilt, sword drawn and with a single upward swipe, opens a large gash in his target (M:8) (7 dmg).

R:3 - Orsed is reeling from the two attacks, stunned. He sees bright lights of various colors and smells sweet rolls baking. He is oblivious to the battle happening around him, seeing shadows or ghosts of the people beyond him. He sees waves, ripples of color coming from the devices and his friends shapes ripple.... pretty. The ripples seem to lessen significantly around the shapes of the mudmen.

R:3 - Tara tumbles and leaps so fast, she is a blur. Seeing everyone targeting Osred, she makes her way over to defend him. With her ears covered, she makes a flip and kick at mud man (M:7) and misses.

R:3 - Yui seems her opponents (M:5) & (M:6) drop their weapons after their heads were knock together and then a blue spark in front of her from mud man (M:3). With skillful grace and speed, she side steps, cart wheels around and ends up beneath her opponent, blades aimed at what she hopes is a soft spot. Her first blade hits the mark (2 dmg), but her second misses (small target?)

R:3 - Darazen was stunned and stares into space seeing lights and colors and smelling fresh scents. She is trying to get her thoughts back together and under control, but this is so pretty.... "Snap out of it", she yells to herself in her mind.

R:3 - The commander, seeing a good portion of the group focusing on his man (M:7), aims his device and in the area, smiles and pulls the trigger.
(Those in the area of M7 or M8: Utazó, Tara, and Khoren are hit by an area blast. Defense rolls are more difficult as your focus was on defending Osred. )
Osred is already stunned, but mud mad (M:7) is between the commander and the Osred and he takes the brunt of the blast (and does not seem affected).

R:3 - Khoren, shocked at how he could not hold the attention of one mud man (M:7) uses his blades and swipes at mud man. His blades strike true. (2 dmg with each)

R:3 - The Mudmen Mooks:
Mudmen (M:2) is laying against the wall stunned. He is trying to gather his faculties. He reaches for his weapon and it falls apart in his hands. He stands up.
Mudmen (M:3) trained to ignore pain, he tries to track Yui and loses her. He attempts to bring his weapon to bare on anything near him and cannot find a target.
Mudmen (M:4) knocked out and secured
Mudmen (M:5) is shaking his head and trying to clear the stars. He reaches for his prod weapon and searchs for a target.
Mudmen (M:6) snaps back her head and lets out a scream. More focused, she reaches for her prod and drops it (not as focused as she thought)
Mudmen (M:7) Seeing the attention he is drawing, he steps back into a defensive position, waving his prod rod in front of him, then drops to his knees, blood continuing to flow from the wound in his neck. With a gurgle, he drops, dead.
Mudmen (M:8) is hit and hit hard. In shock, he drops her weapon. He clumsily tries to draw his prod and takes a defensive stance.

Results (Note: After this battle, I will not be displaying the list of opponents and the stats. This is just to get you used to what happens behind the scene)
Commander (M:1) 0/15
Mud Man (M:2) 7/9 and stunned
Mud Man (M:3) 2/9
Mud Man (M:4) 6/9, Knocked out unconscious
Mud Man (M:5) 3/9 and stunned
Mud Man (M:6) 3/9 and stunned
Mud Man (M:7) 9/9 (Dead)
Mud Man (M:8) 7/9

Give me your actions. Be as descriptive and you want to be and make sure you tell me who you are targeting.
Feb 9, 2015 4:55 pm
GM Instrusion: Due to an oversight on my part, I am intruding on the behalf of Osred. I failed to give him a defense roll on the last attack and he took it like a man. He PMed me and I rechecked the area attack rules. I offered my apologies and this intrusion: 2XP for Osred.

Of course, he must give one XP to another player, either publicly or privately. Let the sucking up begin. "Hey, I was the first to come to your aid!" "oh yeah? Well I did more damage" etc etc.

Also corrected a damage issue, #7 is dead.

Sorry, Osred ;)
Feb 9, 2015 5:34 pm
Darazen wonders what hit him. In a haze he sees lights and movement around him, but can do nothing to react. His mind and body seem unwilling to respond to his thoughts, and he silently curses at his misfortune. Through will alone he manages to clear his mind, and with little consideration for tactics unleashes a full effort mental onslaught at the nearest mudman (M:2).

Rolls

Onslaught - mental, with effort - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Feb 9, 2015 5:57 pm
Tara frowns as she flips again in an attempt to dodge the device for a 3rd time.
~Gotta not clump together.. it only gives them the advantage~ she thinks to herself...
With that, she heads towards (M:3) and attempts a Flying Kick.

Rolls

Speed Defense - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Attack - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Feb 9, 2015 9:50 pm
"Not... wavy.. can't... their colors, smell... YOU DON'T SMELL TASTY!!!"

Osred punishes the mook next to him (M8) for not being a freshly baked sweet roll.

Rolls

Dagger attack, no effort - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Feb 9, 2015 9:53 pm
The XP goes to Darazen for surviving my healing skill roll of 1, saving the healer from getting the first kill of the adventure.
Feb 9, 2015 9:59 pm
Out of the corner of her eye, Utazó sees the commander aim his wand in her general area and attempts to dart to the side.

EDIT: REROLLED BELOW
Last edited February 9, 2015 10:06 pm

Rolls

Speed Defense Roll (Trained in Speed Defense) - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Feb 9, 2015 10:01 pm
Burning an XP to re-roll the Speed Defense.

EDIT: XP well spent!
Last edited February 9, 2015 10:01 pm

Rolls

Speed Defense Roll (Trained) - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Feb 9, 2015 10:06 pm
I'm assuming Utazó is not terribly affected by the Captain's device.

Quickly ducking to the side Utazó regains her footing and takes aim at the Captain. Running forward she charges and attempts to bury her blade into his belly.

Rolls

Might check for the attack. - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Feb 9, 2015 10:52 pm
Khoren, shuddering from the blast from the mudman leader, presses his attack on the wounded mudman confronting Osred (M:8), attacking with both punch daggers. He positions himself between Osred and the commander, but hopes to finish this mudman off before turning his attention to the commander, and those terrible blast attacks.

Rolls

Speed defense - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Punch dagger attack #1 on M:8 - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Punch dagger attack #2 on M:8 - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Feb 9, 2015 10:53 pm
Spending an xp to reroll Speed defense.

Rolls

Speed defense reroll - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Feb 10, 2015 12:59 am
Now lost to the vicious void of battle, Yui lets go of her dagger (the forearm blade stays with her) and brutally shoves mudman M3 onto the stirring mudmen she bashed (M5 and M6), hopefully disorienting them further.

Rolls

Push mudman onto stirring mudmen - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Feb 10, 2015 1:19 am
(Okay, that went pretty well. I'll assume I succeeded.) "Hey, I've got a nice mud pile here! Anyone up for stomping on some throats?" Yui bares her teeth in a primal, wolflike grin and prepares to walk over and stomp on the downed mudmen, the idea of torturing them later almost completely forgotten. You'll pay for those beetles... (My actions are over, Yui is just talking).

(Is there any way Tara can land on the mudmen pile with her kick? That'd be some pretty epic teamwork. :) )
Last edited February 10, 2015 1:20 am
Feb 10, 2015 2:26 am
Spending XP to roll Speed Defense

Rolls

Speed Defense reroll - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Feb 10, 2015 3:21 am
Round Four

Utazó, seeing commander aiming his weapon aimed in his direction, yells at the others to watch out and he ducks behind one of the dead beetles.
Tara hears the warning and dives the other way, somersaulting and coming up on her feet, out of the area's affect.
Khoren in his mind is pursuing the mudman to the end of the rainbow. In reality, he did not hear the warning and got caught right full force. (4 damage to intellect, stunned for the next round)

R:4 - Utazó peers out and sees the commander smile fade. He springs out and charges at him, sword raised. The sword slices through the mud and brushes something metallic, doing no damage.

R:4 - Orsed slowly comes out of his funk and looks around. The closest mud man (M:8) comes into to focus and he swings with a dagger. Still a bit hazy, he misses.

R:4 - Tara, on her feet tumbles over to (M:3) and tries to do a flying kick. She missed, but lands on her feet behind him, ready to strike.

R:4 - Yui stands up with force, picking up the mud man (M:3) and throwing him at the two she tried to knock out earlier (M:5) & (M:6) who are knocked over (3 dmg each to 5 & 6). Mud man (M:3) falls in a tangle of arms and legs (2 dmg). Tara blinks and states, "He was mine".

R:4 - Darazen, his mind clearing finds focus on the mudman that had a strong mental block who resisted him at first (M:2) and is standing up next to the wall. Focus, focus, BOOM! He unleashes an onslaught! (2 dmg plus a major effect)

R:4 - The commander's eyes roll back in his head like he's been stabbed, a look of immense pain.... and then it is gone. He is stunned.

R:4 - Khoren, caught in the area of affect, stands there slowly waving his sword in the air, oblivious to what is happing around him

R:4 - The Mudmen Mooks:
Mudmen (M:2) standing up, he feels an attack on his mind, crush it, folding it, erasing it. In a last ditch effort, he opens his mouth to scream out, "Commander!", but nothing comes out. He falls, dead.
Mudmen (M:3) finds him flying through the air and into two of his comrades, then falling to the ground in a tangle of arms and limbs.
Mudmen (M:4) knocked out and secured
Mudmen (M:5) is knocked to the ground and trying to untangle himself from his colleagues.
Mudmen (M:6) is knocked to the ground. On her way, she sees her prod and reaches for it. Her hand grabs the hilt as (M:3) rolls on top of it, her fingers hitting the trigger. The spark under (M:3) cannot be seen, but is felt by him and the other two he is entangled with (1 dmg electical each)

Results (Note: After this battle, I will not be displaying the list of opponents and the stats. This is just to get you used to what happens behind the scene)
Commander (M:1) 0/15 (Stunned)
Mud Man (M:2) 9/9 (Dead)
Mud Man (M:3) 5/9 and prone
Mud Man (M:4) 6/9, Knocked out unconscious
Mud Man (M:5) 7/9 and prone
Mud Man (M:6) 7/9 and prone
Mud Man (M:7) 9/9 (Dead)
Mud Man (M:8) 9/9 (Dead)

Give me your actions. Be as descriptive and you want to be and make sure you tell me who you are targeting (you also might want to remind me if you have a special ability, or attack that you are using.
Feb 10, 2015 3:32 am
Utazó, sure that her previous strike hit armor, is somewhat surprised by the commander's reaction. Apparently my blade hit something she thinks to herself as she raises her sword and aims for the arm that holds the device which has been causing her and her companions so much trouble.

If I can just get him to drop that damned thing...

Rolls

Attack Roll - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Feb 10, 2015 4:06 am
With the refinement of a small child, Yui starts stomping on the mudmen maliciously, reveling in the cruelty of the primitive attack. "I die tall, you die broken, I die tall, you die broken, I die tall, you die broken..." The pace and pitch of Yui's mantra frantically increases with the pace of her furious stomps, until (hopefully) there remains but a pool of scum that were mudmen before (M5 and M6 ). Something wet shines on Yui's cheek.

(Dual wield stomping)
Last edited February 10, 2015 4:08 am

Rolls

Stomp on mudman M5-might effort - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Stomp on mudman M6 - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Feb 10, 2015 4:08 am
Tara looks at Yui and gives a nod of respect. "I'll keep trying to keep the commander busy.."
Tara moves and makes a Jump Kick at the Commander.. Hopefully also distracting him from Utazo's machinations..

(If I hit, I'm activating my Blood Magnet cypher)
Last edited February 10, 2015 3:17 pm

Rolls

Attack - w/ 2 lvls of Effort - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Feb 10, 2015 5:15 am
Darazen at first seems surprised at how effective his attack was, and then he smirks with satisfaction at his first kill. However as he smirks his mind involuntary draws towards the commander, and his head whips to lock eyes with the formidable foe. The commander appears to stagger and the gem in Darazen's forehead seems to glow momentarily. Darazen seems to stagger too, but more from surprise than the pain commander appears to suffer.

Osred feels a strange sensation in his mind as Darazen opens the telepathic link. **Osred, if you can, block the North exit while the commander is stunned. ** He hopes the speed of thought will give Osred more time to react, but just in case it doesn't Darazen also uncharacteristically barks out orders.

"Team, stop the commander from heading North. He's looking for reinforcements!"

With that Darazen expends a mental onslaught on the commander, with effort.

(Re roll with XP)

(Ooc: thanks for the XP Osred).
Last edited February 10, 2015 5:18 am

Rolls

Onslaught - mental, with effort - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Onslaught again - mental with effort - (1d20)

(11) = 11

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.